This mom wants you to know what measles did to her baby

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Alba, who was 11 months old at the time, had a fever that soared over 107 degrees Fahrenheit. Her eyes were swollen shut for days, and doctors had to give her medicine to prevent her from going blind. She couldn't eat or drink and had so much trouble breathing, doctors had to put her on oxygen.

And the doctors, since they'd never seen measles before, misdiagnosed her repeatedly, sending her home, where she became sicker and sicker.

And the doctors, since they'd never seen measles before, misdiagnosed her repeatedly, sending her home, where she became sicker and sicker.

After Alba left the hospital, her mother described her illness in a Facebook post.

"Get your children vaccinated," she wrote.

The inevitable backlash from anti-vaxers followed.

"They said I was a bad mother -- that if I had just breastfed longer, she wouldn't have gotten measles. They said the photos of Alba were fake, that I'd made her up. They said I was an actress and getting paid," Moss said. "Some of the comments have been absolutely disgusting, and they've come from other parents, other mamas."

----------------

Why are anti-vaxers and anti science working so hard to bring back disease?

I don't get it.

Alba, who was 11 months old at the time, had a fever that soared over 107 degrees Fahrenheit. Her eyes were swollen shut for days, and doctors had to give her medicine to prevent her from going blind. She couldn't eat or drink and had so much trouble breathing, doctors had to put her on oxygen.

After Alba left the hospital, her mother described her illness in a Facebook post.

"They said I was a bad mother -- that if I had just breastfed longer, she wouldn't have gotten measles. They said the photos of Alba were fake, that I'd made her up. They said I was an actress and getting paid," Moss said. "Some of the comments have been absolutely disgusting, and they've come from other parents, other mamas."

----------------

I don't get it.

You're coming along just great. I'll give your post an 8/10 because you didn't mention "right-wingers", "conservatives", "white nationalists", "home-schoolers", "Republicans", or "preppers." :biggrin:

----------------

I don't get it.

You are an idiot, your "precious" illegal immigrants are bringing it in.

----------------

I don't get it.
The anti-vaxxers are as stupid as the false flaggers. This is the kind of stupid that should be very very painful.

----------------

I don't get it.

They get shots when they come in, unlike the anti vaxers.

----------------

I don't get it.

Illegals dumb fuck, the ones who don't get caught. I detest stupid people like you.

----------------

I don't get it.

Illegal immigrants from where?

----------------

I don't get it.

Illegals dumb fuck, the ones who don't get caught. I detest stupid people like you.
Illegals from where? Make sure you don't let your rant get in the way of what countries actually to vaccinate even tho you may not like the people from there.

----------------

I don't get it.

Illegals from where? Make sure you don't let your rant get in the way of what countries actually to vaccinate even tho you may not like the people from there.

Stuff it pal. ALL third world countries vaccinate. I'll bet you also thought Barry was "vetting" all of those "migrants" from the Middle East.

----------------

I don't get it.

Oh how many don't get caught??

----------------

I don't get it.

Stuff it pal. ALL third world countries vaccinate. I'll bet you also thought Barry was "vetting" all of those "migrants" from the Middle East.

I'm sorry, I suspect you are having a bad day, a very bad day. Are you vaccinated?

----------------

I don't get it.

Same reason Ilhan Omar can say Jews are hypnotizing the world.
Same reason AOC can say the world will end in 12 years.
Same reason Jesse Smollett can run around saying Maga Hat people are wandering around Chicago at 2 AM attacking random black people.

Because there are just flat out stupid people. It's that simple. Stupid people are everywhere. That's all there is to it. Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Too young to be vaccinated. We aren't talking about the freaking Black Plague or an exotic genetic disorder. How is it possible that American medical school graduates aren't able to diagnose freaking measles.

----------------

I don't get it.
Anti-science and anti-vaxers. Hmmm... Perhaps you should ask Al Gore and Robert Kennedy Jr.

I predicted this crap back in 2007 after the Live Earth concert. They were the keynote speakers who got up on stage together spewing their scaremongering anti-science rhetoric, with dollar signs in their greedy beady little eyes.

