This is why we have gun crime...democrats who let repeat gun offenders off with light sentences

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
We do not have gun crime because John and Jane Citizen own a gun for self defense and may even carry that gun in public....

We have gun crime in this country because democrat judges, politicians and prosecutors keep letting repeat.....violent, depraved gun criminals out of jail on Bond, and out of prison with short sentences.....

A case in point....

Sentence for shooting at a group of people and battering a cop? 4 years.

Four years. That’s the sentence given to a man accused of firing a handgun toward a group of people in the Near North neighborhood on June 9, 2018.

Trashawn Steele, 27, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon with a previous conviction and one count of aggravated battery to a police officer in a deal with prosecutors.

Judge Catherine Haberkorn sentenced Steele to two concurrent four-year terms.

Police arrested Steele at a River North gas station on July 5, 2018, after he was allegedly identified as the man who shot toward a people on the 900 block of North Cambridge about a month earlier.

Steele “became irate” as cops tried to place him into a transport van and said, “I ain’t going up in there. You have to shoot me!” He battered one officer, prosecutors said.

According to Illinois Department of Corrections records, Steele previously received a three-year sentence for battery to a police officer in 2014.

Steele received credit for 440 days spent in jail awaiting trial on the 2018 charges. The state will cut his sentence by 50% for good behavior, giving him an anticipated parole date of June 26 of next year.

As part of the plea deal, prosecutors agreed to drop eleven felonies, including multiple counts of aggravated discharge of a firearm, being a felon in possession of a handgun, and aggravated battery to police.

Under my plan, this guy would be in prison for life..........he would have been in prison for 30 years on the previous arrests......so this crime would never have happened...

Well duh.
1: Let violent criminals go
2: Make it harder for people to act in the own self0defense
This leads to increased dependency on the state - and what red-blooded American liberal doesn't want that?

Forum List

Back