This will be controversial

Wrong man was given all animals to use and eat. But biologically man NEEDS meat, with out it you need special diets and vitamins.

Every vegan I know is sickly.
Then you donā€™t get out much. There are a fast growing amount of vegan athletes, vegan bodybuilders, runners, etc. Youā€™re going by outdated, lame info.

I read back in the 1980s Stallone was a strict veggie guy..

But I love steak..

I completely get it. I used to love meat so much that I distinctly remember saying ā€œI could never be vegetarian or vegan.ā€ The funny thing is, pretty much every vegan says that exact same thing. And most vegans (at least the ones who do it for the animals) later say it was the best decision they ever made.

Not eating meat is the stupidest movement the world has ever seen.
It's purely based on emotion.
No, it absolutely is not. You are so wrong. Animal agriculture is horrible for the environment and is probably the biggest thing killing the planet. Hereā€™s an article for you to read: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/31/avoiding-meat-and-dairy-is-single-biggest-way-to-reduce-your-impactThis is not my -on-earth

Then you have the health aspectā€¦ cancer and heart disease are epidemics. Itā€™s how people eat! This is not my opinion, there are tons of studies to back up the link between animal products and problems like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. If you have Netflix, watch Forks Over Knives. Also watch the documentary What the Health?

Youā€™ve got it backwards. There are numerous good, logical, compelling reasons to go to a plant-based diet. And NO valid reasons to eat meat. People eat meat because of tradition/ habit/ tastebuds. Thatā€™s pretty much it. So what is based on emotion is continuing to do something that is detrimental in numerous ways, just because you like the taste.

Sorry.
Man is an omnivore like it or not.
Dont be a leftist and deny science.

Yeah, that must be why the more meat and animal products people eat, the higher their risk is for heart disease, cancer and other preventable diseases. And that must be why most people don't salivate when they see roadkill.

The actual science doesn't say what you think it does, this video goes over all of it, thoroughly:

But again...man is an omnivore.
Dont deny science.

Again, the actual science says something very different than what you've been taught. The video goes over all of that, in detail. I'm not going to list all the things said in the video, that would be redundant. You can watch it if you are genuinely interested in that topic.

Evolution says you're crazy.

You went to public school, didn't you? I'm not trying to insult you, I too went to government schools. I later realized that much of what we were taught was indoctrination, not truth. As a born again Christian, I have an entirely different worldview now, and I no longer buy into Darwinian evolution. But that's another topic.

Sorry...the teeth give it away.
Dont be anti science.

haha, of all the characteristics, that's one of the worst ones you could have used as an argument. When I look at our teeth, to me it's obvious we look more like an herbivore than anything else. But that said, there are some herbivores with sharp teeth, so that whole argument is not compelling in the first place.

This Jr.High if not grade school stuff.
How you dont know this is beyond me.

We went over this already, once or twice. You never refute or even address anything anything I say, you just repeat what you were taught in your government school. But it's fine if you don't want to have an actual two-sided discussion. I never even intended for this old thread to be bumped, I was just looking for something and gave some reactions to old posts, and then you bumped it.

ETA: And it's not that I "don't know" that stuff. Obviously I do. As I stated earlier (which you apparently missed) I used to believe the same things you believe, for many years. Then my entire worldview changed when I became a believer. Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on mankind. But that's a different topic.

A believer huh....
Sounds like a cult.

You think Christianity is a cult? Are you an atheist?

Show me where it says in the Bible that man is an herbivore.

The very first chapter of the very first book in the Bible, in the creation account:

Then God said, ā€œI now give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the entire earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Genesis 1:29

That doesnt say not to eat meat.

In the Garden of Eden there was no violence or death before the fall of man. It was basically paradise. From a biblical perspective, God didn't have to say "don't eat an animal" because it probably never even occurred to the very first humans to eat an animal, when it was clear that their God-given diet was vegetarian. In other words, they were innocent. They were basically clean slates. Killing and eating animals was not introduced until centuries later, and the origin of that is interesting, but I digress.

Are you denying the caveman ate meat?

Did you not hear me the first couple times we went over this? If you have an entirely different worldview, then it's pointless to argue with you about our origin.

