THIS was AMERICA.

I remain worried about the country and world my wife and I will be leaving to our beautiful daughters. But some of that was lifted at Biden's inauguration.

I was going to post the video of this young lady's moment, but I know that would have been a waste of time. Some here don't want to see it, or know about it.

So I'll just post a photo. This was America. Not the last four years of ugliness. Suddenly I'm a bit more comfortable with our daughters' world.

141032462_3727798537240260_6633556287191717333_n.jpg

Her poetry was beautiful. And a solid message of hope.

More like a thinly veiled attack on a little less than 1/2 the country.

I guess you see what you look for. But I do not believe it was an attack on 1/2 the country. It was about hope for all moving forward.
These are people who exist in a binary, paranoid world. So anything that isn't 100% support is an attack.

We just need to hope that this fades enough that they can go back to where they belong: The fringe.
That sounds really neat, but when it comes down to it, you also demonstrate a binary pattern.

You only focus on the right "fringe" and it is ALL fringe to you, while you OUTRIGHT IGNORE the very obvious Marxist left "fringe" and let them run wild without a word from you.
Why do you want lefty kooks to go after lefty kooks when you have the righty kooks to go after lefty kooks? Isn’t that how it works?
That wasn't my point. Just showing how Mac is doing nothing but throwing around a bunch of bullshit about the fringes when he is part of one.

I remain worried about the country and world my wife and I will be leaving to our beautiful daughters. But some of that was lifted at Biden's inauguration.

I was going to post the video of this young lady's moment, but I know that would have been a waste of time. Some here don't want to see it, or know about it.

So I'll just post a photo. This was America. Not the last four years of ugliness. Suddenly I'm a bit more comfortable with our daughters' world.

And a challenge, for everyone.
Democracy won, democracy won, democracy won....

More than anything else, I'm just relieved to know that this country is better than I feared over the last four years.

HOLY SHIT Mac...we fucking get it....Some neat words made you feel all safe and warm inside and for that nothing else matters....that’s gay and weird as fuck.
Nobody here needs to be verbally coddled more than you do... trust me, we totally get it.

Damn, I can only imagine how giddy you must have got hearing the Kenyans neatly assembled words, he must have gave you a boner...I see you calling off sick from work so you could stay home, sit in front of the television and cry as you listened to the Kenyans words....Don’t lie, that actually happened didn’t it?
America is going to change. America is changing right now.

Wanna know the most ironic part?

Trump and his Trumpsters have sped up the process.
Change, how?

Tell me.
I have to admit, I began making a list for you. But why bother? We both already know.

And as things change, you'll never look in the mirror and admit you played a role.

I guess you see what you look for. But I do not believe it was an attack on 1/2 the country. It was about hope for all moving forward.
These are people who exist in a binary, paranoid world. So anything that isn't 100% support is an attack.

We just need to hope that this fades enough that they can go back to where they belong: The fringe.
That sounds really neat, but when it comes down to it, you also demonstrate a binary pattern.

You only focus on the right "fringe" and it is ALL fringe to you, while you OUTRIGHT IGNORE the very obvious Marxist left "fringe" and let them run wild without a word from you.
Why do you want lefty kooks to go after lefty kooks when you have the righty kooks to go after lefty kooks? Isn’t that how it works?
That wasn't my point. Just showing how Mac is doing nothing but throwing around a bunch of bullshit about the fringes when he is part of one.
You obviously don't actually know my politics.

That's okay. It's not important that you do.

Nope, sure don't. You're welcome to start a thread on the fringe Left and tag me.

I'll be more than happy to contribute.

Let's see if you have the balls to do that.

:popcorn:
It would be a waste of time. You never contribute. You never respond to me.

Let's see if you have the balls to respond to me in this thread.

You obviously don't actually know my politics.

That's okay. It's not important that you do.

Haha...you have no “politics”.
You’ve made that crystal clear. You are all about social construct and soft, easy, nice speak from yo Massa.

More than anything else, I'm just relieved to know that this country is better than I feared over the last four years.

