This is Why I Eat Mushrooms and Broccoli Every Day

I grow and use my own broccoli sprouts.
Until just recently I did not know that broccoli Sprouts were something like 50 times better for you than full-grown broccoli ? ( pound for pound ) they have way more antioxidants.

I also heard that if you sprout your lentils a couple of days before cooking they have more antioxidants

I figured out how to cure kidney stones after eating psilocybin cubensis mushrooms.

Then I got stoned and forgot.

What's the best way to prepare mushrooms? Any good recipes?
garlic, shallots, wine, butter. I prefer grapeseed oil instead of the standard olive oil.

Its more important what type of mushrooms you use. Baby Bellas (as they are usually called) are the best ones to start out with. Cremini (sp?) are the ones you "graduate" to.

There used to be a steakhouse in Houston when I was young; I'd go to it at lunch over off of Westheimer. They served fork tender steaks with these wonderful sautéed mushrooms on top. I was friends with the chef who ran the kitchen and she would hook me up with just orders of mushrooms--no steak--for lunch. I worked in a neighborhood called Westchase which was like a mile away so for $7 I would get this fabulous lunch at this swanky restaurant.

What's the best way to prepare mushrooms? Any good recipes?
  • Sautee them with a little olive oil and basil (I also throw in onion slices, goes good with steak.)
  • Mix sliced mushrooms with spaghetti sauce
  • Pizza topping
  • Add them to alfredo sauce
The list is endless!

Maitake, Shiitake, Cordyceps, Reishi, Coriolus, Chaga, Turkey Tail, Phellinus linteus and Lion's Mane mushrooms have long been used in medicine and today they can help fight many cancers in many ways, but principally through the immune stimulating effect of beta-glucan.

As good or better

Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) – Green Tea

6-Gingerol – Ginger

β-Carotene – Carrot, Leafy Greens

Baicalein – Chinese Skullcap

Curcumin – Turmeric

Delphinidin – Blueberry, raspberrry

Flavonoids (Genistein) – Soy, red clover, coffee

Guggulsterone – Commiphora (myrrh tree)

Isothiocyanates – Cruciferous vegetables

Linalool – Mint

Lycopene – Grapefruit, tomato

Parthenolide – Feverfew

Perylill alcohol – Mint, cherry, lavender

Piperine – Black pepper

Platycodon saponin – Platycodon grandiflorum

Psoralidin – Psoralea corylilyfolia

Quercetin – Capers, onion

Resveratrol – Grapes, plums, berries

Salinomycin – Streptomyces albus

Silibinin – Milk Thistle

Ursolic acid – Thyme, basil, oregano

Vitamin D3 – Fish, egg yolk, beef, cod liver oil

Withaferin A – Withania somnifera (ashwaganda)

Some relevant reading

Targeting cancer stem cells with natural products.
Burnett J, Newman B, Sun D.Curr Drug Targets. 2012 Jul;13(8):1054-64. doi: 10.2174/138945012802009062.PMID: 22594473 Review.
See all similar articles
This list is impressive for developing an anti- cancer prophylaxis trajectory. Problematic will be delivery to specific tissues. For example, how many of these beta-glucans are cleaved in the stomach before reaching the bloodstream?

Developing this list's potentials should include alternate, less-expensive sources. Development should include what Germany knows about amounts of active constituents (in this regard, they're light-years ahead of America) from a source, as well as (sprouted forms [italics]) from an economic source.

Sprouted forms may not have the amount of the active constituent that more mature plant parts have: echinacea roots should not be harvested for at least four years.

Baicalein, from Scutellaria baicalensis, was from a species growing near Lake Baikal. Until a tranny has been genotyped and phenotyped for CYP, vetted for CYP deficiencies due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia, we would advise against ingesting baicalein, because it is an inhibitor of CYP2C9. The binding physics of baicalein happens at the same phenylalanine position that the rat poison, warfarin, also binds.

Weird coincidence, I'm looking at this thread and find a long lost notebook, which I decide to pick up. The only thing written in it is a recipe for mushroom gravy. How weird is that?

Since I've found it, might as well post it here for all to use. This seems like a perfect way to consume mushrooms, my question remains will high heat destroy, or otherwise degrade, beta-glucans?

