This PA Lawmaker Is A Christian Zealot, An Academic Fraud, And An Insurrectionist. He's The Tip Of The Iceberg

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
On May 9, the New Yorker published a feature story by Pulitzer winner Eliza Griswold about Pennsylvania state Sen. Doug Mastriano, who could well be the Republican nominee for governor next year, as a flagship example of the swelling power of Christian nationalism within today's GOP. That's an issue I focused on in a 2018 story largely driven by a paper called "Make America Christian Again," co-authored by sociologist Andrew Whitehead. I described this phenomenon as "an Old Testament-based worldview fusing Christian and American identities, and sharpening the divide with those who are excluded from it," and quoted from the paper:

Christian nationalism … draws its roots from "Old Testament" parallels between America and Israel, who was commanded to maintain cultural and blood purity, often through war, conquest, and separatism.

The deep state exists alright, and it isn't some secret leftist cabal.

Unwilling to disable my ad blocker for this purpose, I was not able to read the linked article.

Here is the academic background noted on his website. Please detail how these are "fraudulent."

Academic Background

1986 Bachelor of Arts, History, Eastern University, St. Davids, Pennsylvania

1992 Masters Strategic Intelligence, Joint Intelligence College, Washington, DC

2001 Masters Airpower Theory, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL

2002 Masters Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL

2010 Masters Strategic Studies, US Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

2013 Ph.D. University of New Brunswick, Canada (Doctor of History)

Please explain what a "Christian zealot" is. I am not aware.

Unwilling to disable my ad blocker for this purpose, I was not able to read the linked article.

AlterNet is a notorious left wrong-wing lies and propaganda site. It's a safe bet that any sane person, somehow being foolish enough to disable his ad blocker in order to read any content on that site, would find it to be complete bullshit.

From what little is quoted in the OP, as well as the OP's own commentary, I think we can get as much as we need to know about the Godless, anti-Christian, anti-American, anti-decency agenda being promoted here, anyway.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

On May 9, the New Yorker published a feature story by Pulitzer winner Eliza Griswold about Pennsylvania state Sen. Doug Mastriano, who could well be the Republican nominee for governor next year, as a flagship example of the swelling power of Christian nationalism within today's GOP. That's an issue I focused on in a 2018 story largely driven by a paper called "Make America Christian Again," co-authored by sociologist Andrew Whitehead. I described this phenomenon as "an Old Testament-based worldview fusing Christian and American identities, and sharpening the divide with those who are excluded from it," and quoted from the paper:

Christian nationalism … draws its roots from "Old Testament" parallels between America and Israel, who was commanded to maintain cultural and blood purity, often through war, conquest, and separatism.

Shit your pants.

While I'm an Atheist, I have no problem with Mastriano running for Governor. We are not allowed to prohibit any political candidate running for office, because of his/her religion. A good example is Ilhan Omar. She's a vile Islamist who hates the nation that took her in and because of our freedoms, she has risen to be a Congresswoman (person/it/thing).
As the deep state existing, that is indeed correct. It exists openly in the form of the so-called Democrat Party, which is also referred to as the Swamp.

From the link in the OP

H]e has led rallies against mask mandates and other public-health protocols, which he has characterized as "the governor's autocratic control over our lives." He has become a leader of the Stop the Steal campaign, and claims that he spoke to Donald Trump at least fifteen times between the 2020 election and the insurrection at the Capitol, on January 6th.
Since Griswold's story was published, Mastriano has claimed to have Trump's endorsement for governor, along with a promise to campaign with him (though a Trump adviser has disputed this), while new evidence casts doubt on his claims of non-involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection. On June 2, he was one of three Pennsylvania lawmakers who toured the Arizona election "audit," calling for the Keystone State to follow suit, the latest front in Trump's effort to delegitimize Biden's election.

He's a Trump Humper.

From the link in the OP

H]e has led rallies against mask mandates and other public-health protocols, which he has characterized as "the governor's autocratic control over our lives." He has become a leader of the Stop the Steal campaign, and claims that he spoke to Donald Trump at least fifteen times between the 2020 election and the insurrection at the Capitol, on January 6th.
Since Griswold's story was published, Mastriano has claimed to have Trump's endorsement for governor, along with a promise to campaign with him (though a Trump adviser has disputed this), while new evidence casts doubt on his claims of non-involvement in the Jan. 6 insurrection. On June 2, he was one of three Pennsylvania lawmakers who toured the Arizona election "audit," calling for the Keystone State to follow suit, the latest front in Trump's effort to delegitimize Biden's election.

He's a Trump Humper.
Maybe he just thinks elections should have some concrete rules and be honest.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the 1st Amendment and the last sentence of Article 6, clause 2. What am I saying, you commies don't give a shit about the Constitution. That said, just GFY.

From the link in the OP

He's a Trump Humper.
Maybe you shouldn't vote for him.

Prediction:

In 2022, the Democratic Party will declare Christians to be domestic terrorists and the worst threat the country faces.
Will that take over number one above white people and climate change?
Yup. Because white Democrats can't credibly deny they're white.

I mean, they'll try to, but nobody but morons will believe them.

Tristan put you up to this? You calling for the death of Christians skewsy?

Forum List

Back