Why do you deny science?

I don't. Any other non-arguments?

Yes you obviously do.
It's common knowledge that man is an omnivore.
And who came to that conclusion?.....Thats right,scientist.

Behaviorally, yes. But as the info in that video thoroughly shows, not biologically or physiologically.

It's not a coincidence that the more animal products a person has in their diet, the higher the risk is for heart disease, cancer and other preventable diseases.

But we're going around in circles here. You can believe you were meant to eat dead bodies if you want. :dunno: The fact remains that it is wrong to harm, abuse and needlessly kill innocent sentient beings for selfish reasons.

LOL....you got it bad!

What the heck are you talking about? Are you talking about the video in post #226? That was not a "documentary" of any kind, it was a video on whether humans are herbivores, omnivores or carnivores. The doctor speaking cited another doctor, one of the most prominent cardiologists in the world, with over 1600 publications in peer-reviewed medical journals. And IIRC, the word veganism was never even mentioned.

AGAIN, it appears that you didn't even watch it. But that's fine, you don't have to watch something you don't want to watch. :dunno: But you shouldn't attack something you didn't even watch, that is something a closed-minded unteachable fool would do.

Again, I don't debate videos. I called it a documentary, but "religious tract" would be a better description.

If YOU have an a argument, make it and I will refute it.

Last edited:
I wish everyone would watch this.

I'm not posting this to get into debates. TBH, we all have free will and as long as people make informed decisions, that's the important thing. But to me what's a lot worse than people who simply oppose the message of vegansim are people who claim to love animals, and always act as if they care about animals, but then at the same time they eat meat and animal products...as if one thing has nothing to do with the other. Then again, I get it, I was once kinda like that. But in my case it was due to lack of awareness of the reality. That is exactly why I'm posting this video... not for those of you who already know and don't care, but for those who don't know but claim to care.

I'm not posting this to get into debates. TBH, we all have free will and as long as people make informed decisions, that's the important thing. But to me what's a lot worse than people who simply oppose the message of vegansim are people who claim to love animals, and always act as if they care about animals, but then at the same time they eat meat and animal products...as if one thing has nothing to do with the other. Then again, I get it, I was once kinda like that. But in my case it was due to lack of awareness of the reality. That is exactly why I'm posting this video... not for those of you who already know and don't care, but for those who don't know but claim to care.

I see buttercup as run from the other thread where I posted verses from the bible that prove her wrong.

I see buttercup as run from the other thread where I posted verses from the bible that prove her wrong.

I didn't run, you were like talking to a brick wall. And you were also being dishonest by misrepresenting my position and my post, so actually I took the Bible's advice on arguing with certain types of people.

I didn't run, you were like talking to a brick wall. And you were also being dishonest by misrepresenting my position and my post, so actually I took the Bible's advice on arguing with certain types of people.

Ya just in time not to respond to all the passages from the bible that prove you wrong, How convenient for you.

Ya just in time not to respond to all the passages from the bible that prove you wrong, How convenient for you.

Don't flatter yourself, I already spent a ton of time with you on that thread and the only thing you proved is that you are like a brick wall, you continually ignored almost everything I posted and it was a one-sided 'discussion' (if you can call it that.) And again, in addition to evading almost everything I said, you misrepresented my position in a dishonest way.

Here, if you're interested in this topic, watch the video below and look and what you're paying for and supporting:

(I won't hold my breath that you will, you will likely ignore it like you ignore everything that doesn't go along with your pre-existing ideas.)

Don't flatter yourself, I already spent a ton of time with you on that thread and the only thing you proved is that you are like a brick wall, you continually ignored almost everything I posted and it was a one-sided 'discussion' (if you can call it that.) And again, in addition to evading almost everything I said, you misrepresented my position in a dishonest way.

Here, if you're interested in this topic, watch the video below and look and what you're paying for and supporting:

(I won't hold my breath that you will, you will likely ignore it like you ignore everything that doesn't go along with your pre-existing ideas.)

Again you are not a christian and I proved it with the quotes I provided. That you are ignoring.

Forum List

Back