-Add one carton sliced mushrooms to 1/4 c water and brown
-Add 1 diced onion and pepper. Can add poultry seasoning if desired.
-Add one carton of vegetable broth
-Add roughly 1 c of soy sauce
-Add corn starch to one c of water and mix. Add this to pan.
-Add 1 c milk

Until just recently I did not know that broccoli Sprouts were something like 50 times better for you than full-grown broccoli ? ( pound for pound ) they have way more antioxidants.

I also heard that if you sprout your lentils a couple of days before cooking they have more antioxidants
All sprouts are far more nutritious than the adult plan -- pound for pound. Broccoli has unique chemicals (sulforaphane) that are considered better cancer fighters than any drug we currently have. All cruciferous vegetables have this but broccoli is highest

Isothicyanates present in cruciferous vegetables are known to exhibit chemoprevention by various mechanisms. Presently, there is growing evidence that a phytochemical compound known as sulforaphane in these green leafy vegetables is found to be effective in preventing and treating various cancers such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, skin, urinary bladder and oral cancers. This component is naturally present in the broccoli sprouts, kale, cabbage, cauliflower and garden cress and is available as a commercial supplementary pill called Broccoli extract. Availability of many bioactive substances such as vitamins, polyphenols, sulfides, glucosinolates and antioxidants makes broccoli consumption important in daily diet regularly. Researchers have named it as “Green chemoprevention

Isothicyanates present in cruciferous vegetables are known to exhibit chemoprevention by various mechanisms. Presently, there is growing evidence that a phytochemical compound known as sulforaphane in these green leafy vegetables is found to be effective in preventing and treating various cancers such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, skin, urinary bladder and oral cancers. This component is naturally present in the broccoli sprouts, kale, cabbage, cauliflower and garden cress and is available as a commercial supplementary pill called Broccoli extract. Availability of many bioactive substances such as vitamins, polyphenols, sulfides, glucosinolates and antioxidants makes broccoli consumption important in daily diet regularly. Researchers have named it as “Green chemoprevention

Stop eating veggies. They aren’t good for you.

Stop eating veggies. They aren’t good for you.

To quote Dr. Paul Saladino: “I’ve got bad news for you: Kale doesn’t love you back.”

In this day and age, when veganism is (seemingly) booming, I have a somber word of warning: Vegetables want you dead. Little did you know that those green leaves in your smoothie are filled with poisons designed to make you sick.

I know, it sounds unbelievable. After all, even if you’re not a vegan, most people eat plants regularly. How could it be true that these foods are all poisonous?

Well, how else could they defend themselves? Sorry to burst your bubble, but plants do not want to be eaten. It just isn’t evolutionarily feasible. What’s to stop grazing herbivores from eating plants to extinction?

As it turns out, nearly all plants contain defense chemicals designed for just this purpose: avoiding extinction by making whatever chews on them sick.

Broccoli has sulforophane, and the high levels of oxalates in kale are plenty defense to keep would-be consumers at bay. These materials, which are often lauded as healthy for humans, are actually there to fight any would be predator.

medium.com

To quote Dr. Paul Saladino: “I’ve got bad news for you: Kale doesn’t love you back.”

In this day and age, when veganism is (seemingly) booming, I have a somber word of warning: Vegetables want you dead. Little did you know that those green leaves in your smoothie are filled with poisons designed to make you sick.

I know, it sounds unbelievable. After all, even if you’re not a vegan, most people eat plants regularly. How could it be true that these foods are all poisonous?

Well, how else could they defend themselves? Sorry to burst your bubble, but plants do not want to be eaten. It just isn’t evolutionarily feasible. What’s to stop grazing herbivores from eating plants to extinction?

As it turns out, nearly all plants contain defense chemicals designed for just this purpose: avoiding extinction by making whatever chews on them sick.

Broccoli has sulforophane, and the high levels of oxalates in kale are plenty defense to keep would-be consumers at bay. These materials, which are often lauded as healthy for humans, are actually there to fight any would be predator.

medium.com
Exactly.

Carnivore Diet Reviews

:omg:

Restricted foods include:

• Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, green beans, peppers, etc.
  • Fruits: apples, berries, bananas, kiwi, oranges, etc.
  • High-lactose dairy: milk, yogurt, soft cheese, etc.
  • Legumes: beans, lentils, etc.
  • Nuts and seeds: almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, etc.
  • Grains: rice, wheat, bread, quinoa, pasta, etc.
  • Alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, etc.
  • Sugars: table sugar, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc.
  • Beverages other than water: soda, coffee, tea, fruit juice, etc.

Forum List

Back