HOLY SHIT Mac...we fucking get it....Some neat words made you feel all safe and warm inside and for that nothing else matters....that’s gay and weird as fuck.
Nobody here needs to be verbally coddled more than you do... trust me, we totally get it.

Damn, I can only imagine how giddy you must have got hearing the Kenyans neatly assembled words, he must have gave you a boner...I see you calling off sick from work so you could stay home, sit in front of the television and cry as you listened to the Kenyans words....Don’t lie, that actually happened didn’t it?

Change, how?

Tell me.
I have to admit, I began making a list for you. But why bother? We both already know.

And as things change, you'll never look in the mirror and admit you played a role.
No, I honestly want to hear how you think America has to change.

Make your list.

Nope, sure don't. You're welcome to start a thread on the fringe Left and tag me.

He won’t and doesn’t because he can’t.
Atleast he’s smart enough to know that.

He comes in here and shits on everybody about being part of fringes and says a bunch of generalized nonsense like "America will change," but when it comes down to actually having a decent discussion or getting to specifics, Mac refuses.

That tells me that he either knows that his politics are ridiculous and has no way to defend said nonsense, or that he doesn't know shit and is hiding his ignorance behind platitudes and generalization fed to him by CNN et al.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Change, how?

Tell me.

Make your list.
That's not what I said.

This is why I no longer bother with you folks.

Amanda Gorman was the breakout star of the show. The YouTube hits are in the multi-millions and her books shot 1 and 2 on Amazon Bestseller List. And yes - I think we need the video. Text or a photo alone doesn't capture it. Brilliant orator as well as writer. She had to rewrite and add to it in the two weeks since the Trump riots also.

Last edited:

Change, how?

Tell me.

Make your list.
That's not what I said.

Well why don't you clarify?

It seems to me that you give a little effort in describing or even defending your positions.

What am I to conclude from that?

I'm here to listen. Lay it out for me. Tell me what I'm responsible for. Tell me how I caused this change that you were ledge is coming.

Don’t be a drama queen

I’m not. Between the lack of adequate parenting in our Society, especially from fathers and the fact that every assistance program I see out there being focused on girls, minorities, or those who see themselves as some other form of downtrodden group, young men are being left behind. It’s just a fact.

He comes in here and shits on everybody about being part of fringes and says a bunch of generalized nonsense like "America will change," but when it comes down to actually having a decent discussion or getting to specifics, Mac refuses.

That tells me that he either knows that his politics are ridiculous and has no way to defend said nonsense, or that he doesn't know shit and is hiding his ignorance behind platitudes and generalization fed to him by CNN et al.

That’s become Mac1958 ’s M.O.
He’ll wow himself with a novel of an opening post and then avoid defending anything he said once challenged.
He cleverly veils his positions in extreme ambiguity...he does so knowing he should be embarrassed or ashamed of said positions.
He refuses to engage in a substantive exchange, he’s worried that he may be forced to change positions if somebody makes too much sense. Typical Lib shit.

Mac: The fringes must be dealt with

Me: How? 'Splain it to me.

Mac: I don't need to explain anything to you.

Me: Then why put it on a message board? Either you want to have a discussion or you don't. Which is it?

Mac: :itsok:

:dunno:

Change, how?

Tell me.

Make your list.
That's not what I said.

Well why don't you clarify?

It seems to me that you give a little effort in describing or even defending your positions.

What am I to conclude from that?

I'm here to listen. Lay it out for me. Tell me what I'm responsible for. Tell me how I caused this change that you were ledge is coming.
Yes, I now make little effort in going into detail or defending my positions. Here. What you can conclude is that I have decided it's usually a waste of time. Here. It depends on whom I'm communicating with.

The country is changing, due to a variety of factors. You can try to somehow stop it from happening, or you can be a part of it and try to influence it in the most positive way possible. That's up to you.

Haha.... did it give you a tingling down your leg??

:lol:

Haha.... did it give you a tingling down your leg??

:lol:
I don't remember. Maybe just a smile on my face. Yes, definitely a smile on my face.

Forum List

Back