This Kitten is Driving Me CRAZY!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
He is now almost 3 months old. Paul sent me a planter for my birthday, I put it up high above on my computer stand. Well, ole' bratty kitty wants to climb on TOP of my computer, then on the tower, to the top of the computer stand to eat the plant!

He also likes to jump on top of the TV center and try to get into the doors that keeps the movies, etc. in them. He can OPEN the plastic doors I have (the kind that stores things) and get inside them.

Is this a demon kitty? :eek:

Sounds like a typical kitty to me. Do you have a couple corrugated cardboard scratching pads and a pot of grass for it to nom on?

Paul? Strange name for a cat.

Sounds like a typical kitty to me. Do you have a couple corrugated cardboard scratching pads and a pot of grass for it to nom on?

Yes, I have those scratching posts things. We also put out mini-Echo's old Barbie dollhouse, she likes to play in that, and climb on top of it play with the top of the ball on the scratching post! :lol:

I should get a pot of grass, that's a good idea!

PS-Kitten is sitting in my lap as I type this, that's the only way I can calm her down, she LOVES to sit in mommy's lap! :)

Tell that bitch to SHUT IT and mail her a copy of Win7.

Yes, I have those scratching posts things. We also put out mini-Echo's old Barbie dollhouse, she likes to play in that, and climb on top of it play with the top of the ball on the scratching post! :lol:

PS-Kitten is sitting in my lap as I type this, that's the only way I can calm her down, she LOVES to sit in mommy's lap! :)
When he's doing something you don't want him to do, distract him with a laser pointer. He will forget all about the unauthorized activity immediately, and focus solely on catching that "firefly."

Hours of good clean fun.

Don't forget the spray water bottle to correct undesirable behavior.

My cat would jump up on the desk, walk over the top of my hands on the keyboard and sit right down on my hands and look at me....pay attention to ME...

That's why dogs have masters and cats have staff.

I'll send you some cat nip if you think it will help.
(Tehehehehehehe).

For you EZ

Organic Cat Grass Seeds & Cat Grass Seed Kits

There's no need for that or any other punitive measure, no matter how harmless. It erodes trust the cat has in you. There's far better ways of communicating the "rules."

EZ....he sounds like, well, like a kitty!! I had to stop my hubby from bringing me flowers home because the cats would eat them. It's easier to just not have plants around. They can go outside if they just must eat grass. You do need to be careful, however, about what kind of plants your kitty eats on. There are many that are toxic to kittys. The spray bottle doesn't work for my kittys. They hold their face up to it and look at me like more more when I stop! I gots some really really weird furkids!

Hope all is well with you and yours this beautiful Wednesday!!

what an idiot...a water bottle of spray...at worst..i will jet puff them with computer air duster....not close up or anything....but i would never spray them with water..

but that is pretty much how kittens are...a basket of trouble...

Bones - does your kitty wear a collar? If not, put a collar on the kitty. Then tie a string to the collar and tie the other end of the string to a brick. Put the brick on the floor. Make the string about 4 foot long. Problem solved. See how bright I am???? Also, I did't know you had a birthday recently so because I missed it, I will sing to you now...

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday dear boney,
Happy Birthday to you.

Happy belated Birthday wishes. Good luck with the kitty.

There's no need for that or any other punitive measure, no matter how harmless. It erodes trust the cat has in you. There's far better ways of communicating the "rules."

Uh, no. This is a tried and true way to correct a cat's undesirable behavior. The key is to only do it when absolutely necessary. There are plenty of websites that explain how to do it properly. Let google be your guide.

:lol:

I personally have always thought Jonathan would be a strange name for a cat.

And you would correct people when they call the cat "Jon" or "Jonny" - "No. His name is Jonathan."

Last edited:

Uh, no. This is a tried and true way to correct a cat's undesirable behavior. The key is to only do it when absolutely necessary. There are plenty of websites that explain how to do it properly. Let google be your guide.

Lobotomy works.

Lobotomy works.

A bit extreme, but I guess if EZ is willing to have a lobotomy, she won't care about the cat's undesirable behavior.

Lobotomy works.

A bit extreme, but I guess if EZ is willing to have a lobotomy, she won't care about the cat's undesirable behavior.

Exactly.

Forum List

Back