This new feature of USMB is great....” Is this already being discussed?”

Yeah but the system no longer marks the threads you are participating in. I sent them a message but so far the problem is not fixed as of yet.

OK, I thought I was suffering from browser cache hell when the Delete Drafts icon disappeared. I'll take it to the more appropriate venue.
I thought I was having a Netscape flashback. :)

Though the bell in the top right doesn't show new threads with the traditional red number when a comment is made in a thread. At least for me. I have to click on it in order to see new posts.

Correct, and who wants to do that when you belong to several topics. I just like scrolling through the rooms I'm in and seeing that black eye icon they put next to the topic I'm in.

Well done....no sarcasm. Key words in the subject are bounced against existing threads.

WELL DONE USMB.

Though the bell in the top right doesn't show new threads with the traditional red number when a comment is made in a thread. At least for me. I have to click on it in order to see new posts.
It is still working on mine. However I don't have the ability to expand the thread to see what others are replying to nor can you click on a posters name and go to their post. There are some changes to how posts are displayed under the bell as well--I don't know that I care for the changes--was just getting familiar with the site and then they change it with no explanations.

Ironically, while I see there were extensive changes made, some of them no doubt good or fixed known problems,

1. It would have been nice to know this was coming, what it entailed and WHEN.
  2. The revised software fixed none of the BIG problems, such as the SPELL CHECKER never working right or the fact that still, if you look at your screen right now, can you tell what thread you are on, what section or zone you are in? Didn't think so.

I noticed a change. I don't get on much any more. I doubt it will do much to improve things...we have like 8 threads about every subject the Trump supporters are told to bitch about. :rolleyes:

Do you have my written permission to make these changes ... I didn't think so ... what's the point of having a World Emperor if nobody listens to me? ... thousands of years of warfare and y'all still don't respect me ... excuse me while I go sulk ...

Ironically, while I see there were extensive changes made, some of them no doubt good or fixed known problems,

1. It would have been nice to know this was coming, what it entailed and WHEN.
  2. The revised software fixed none of the BIG problems, such as the SPELL CHECKER never working right or the fact that still, if you look at your screen right now, can you tell what thread you are on, what section or zone you are in? Didn't think so.
Hey!!!...We got tear drops coming out of the laughy emoji. Just be grateful for that.......sheezzz

Forum List

Back