Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
2-part question:

"What is your favorite sports movie and why, and what was the best movie in the Rocky series?"

Rocky I was my favorite but all of the sequels run a very close second perhaps with the exception of Rocky III which I thought was the lamest of all. The best Rocky in the series is way too difficult to pick, but I really like Rocky Balboa and of course the original. Those would be at the top of the list. Just a great movie that had some of the best sequels ever. Sylvester Stallone wrote the script and not make the movie unless he played the main role and he did it so well all the way through the end.

As for runners-up for me to the Rocky series, there have been so many great sports movies I can't name a second. But here are some of my favorites:

• The Sandlot
  • Blue Chips
  • Raging Bull
  • We are Marshall
  • Rudy
  • Cinderella Man
  • The Lou Gehrig Story
  • Caddyshack
  • Everbody's All-American
  • Fear Strikes Out
  • Million Dollar Baby
  • Hoosiers
  • Remember the Titans (fantastic movie!)
  • Breaking Away
  • Miracle
  • The Karate Kid (original)
  • White Men Can't Jump
  • Victory
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Jerry McGuire
  • Gladiator (boxing movie)
  • Bloodsport
I'm sure I can think of more but this gets the ball rolling!

Rocky was the best. Rocky III was the most homoerotic Rocky ever. Rocky IV was a cartoon. Rocky V was by far the worst (even worse than Rocky III).

Rocky III was the best
The fight against Clubber Lang was the best fight sequence of the series.

My favorite sports movies by sport

Baseball...Major League
Football.....Remember the Titans
Boxing....Raging Bull
Basketball.....Hoosiers
Hockey.....Miracle
Horse Racing....Phar Lap
Golf......The Greatest Game Ever Played

Last edited:
Rocky was the best. Rocky III was the most homoerotic Rocky ever. Rocky IV was a cartoon. Rocky V was by far the worst (even worse than Rocky III).
The original Rocky was most likely to happen. A punch drunk street wise boxer who trained hard against a great champion who did not take him seriously and did not train very much for it. This movie was lightly based on Chick Wepner who was known as the Bayonne Bleeder.

Forum List

Back