I remember telling my kids that everything Al Gore and Kennedy Jr. were saying was bullshit. I actually saw it as an excellent teaching moment. I dug out the actual "scientific" papers from both Nature and the Lancet that they were blathering on about from the attic and quickly debunked them for my benefit of my kids.

And this was a couple of years before wikileaks disseminated the climategate emails which proved that Dr. Michael Mann's article was not merely shoddy science, it was actually fraudulent.

It was also several years before the Lancet retracted Dr. AJ Wakefield's fraudulent "scientific" paper linking the MMR vaccine to autism in children.

Of course, everybody here is likely familiar with Al Gore pushing junk science regarding CAGW, but what is less well known is that Robert Kennedy Jr. was a high dollar trial layer who represented the parents of children with autism against the manufacturers of the MMR vaccine.

First impressions mean a lot, and the first impression that millions of millennials got regarding these issues came directly from those two greedy dishonest scumbag Democrat politicians.

That is why we have millenials like AOC scared shitless that the end of the world is nigh. That's why we have millennials who think the MMR vaccine will give their kids autism.

They are victims of left wing "science".

----------------

I don't get it.

You're coming along just great. I'll give your post an 8/10 because you didn't mention "right-wingers", "conservatives", "white nationalists", "home-schoolers", "Republicans", or "preppers." :biggrin:
Cuz I knew you would. Those are the people who are anti science.

I think it really got going under Republican Fav Michelle Bachmann:

----------------

I don't get it.
Anti-science and anti-vaxers. Hmmm... Perhaps you should ask Al Gore and Robert Kennedy Jr.

I predicted this crap back in 2007 after the Live Earth concert. They were the keynote speakers who got up on stage together spewing their scaremongering anti-science rhetoric, with dollar signs in their greedy beady little eyes.

I remember telling my kids that everything Al Gore and Kennedy Jr. were saying was bullshit. I actually saw it as an excellent teaching moment. I dug out the actual "scientific" papers from both Nature and the Lancet that they were blathering on about from the attic and quickly debunked them for my benefit of my kids.

And this was a couple of years before wikileaks disseminated the climategate emails which proved that Dr. Michael Mann's article was not merely shoddy science, it was actually fraudulent.

It was also several years before the Lancet retracted Dr. AJ Wakefield's fraudulent "scientific" paper linking the MMR vaccine to autism in children.

Of course, everybody here is likely familiar with Al Gore pushing junk science regarding CAGW, but what is less well known is that Robert Kennedy Jr. was a high dollar trial layer who represented the parents of children with autism against the manufacturers of the MMR vaccine.

First impressions mean a lot, and the first impression that millions of millennials got regarding these issues came directly from those two greedy dishonest scumbag Democrat politicians.

That is why we have millenials like AOC scared shitless that the end of the world is nigh. That's why we have millennials who think the MMR vaccine will give their kids autism.

I know right? Where do people get these ideas?

One million species at risk of extinction, UN report warns

Can there even be that many species? How did 16 million individual animals even fit on an ark two thirds the size of the Titanic? That must mean they don't exist and never have. Only Republican science teaches the truth. We learned that from Donald Trump. The most honest man in the world.

Too young to be vaccinated. We aren't talking about the freaking Black Plague or an exotic genetic disorder. How is it possible that American medical school graduates aren't able to diagnose freaking measles.

If you had read the article, you would have readily seen that this was in London. More to the same point, however, is that if the city has seen 100's of cases since last fall in the city, it seems improbable that it would have been misdiagnosed a month ago.

----------------

I don't get it.

I know right? Where do people get these ideas?

One million species at risk of extinction, UN report warns

Can there even be that many species? How did 16 million individual animals even fit on an ark two thirds the size of the Titanic? That must mean they don't exist and never have. Only Republican science teaches the truth. We learned that from Donald Trump. The most honest man in the world.
Spoken like a true disillusioned former Christian.

Let me guess, you lost your faith when you were about 13 years old, correct?

If you had read the article, you would have readily seen that this was in London. More to the same point, however, is that if the city has seen 100's of cases since last fall in the city, it seems improbable that it would have been misdiagnosed a month ago.
What does it being in London have to do with anything. With the ignorant being able to link up on the Internet, they spread their ignorance. You think measles in London are less dangerous than measles here?

Measles outbreaks continue to grow in US, Europe

Forum List

Back