This is why capitalism is broken

Why wages instead of compensation?
How are you measuring inflation?

Real wages - Wikipedia

"The Economic Policy Institute stated wages have stagnated in the United States since the mid 1970s, failing to keep up with productivity.

"According to them, between 1973 and 2013, productivity grew 74.4% and hourly compensation grew 9.2%,[10] contradicting the neoclassical economic theory that those two should rise equally together.[11]

"However, the Heritage Foundation says these claims rest on misinterpreted economic statistics.

"According to them, productivity grew 100% between 1973 and 2012 while employee compensation, which accounts for worker benefits as well as wages, grew 77%.[12]

"The Economic Policy Institute and the Heritage Foundation used different inflation adjusting methods in their studies."

...we are not solving for actual economic phenomena in a market friendly manner. It really is that simple.
Sometimes markets aren't the most efficient economic coordination mechanism.
Awesome-Color-Photos-of-the-Attack-on-Pearl-Harbor-6.jpg

MR Online | The planning and politics of conversion: World War II lessons for a Green New Deal—Part 1

"This is the first in a series of posts that aim to describe and evaluate the World War II mobilization experience in the United States in order to illuminate some of the economic and political challenges we can expect to face as we work for a Green New Deal."

Why wages instead of compensation?

Real wages - Wikipedia

"The Economic Policy Institute stated wages have stagnated in the United States since the mid 1970s, failing to keep up with productivity.

"According to them, between 1973 and 2013, productivity grew 74.4% and hourly compensation grew 9.2%,[10] contradicting the neoclassical economic theory that those two should rise equally together.[11]

"However, the Heritage Foundation says these claims rest on misinterpreted economic statistics.

"According to them, productivity grew 100% between 1973 and 2012 while employee compensation, which accounts for worker benefits as well as wages, grew 77%.[12]

"The Economic Policy Institute and the Heritage Foundation used different inflation adjusting methods in their studies."

Take your pick.

This is something I totally agree with. If we ignore things like individual rights, many forms of organization are more efficient than freedom - slavery for example.

This is something I totally agree with. If we ignore things like individual rights, many forms of organization are more efficient than freedom - slavery for example.

East Germany was efficient as a mother fucker.

And their cars were awesome!!!

...we are not solving for actual economic phenomena in a market friendly manner. It really is that simple.
Awesome-Color-Photos-of-the-Attack-on-Pearl-Harbor-6.jpg

MR Online | The planning and politics of conversion: World War II lessons for a Green New Deal—Part 1

"This is the first in a series of posts that aim to describe and evaluate the World War II mobilization experience in the United States in order to illuminate some of the economic and political challenges we can expect to face as we work for a Green New Deal."
I agree to disagree. There is no provision for excuses in our federal doctrine and our welfare clause is General. Solutions merely need to promote the general welfare.

Slaves were sold in markets, remember?
Markets can be inefficient in a variety of ways:

types-market-failure.png

"Definition of Market Failure – This occurs when there is an inefficient allocation of resources in a free market. Market failure can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as monopoly (higher prices and less output), negative externalities (over-consumed and costs to third party) and public goods (usually not provided in a free market)

"Types of market failure..."

Market Failure - Economics Help

East Germany was efficient as a mother fucker.

And their cars were awesome!!!
Except it wasn't "EAST" Germany that was producing those cars.

It sure was........just look at the workmanship.

1608133050032.png

And only a 10 year waiting list!!!

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-2018/

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-2018/

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5%

I don't care about the CEOs of the 350 biggest corporations.

In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--

Don't tell Georgie.

And? Do you have a point?
Slave markets were highly efficient.
Do you believe such economic redistribution institutions fostered individual rights or freedom?
No.

You seem to be confused, or perhaps deliberately obfuscating. My point is that efficiency isn't the only, nor the most important, concern. I value free markets because of the freedom they imply. Their efficiency is secondary. Though you probably don't want to talk about that. Is efficiency so important to you that you would support slavery?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back