This Year Marks Thanksgiving's 400th Anniversary

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
The first Thanksgiving was in November 1621, 400 years ago.

If we were the nation we once were we would have had a year-long commemoration of this wonderful anniversary. But the left, as always, has seen fit to tear down Thanksgiving as much as possible these past few decades.

The same thing happened with the 500th anniversary of Columbus in 1992. All we need to do is to look back at the 400th anniversary of Columbus finding the New World, which would be 1892, to see the year-long commemorations over the event. Yet 100 years later the left basically destroyed the Columbus discovery and the 500th anniversary went by with very little fanfare.

The left is the enemy and on Thanksgiving 2021 we need to remember this and pray that millions more wake up to that fact.

Having said all this:

Happy Thanksgiving!

The first Thanksgiving was in November 1621, 400 years ago.

If we were the nation we once were we would have had a year-long commemoration of this wonderful anniversary. But the left, as always, has seen fit to tear down Thanksgiving as much as possible these past few decades.

The same thing happened with the 500th anniversary of Columbus in 1992. All we need to do is to look back at the 400th anniversary of Columbus finding the New World, which would be 1892, to see the year-long commemorations over the event. Yet 100 years later the left basically destroyed the Columbus discovery and the 500th anniversary went by with very little fanfare.

The left is the enemy and on Thanksgiving 2021 we need to remember this and pray that millions more wake up to that fact.

Having said all this:

Happy Thanksgiving!
Did anyone record a guest list, and was it near to Plymouth rock? One of my ancestors arrived there in 1619 on the Mayflower, which is now the State of Massachusetts. I would just like to know where the feast was at, and what was the tribe that fed the Colonists. If it was somewhere else he likely wasn't there. He did not sail with his parents according to my Grandfather. All we know was that he was a child, aged12 or less, and he got on board by acting like he belonged in a family group and hid out until a few hours after departure. He was put to work as an aprentice, grew up, married and had 12 sons. I had a 4-inch thick family history book of his progeny and an appendice written by my grandfather that included three generations of Americans that included his grandparents, parents, his 3 siblings and himself, his three chilreren, and their 8 grandchildren in my generation. I had let my sister read the Family history and my copy of grandpa's addon, but we both forgot about its return. My sister died about 4 months after my husband so the book probably is forever lost. I was likely one of the few with ties to the church of my fathers, but my Grandfather actually visited a relative of his with the same surname when he vacationed in Boston. They kidded each other about yankee and rebel, and Republican and Democrat, but they were both Presbyterians.. At least, that's what grandpa told me once. He died when I was a teenager, but he was my favorite person in the whole world so that's why I recall what he said and did. It was always good what he was doing. I was so proud when I learned he made and gave 167 childrens' sturdy chairs for the Presbyterian Church in Jacinto City that is probably a part of Houston that added a lot of homes when veterans came back post bellum WWII. I loved the pretty turquoise blue color he painted them because it was my mom's favorite color.... Didn't mean to waste your time on my memories of a world so long gone.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving USMB!!!!!!!!!:love_ya4:

1637877525343.png

Forum List

Back