Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"If you could be in attendance for one event in any sport what would be your top five choices with #1 being the one you would most like to see in person?"

1. MMA championship fight at Octagon side (never done that)
  2. Championship boxing match (maybe back in the day when I grew up-1970s)
  3. Super Bowl (been there already though-Super Bowl XLIII)
  4. World Series (was at the 1979 series in Pittsburgh for all three games)
  5. PGA championship event (did this too, the U.S. Open 1976 at Oakmont)

I've already done mine. Lake Placid, the 1980 Winter Olympic Games. I was in the arena the night the men's U.S. hockey team defeated the Soviet Union.

If I lived another 100 lifetimes I can't imagine I'd see anything as exhilarating and exciting as that...

Wimbledon Men's Singles Final
Masters final round
WS game 7
Pro Bowler's tour championship (TV finals), any tournament
Wimbledon Women's Singles Final

I don't follow many sports with any enthusiasm. The exception being college football and the Crimson Tide. I have attended 2 NCAA Championship games, so the bucket list is complete. I would love to see a few more in person, though.

I don't follow many sports with any enthusiasm. The exception being college football and the Crimson Tide. I have attended 2 NCAA Championship games, so the bucket list is complete. I would love to see a few more in person, though.
Very hard to watch sports these days with all the social and governmental bull getting in the way

Very hard to watch sports these days with all the social and governmental bull getting in the way

Eh, I focus on the actual game and ignore the hoopla around it.

Of course, that is easier given my preference in sports.

If you could be in attendance for one event in any sport

I have found that being in attendance basically sucks.
Unless you are willing to spend over a thousand dollars a ticket, you are stuck with seats with poor sight lines, overpriced parking, ridiculous prices for beer and food and obnoxious fellow fans.

Give me my recliner, a remote and a nearby fridge

Forum List

Back