This song been stuck in my head all week.

I am not trolling,, I cannot get away from it.

Musically, one of the coolest songs ever. The intro is amazing. I used to be a huge Stones fan.

But then I woke up and started realizing that the Stones, as were most musical superstars of the 60's, were stone cold satanists.

And last week you were complaining about that butt plug stuck in your ass.

Musically, one of the coolest songs ever. The intro is amazing. I used to be a huge Stones fan.

But then I woke up and started realizing that the Stones, as were most musical superstars of the 60's, were stone cold satanists.

Have heard or read that about some musicians and bands, but never thought of the Stones in this way.

What made you come to this conclusion?

Have heard or read that about some musicians and bands, but never thought of the Stones in this way.

What made you come to this conclusion?

The misogyny -- Under My Thumb is a squirming dog.

The blatant message - Sympathy For The Devil.

And the story I just heard for the first time -- that poor back up singer who screamed "rape, murder" so forcefully that she lost her unborn child.

My mom actually listened to some of the music and broke many of my records -- Sister Morphine really pissed her off.

The misogyny -- Under My Thumb is a squirming dog.

The blatant message - Sympathy For The Devil.

And the story I just heard for the first time -- that poor back up singer who screamed "rape, murder" so forcefully that she lost her unborn child.

My mom actually listened to some of the music and broke many of my records -- Sister Morphine really pissed her off.

You could be correct, I'm not doubting it, but drug addicts have pretty wild imaginations and I think that definitely carries over into song writing.

Will do some research on it though, it's got me curious.

I'm going through every version in that list I posted. Most of them are clunkers, but a couple are ok...

Geez. what is the song about

He is saying he wants shelter from Murder and RAP

IS this song about culture gone bad or war ???

You could be correct, I'm not doubting it, but drug addicts have pretty wild imaginations and I think that definitely carries over into song writing.

Will do some research on it though, it's got me curious.

I never really listened critically to lyrics of a lot of it until I was well into adulthood, and then I heard for the first time the Beatles singing Run For Your Life if you can little girl, and just started feeling that the music I liked as a stupid kid had an uncomfortable edge to it.

I still like some of the music itself.

It was fun watching my operatic tenor of a husband -- who was quite a bit older than I -- analyze some of the musicality of the bands I liked as a kid. He adored some of Queen's harmonies, especially Bohemian Rhapsody, of course.

Geez. what is the song about

He is saying he wants shelter from Murder and RAP

IS this song about culture gone bad or war ???

No idea, but Puddle of Mud did the best cover so far, and I'm only back to 2011 in the list....

I never really listened critically to lyrics of a lot of it until I was well into adulthood, and then I heard for the first time the Beatles singing Run For Your Life if you can little girl, and just started feeling that the music I liked as a stupid kid had an uncomfortable edge to it.

I still like some of the music itself.

It was fun watching my operatic tenor of a husband -- who was quite a bit older than I -- analyze some of the musicality of the bands I liked as a kid. He adored some of Queen's harmonies, especially Bohemian Rhapsody, of course.

One band that I was never into as a kid but learned to like as an adult is Iron Maiden.

A lot of their song titles and lyrics involve Heaven, Hell and Biblical type events. As a kid I always looked at them as possible devil worshippers and it kept me from being a fan.

About 5 years ago I stumbled across their documentary "Flight 666" while channel surfing and boy am I glad I did. I've been a fan ever since. Not only are they great musicians but Bruce Dickenson is hands down one of the best rock lead singers of all time.

The drummer (Nicko McBrain) is a self proclaimed Christian and after watching the documentary and then buying and listening to their music, my perception of them changed.

Sure, I'm not really a fan of some of their song titles like "Number of the Beast". But musically, they are one of the best I've ever heard.

If you like rock music, you owe it to yourself to watch that documentary. The film follows the band on the first leg of their Somewhere Back in Time World Tour in February and March 2008, during which they travelled on their own customized Boeing 757, Ed Force One, which used the call-sign "666". Bruce Dickenson is also the pilot.

Just a sample.

Forum List

Back