This really pisses me off

American sends back adopted Russian boy with 'behavioural problems' | Mail Online

Some stupid broad adopts a kid in russia, decides she can't handle him, and send him back to Russia, by himself...and he's only SEVEN years old!

There should be a special kind of hell for assholes who do these things.

Also, what is up with the airlines letting a seven year old fly connecting flights by himself?
Yes. Lots of screw-ups involved in this story.

At least you didn't try to blame the USA for it. Check this out: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/112888-americas-shame-adopted-kid-returned.html :lol:

That mother should be arrested.

She cannot send her child back to Russia any more than someone could send their disruptive American born child to Russia.

ahhh all so judgemental of this woman....did you read where the kid said he wanted to burn down the house with everyone in it...not once...not twice but almost daily....no one knows what type of trauma has occurred with this child....russia is know for dumping kids not fit for adoption into the system...plus she was a single mother...i am not defending her actions but i am not gonna pile on and curse her...

i wished i was as perfect as yall are....

i dont approve of her method of return....i am simply glad she didnt beat him to death etc....wow..let me remind you...people are beating kids to death daily....hell most likely hourly...i dont see yall hating on them....

could yall stop being so reactionarly to things you find in the press.....child abuse is rampant in this country....but lets all cry and weep over one russia boy......

An average of nearly four children die every day as a result of child abuse or neglect (1,760 in 2007).

Child Abuse Statistics

but hey lets not see the forest for the trees

I've never understood why Americans want to adopt children from overseas when there are plenty of children here who need to be adopted...anyway!! What's the difference in adopting children from another country than adopting from the country where you live? I don't get it! Americans are complaining about bringing immigrants into this country, does it make a difference if they are from Mexico or Russia? If not, then why are so many people upset about the boy being sent home to Russia by himself? Would they be as upset if he was sent home to Mexico by himself? I doubt it...afterall, he would not be Russian. If you get my meaning.

Last edited:
I've never understood why Americans want to adopt children from overseas when there are plenty of children here who need to be adopted...anyway!! What's the difference in adopting children from another country than adopting from the country where you live? I don't get it!

Legally, it seems that it is much easier to adopt a foreign born child. Not nearly the long waiting.

It's our society with its whole instant gratification thing.

Well, if we call ourselves Christian people who sit in church every Sunday and listen to the pastor preach about the rights and wrongs of our society and what we as Christians should be doing right...we are failing miserably. And it's a shame.

Well, if we call ourselves Christian people who sit in church every Sunday and listen to the pastor preach about the rights and wrongs of our society and what we as Christians should be doing right...we are failing miserably. And it's a shame.

oh, that's right,, you want to pull that "we are a Christian nation" when it's all convenient to make us look bad,, but come Christmas,,, well,, then that's another matter then isn't it?? can't celebrate Christmas,, then we'd be all undiversified, selfish, and religious.. jeeeeeze people. we gotta celebrate winter,, or the sun don't shine much solstice.. bs.

In the letter sent along with the boy, she wrote matter-of-factly:

This child is mentally unstable. He is violent and has severe psychopathic issues. I was lied to and misled by the Russian Orphanage workers and director regarding his mental stability and other issues. ... After giving my best to this child, I am sorry to say that for the safety of my family, friends, and myself, I no longer wish to parent this child.

Savelyev's adoptive grandmother also told the Associated Press that "the Russian orphanage officials completely lied ... because they wanted to get rid of him." After being adopted in September, the trouble began: "He drew a picture of our house burning down, and he'll tell anybody that he's going to burn our house down with us in it." She added: "It got to be where you feared for your safety. It was terrible." A neighbor reports that the boy had gotten in trouble recently for setting fires.

This is hardly the first time an adoptive parent has accused an orphanage or adoption agency of concealing information about a child; nor is it the first time a troubled adoption has raised tensions between Russia and the U.S. A total of 15 Russian children have been murdered by their adoptive parents in the U.S. since the 1990s.The phenomenon led Russia to bring adoptions to a screeching halt in 2006 while improvements were made to pre-adoption training and post-adoption checkups. Now, a similar overhaul is being planned, which is very welcome news. The sad truth, though, is that kids who are institutionalized like Savelyev have a higher likelihood of developing behavioral issues, according to researchers. They are also at greater risk for developmental and psychological problems. In orphanages, infants can be starved of critical stimulation and affection, which can hinder mental development and cause serious attachment issues; that kind of early trauma can actually rewire the brain's circuitry

Add to all that the possibility of sexual and physical abuse. It's worth noting that Savelyev told his adoptive family that he had been beaten with a broom handle at the orphanage (although he's also told Russian child welfare officials that Hansen pulled his hair). All of these risk factors skyrocket the longer the child is kept in the institutionalized setting. Adoptees also often face a host of prenatal risks -- including maternal malnourishment, drug use and drinking. Savelyev was reportedly given over to the orphanage at age six due to his mother's alcoholism

What kind of mom "returns" her adopted son? - Broadsheet - Salon.com

oh, that's right,, you want to pull that "we are a Christian nation" when it's all convenient to make us look bad,, but come Christmas,,, well,, then that's another matter then isn't it?? can't celebrate Christmas,, then we'd be all undiversified, selfish, and religious.. jeeeeeze people. we gotta celebrate winter,, or the sun don't shine much solstice.. bs.

Well, we do look bad and we do call ourselves Christian people. I also asked why are we adopting children from overseas when we have plenty of children right here in the US who need to be adopted. What's the difference in adopting an American child from a Russian, Ugandan or Korean? Why aren't American children wanted by people from their own country? Answer that!!

Well, we do look bad and we do call ourselves Christian people. I also asked why are we adopting children from overseas when we have plenty of children right here in the US who need to be adopted. What's the difference in adopting an American child from a Russian, Ugandan or Korean? Why aren't American children wanted by people from their own country? Answer that!!

No,, WE don't look bad.. unless you want to put that characterization of one or a few individuals on a whole nation,, for instance,, given the origination of the 9-11 terrorists I guess we can say the whole country of Saudi Arabia sucks huh,, and since they are muslim,, all muslim look bad..

My family always threatened to sell me to the gypsies...someone finally followed through?

Lots of holes in the adoption process. It looks like they wanted to badly dump the kid, and she got more than she was prepared for, and she really wasn't ready for any kind of full time parenting, and they gave her a kid that needed 24/7.

Meanwhile, lots of matches don't happen.

Lots of holes in the adoption process. It looks like they wanted to badly dump the kid, and she got more than she was prepared for, and she really wasn't ready for any kind of full time parenting, and they gave her a kid that needed 24/7.

Meanwhile, lots of matches don't happen.

All kids are a 24/7 job.

American sends back adopted Russian boy with 'behavioural problems' | Mail Online

Some stupid broad adopts a kid in russia, decides she can't handle him, and send him back to Russia, by himself...and he's only SEVEN years old!

There should be a special kind of hell for assholes who do these things.

Also, what is up with the airlines letting a seven year old fly connecting flights by himself?

She didn't really send him back by himself, her mother flew with him to DC, and he was put on a plane. It is common practice for children to fly alone, with the staff looking after him. My brothers did it all the time when they flew here to visit.
They also had someone meet him at the airport when he arrived in Russia.

New Topics

Forum List

Back