Those who want to ban all guns do not live in the real world

Those who want to ban all guns do not live in the real world.
Those who fight all gun regulations do not live in the real world.

We need intelligent people, who understand the real world, to develop common sense gun regulations to stop the insanity of the gun culture in the USA
In other words, we live in a world where common sense is not common. ;)
Wait! What?!

We need intelligent people, who understand the real world, to develop common sense gun regulations to stop the insanity of the gun culture in the USA
"Common sense" gun laws must be demonstrably necessary and demonstrably effective - else, they make no sense at all.

1638735756475.png

So that means all civil law enforcement agencies along with all government and private security will be following the same gun regulations right?

After all if it's deemed the weapon or other equipment that should only be in the purview of the military, if that, then those agencies and companies will have to give them up also.

I'm sure the National Guard will appreciate the local police force here turning all their AR-15's over to them since that's what the police in this city have in stock.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

And you anti-gunners are fine and dandy with police, the military, federal LE agencies and private security details packing any level of firepower in whatever public spaces. When it comes to small arms, the People must be allowed to possess the same firearms as the government.

Years ago, I took my then two young nieces to a carnival at their elementary school in rural Pennsylvania. One of the local cops on patrol there was packing a Glock 18 loaded up with a 32 round magazine. What in the hell does a cop assigned to a small rural police department need with a fully automatic handgun? If the government can have it, carry it, and is licensed to use it, then so should the public.

Actually, I was being sarcastic. Gun control is the real oxymoron.

…to develop common sense gun regulations to stop the insanity of the gun culture in the USA
I was pretty much with you until you used this phrase.

“Common Sense Gun Laws” and “gun culture” are left-wing phrases used most often by those who tend not to understand what guns are, their proper place in society. That makes me question whether you truly come to the discussion without a bias.

And you anti-gunners are fine and dandy with police, the military, federal LE agencies and private security details packing any level of firepower in whatever public spaces. When it comes to small arms, the People must be allowed to possess the same firearms as the government.

Years ago, I took my then two young nieces to a carnival at their elementary school in rural Pennsylvania. One of the local cops on patrol there was packing a Glock 18 loaded up with a 32 round magazine. What in the hell does a cop assigned to a small rural police department need with a fully automatic handgun? If the government can have it, carry it, and is licensed to use it, then so should the public.
Nightson says "When it comes to small arms, the People must be allowed to possess the same firearms as the government."
Wrong
It is "arms" not "small arms". The intent of the 2nd amendment was lost long ago. As arms advanced and became more deadly, people and state militias were not allowed the same arms as the Federal Government.
If you are advocating for the true intent of the 2nd amendment, you should be asking for every arm the US military has.

I was pretty much with you until you used this phrase.

“Common Sense Gun Laws” and “gun culture” are left-wing phrases used most often by those who tend not to understand what guns are, their proper place in society. That makes me question whether you truly come to the discussion without a bias.
Why shouldn't every gun purchased in the US require a background check. Private sells included.
That is common sense.

Why shouldn't every gun purchased in the US require a background check. Private sells included.
Where have I said they shouldn’t (or should)?

Your post points out the largest problem with this discussion. Everyone assumes they know the other person’s position before that person states their position.

I would imagine the Glock 18 is a handful to shoot.

Where have I said they shouldn’t (or should)?

Your post points out the largest problem with this discussion. Everyone assumes they know the other person’s position before that person states their position.
I was telling you my position. That is my common sense. Is it yours also.

New Topics

Forum List

Back