Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"If you could get rid of one team from the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL, which team would it be and why?"

• NFL - The Detroit Lions. I don't think this team will ever be a consistent winner. Even with Jared Goff this forthcoming season I believe it will be the same old story.

• MLB - The Pittsburgh Pirates. I'm from the 'Burgh and a lifeline Buccos fan but their best days are far behind them. They blew it in their last playoff run by allowing all their best players to walk and find greener pastures. Worst management in baseball. If they allow fans back at PNC Park this season and beyond they best expect very few to show up.

• NBA - The New York Knicks. They've had very few glory years and like the Pirates in baseball, this franchise is the worst run in pro basketball.

• NHL - I'm not a big hockey fan so not sure how to answer this one.
As a bonus, what about the UFC? What fighter would you like to see go away forever?

This is easy for me...Conor McGregor. All talk very little fighting. Then when he gets a really big fight, he's not as great as he talks. Khabib worked him, Nate Diaz submitted him and probably won their rematch. Dustin Poirier dusted the little Irish man. Now we probably won't see him again in the Octagon until next year sometime. Just stay away Conor. Retire.

MLB: the TB Rays and the Miami Marlins. Terrible fan base, poor attendance even when the team is good. Possibly the Oakland A's instead of the Marlins.

NFL: NY Jets
Haven’t won in 50 years and even then it was fixed

MLB: LA Angels
Ton of money and they still suck

NBA: NY Knicks
Still living off glory years 50 years ago. Jim Dolan can’t lose enough for me

NHL: cut half the teams

Definitely something fishy about Super Bowl III...Colts were HEAVY favorites...go figure
:pout:

Definitely something fishy about Super Bowl III...Colts were HEAVY favorites...go figure

I watched the game a few months ago
History records it as Joe Namath guarantees victory against a heavily favored Colts and delivers.

The game I saw was Namath had one drive against a Colt Defense that quit.
Meanwhile, the mighty Colt Offense had five drives inside the twenty in the first half and came away with zero points.

Fix

You could say the same about the Miracle on Ice hockey game in the Lake Placid Olympics when a
bunch of college players from the US beat the mighty Russian professional team.
Sometimes big upsets do happen. Calling an improbable upset a "fixed" game is like the Christian
that says everything that happens is God's Will.

I can't prove it but I suspect when a dam breaks down and a small town is flooded out there are
reasons why the dam gave out and many good people drowned.
And sometimes when a big football game doesn't go as planned it doesn't mean fixers somehow
made it happen.

You could say the same about the Miracle on Ice hockey game in the Lake Placid Olympics when a
bunch of college players from the US beat the mighty Russian professional team.
Sometimes big upsets do happen. Calling an improbable upset a "fixed" game is like the Christian
that says everything that happens is God's Will.

I can't prove it but I suspect when a dam breaks down and a small town is flooded out there are
reasons why the dam gave out and many good people drowned.
And sometimes when a big football game doesn't go as planned it doesn't mean fixers somehow
made it happen.
The only provable fixes are in boxing. Just ask Jake Lamotta (of course if he was alive). Took a dive on a payout from the mob against I believe was Billy Fox.

History records it as Joe Namath guarantees victory against a heavily favored Colts and delivers.

Meanwhile, the mighty Colt Offense had five drives inside the twenty in the first half and came away with zero points.

Fix
So you are saying it was done to make the AFL at the time seem equal to the NFL and promote the game as the merger would be completed the next year. I can believe it.

Fix
So you are saying it was done to make the AFL at the time seem equal to the NFL and promote the game as the merger would be completed the next year. I can believe it.
It worked out that way.

Baltimore was just playing too badly. First half, five trips inside the 20 and no points. Two missed field goals of under 25 yards. Three turnovers in the end zone.
Then, right before the half there was the famous Jimmy Orr play. A Flea Flicker that left Orr wide open and screaming for the ball. Earl Morral threw into double coverage instead and was intercepted.....guess he didn’t see Orr.
Baltimore players later said they practiced that play many times and it was designed to go to Orr. The QB never looked

Last one in first one out in all of em....actually make it 2-4 across the board. Baseball has too many crappy hitters

Forum List

Back