Thought I was going to have to draw down on someone today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I stopped at a convenience store this morning to get some breakfast. I was eating a cup of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on the hood of my car when two parking spaces down, a car pulled up. I didn't pay any attention to the morbidly-obese black woman and the white woman, as they entered the store, but someone else sitting in the back seat of the car caught my attention. He appeared to be about late thirties or early 40's, mixed-race Hispanic, short hair, tattoos, and was staring daggers at me. I didn't see the license plate number, but the car and it was pretty obvious that the car and occupants weren't from around here.

I continued to eat my soup and sandwich, as he glowered at me, every few seconds glancing in his direction, but trying not to make eye contact. He appeared to make a motion several times, as he was going to exit the car and as I ate my sandwich, brushed my jacket back and gripped my Glock 19. I continued to eat my sandwich with my left hand, as I had a firm grip on my Glock with my right hand, glancing in his direction every few seconds. I was on the other side of the car where the engine block would offer cover, but I don't think the guy saw that I was wearing a pistol.

Unbeknownst to me, some customers walking by on the sidewalk behind me, must have seen how I was gripping the pistol, and gave me a funny look as they walked by.

After what seemed like an eternity, the two women came out of the store chattering with each other, got in the car, and left. I finished my breakfast and left, relieved that it didn't turn out in a bad way. It could have.

My advice is to keep your hand off your gun next time.

Milliseconds count, and there are no second-place winners in a gunfight.

No thanks.

Besides, it's not "brandishing a weapon" unless Mr. Glock comes out of his holster.
Pretty sure you could get it out before the guy got out of the car.
Take it easy.

Milliseconds count, and there are no second-place winners in a gunfight.

No thanks.

Besides, it's not "brandishing a weapon" unless Mr. Glock comes out of his holster.
Pretty sure you could get it out before the guy got out of the car.
Take it easy.

It would have been an easy shot: No bystanders within a couple hundred yards behind the car he was sitting in. Nothing but an open field.

Rule #4: Be sure of your target and what's behind it.

I'm glad it didn't get out of hand. Personally I never just hang out by a store under any circumstances. There are too many nutcases around these days.

Well this is a small town of about 5k people. But being on a major hwy, we get alot of people coming through from the bigger cities.

I'm glad too. The wife would never forgive me if her car had some bullet holes in it.

I stopped at a convenience store this morning to get some breakfast. I was eating a cup of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on the hood of my car when two parking spaces down, a car pulled up. I didn't pay any attention to the morbidly-obese black woman and the white woman, as they entered the store, but someone else sitting in the back seat of the car caught my attention. He appeared to be about late thirties or early 40's, mixed-race Hispanic, short hair, tattoos, and was staring daggers at me. I didn't see the license plate number, but the car and it was pretty obvious that the car and occupants weren't from around here.

I continued to eat my soup and sandwich, as he glowered at me, every few seconds glancing in his direction, but trying not to make eye contact. He appeared to make a motion several times, as he was going to exit the car and as I ate my sandwich, brushed my jacket back and gripped my Glock 19. I continued to eat my sandwich with my left hand, as I had a firm grip on my Glock with my right hand, glancing in his direction every few seconds. I was on the other side of the car where the engine block would offer cover, but I don't think the guy saw that I was wearing a pistol.

Unbeknownst to me, some customers walking by on the sidewalk behind me, must have seen how I was gripping the pistol, and gave me a funny look as they walked by.

After what seemed like an eternity, the two women came out of the store chattering with each other, got in the car, and left. I finished my breakfast and left, relieved that it didn't turn out in a bad way. It could have.

Cool story, bro. :113:

:laughing0301:

dwZ10.jpg

:laughing0301:

dwZ10.jpg

Nice. I'll admit, that's funny. Don't care who ya are...

That recounting had me on the edge of my seat! So HAPPY the story had a happy ending.

If he approached you ? I assume you would have only aimed and not fired ..right ??

. I continued to eat my sandwich with my left hand, as I had a firm grip on my Glock with my right hand, glancing in his direction every few seconds
Come on. Nobody is that hungry.
Right. You don't "hold fire" in such a situation. If you aren't pulling your piece and firing, you'd better be getting off the property on your way, and toss the sandwich out the window if you need to. It ain't worth it.

Kyle Rittenhouse II

Forum List

Back