Thorn in the side of GOP says he's just doing his job

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
(05-28) 04:00 PDT Washington -- Henry Waxman's critics say he is a "Bush-bashing" attack dog obsessed with a partisan vendetta.

His admirers say he is a dogged investigator making up for years of neglect during the six years a Republican-controlled Congress exercised little oversight of a Republican-controlled executive branch.

Whatever his motivations, the 17-term Democratic congressman from Los Angeles has been making life distinctly uncomfortable for the Bush White House.

cont ... http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/05/28/MNGV7Q2QGK1.DTL

"Doggedly investigating" continuing to beat long-dead horses. I'll go with the first defnition ... "Bush-bashing attack dog obessed with a partisan vendetta."

How many congressional investigations took place under the R leadership in the last 6 years?

How many congressional investigations took place under the R leadership in the last 6 years?

So, two of you posted. "They did it too!"

The "They did it too!" defense is for children. My children use it all the time.

If it was wrong before it is wrong now. The thirteenth time something is investigated after the twelve before finding there is no evidence of wrongdoing is getting a bit ridiculous.

How many witchhunts did Republicans engage in against Democrats for crap that is so old it's got gray hairs in the last 6 years? You tell me.

you dont know do you?

They investigate three things.

That is unheard of in a period of 6 years.

They also left office without finishing a budget.

They will go down in history and a set of the most do nothing congresses.

you dont know do you?

They investigate three things.

That is unheard of in a period of 6 years.

They also left office without finishing a budget.

They will go down in history and a set of the most do nothing congresses.

Whether or not I know is directly relevant to the fact that I really don't give a shit.

Investigating 3 things is DEFINITELY unheard of for Democrats, that's for sure.

We came up to the end of the fiscal year throughout the 80s and 90s without a finished budget. Before Reagain signed the Continuing Resolution bill, that meant we in the military (and the entire gov't) didn't get paid until the budget was passed.

Obviously your view of history is only surpassed by your knowledge of troop deployments.:rofl:

It goes back and talks about many adimis who did and didnt use their oversight properly and the results of such wisdom or folly.

It really is an interesting piece and commends and condems both R and D congresses from the past.

An interesting read indeed

Yup, its "OVERSIGHT" when a dem does it, it is harrassment when someone else does it, got ya.

How many Grand Juries did it take the "unbiased" truth seeking DA in the Delay case to get one to agree with him? And then why did a Judge promptly throw out the most serious charges before the thing even started?

And lets review, generally a competent DA can get a Grand Jury to indict anything for any reason, yet this one took how many years and how many Juries to conduct HIS Oversight?

Yup, its "OVERSIGHT" when a dem does it, it is harrassment when someone else does it, got ya.

How many Grand Juries did it take the "unbiased" truth seeking DA in the Delay case to get one to agree with him? And then why did a Judge promptly throw out the most serious charges before the thing even started?

And lets review, generally a competent DA can get a Grand Jury to indict anything for any reason, yet this one took how many years and how many Juries to conduct HIS Oversight?

ya got your "story" down pat, but it is wrong... the WORST charges against him was not dropped. one was dropped but it was not the worst by any means.

And Delay is being Charged by a texas prosecutor, NOT the Democrats or a Democratic congress so what does this have to do with anything?

care

You know I give you massive props, Gunny, but someone has to hold these guys up to scrutiny. They got a pass for far too long.

And I have no problem with holding them up to scrutiny. I have NO problem with Congress doing its job.

What I have a problem with is partisan witch hunting under the guise of "oversight," and thousands of special little committees to conduct them. I have a problem with governing this nation taking a back seat to partisan witch hunts.

I have a problem with going over and over and over the SOS looking for ANY word of fact that can be misconstrued into something it is not. How much time, effort, and money was spent convicting Scooter Libby of basically for not having perfect recall? For all the noise and accusations, that lame, grasping at straws conviction is ALL that resulted from the 3-ring circus.

ya got your "story" down pat, but it is wrong... the WORST charges against him was not dropped. one was dropped but it was not the worst by any means.

And Delay is being Charged by a texas prosecutor, NOT the Democrats or a Democratic congress so what does this have to do with anything?

care

Umm I suggest you check your facts, what party does that DA belong to again?

Forum List

Back