This one chart destroys the myth

• Banned
I know this is going to be very harsh reality for many of you conservitives but truth is truth.

This chart shows who and when the best results in tax policy happened.

The CBO is above reproach.

The best results were under Clinton and the Dem congress back when he was first elected.

The results of the 1993 BRA voted into being without one single R vote is what gave us the surpluses of the 90s.

This is FACT.

Now do you care about you country first or your party first?

• Banned
I guess its the same old if you cant refute the truth ignore it?

• Banned
Come guys you can do it!

lets see the American spirit that seeks the truth.

Sure thing..... I guess the republicans that ran Congress for almost Clinton's entire terms just sat around and did nothing.

What happened to that claim just yesterday that Congress controls the purse strings? Ohh I remember now, when a Democrat is in control THEN it is true, when a Republican is in control, it isn't.

• Banned
Who is the CBO ?

The chart gives the results of the individual tax bills.

The one on this chart which performed best was the one written adn enacted by a totally Dem gov.

It was such a close vote that Gore had to vote to break the tie.

The Rs did all they could to stop this bill and NOT ONE VOTED FOR IT!

They as a matter of fact condemed it and used their predictions of its passage and the Horror to come as a platform to switch congress in the next election.

The result had no time to take effect before the election.

The results speak for themselfs.

The tax measure was the best success in years for controlling spending and creating tax revenues.

Results dont lie

Content never means anything to you, unless it supports your view. And I am just a little tired of your "claims" of victory if no one responds to your posts in what ever period of time you feel is appropriate.

The truth is I avoid, usually, reading your threads. But I read this one and just couldn't miss the opportunity to do to you what you have done to others.

In think you are losing it.

I was trying to get people to respond to this thread.

I could see people viewing it.

You can do that here you know.

I never claimed victory I only claimed no one ws responding to the Facts I had supplied.

Now would you like to step up to the plate and respond to the Facts supplied?

As I said where did I claim I had WON something?

Now are you ready to talk the facts I presented?

Ill bump this for RGS Im sure he will be back with some facts any minute now

http://tinyurl.com/ytv4v2

I just realised that link didnt work ,this one does

REVENUE EFFECTS OF MAJOR FEDERAL TAX LEGISLATION PASSED BETWEEN 1981 AND 1997, AS ESTIMATED AT THE TIME OF ENACTMENT (By fiscal year, as a percentage of projected gross national product at the time)

That is one whopper of a disclaimer.

"projected gdp", estimated, 81 and 97.

Not a slam dunk.

The historic GDP charts are much more compelling.

figure18.gif

the three flattened curve sections occur during the admins of Ford, Reagan and Bush 41

another look
20051018_us_gdp.gif

This chart pretty clearly shows a flat economy since the early 90's with the worst stretches occuring under Nixon, Ford Reagan and the best stretches occuring under Carter, and Ford.

There is no available stat more divining than Real GDP growth. It accounts for inflation and change yoy.

I know this is going to be very harsh reality for many of you conservitives but truth is truth.

This chart shows who and when the best results in tax policy happened.

The CBO is above reproach.

The best results were under Clinton and the Dem congress back when he was first elected.

The results of the 1993 BRA voted into being without one single R vote is what gave us the surpluses of the 90s.

This is FACT.

Now do you care about you country first or your party first?

Define "best results." I can guarantee you whatever you are defining "best results" as, has NOTHING to do with personal gain.

The result of the 1993 BRA was this nation on the threshhold of a recession in 2000.

Forum List

Back