This is what gets me -- Do as we say, not as we do.

Feb 28, 2009
Understand, this is not a nitpick or a "gotcha" deal. It's not any kind of major deal. But it's a little irritating to me when we have all these things we really shouldn't be doing, like buying bottled water and sugared soda pop, and being 'green' and we see the leaders not leading by example.

I present to you dear readers, photos of the President and his cabinet, and ask: If it's good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for them?

And even more to the point: If they're going to preach this stuff and tax this stuff (they are) shouldn't someone among them with a brain cell say, "You know, let's start here. Let's do away with bottled water and sugared pop. Ya'll can drink out of glasses and get diet soda only. We should be leading by example."

Pictures:

szfjwo.jpg

xpa1kg.jpg

hu3oe1.jpg

I personally would take them a little more seriously if the OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE PHOTOS didn't have bottled water and sugared pop cans in them. But, that's just me.

What say you?

Last edited:
Hypocrites for sure. Even if they weren't such obvious hypocrites i still wouldn't support their agenda though. This is just more entertainment for me in the end. Thanks.

• Banned
Hypocrites for sure. Even if they weren't such obvious hypocrites i still wouldn't support their agenda though. This is just more entertainment for me in the end. Thanks.
I don't know whether to call it hypocrisy or just that they don't really care about their image.

I think it IS hypocrisy that environmental groups aren't raising a little hell over it though.

• Banned
So....

What other environmentally-conscious folks besides me are up for sending them a letter on this?

OMG! BOTTLED WATER!

That's worse than a BJ from an Intern!

IMPEACH THEM ALL!

Are you guys out of your fucking mind or what!?!?!?

IDIOTS!!!!!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

all mommy laws must first be tried out on the politicians who pass them. After a 4-10 year trial period they can revote and then put it to the rest of the nation.

Actually, I'd just prefer to tell them, sorry, unconstitutional. The federal government has no power to regulate diet, so fuck off and don't buy it.

• Banned
OMG! BOTTLED WATER!

IMPEACH THEM ALL!

IDIOTS!!!!!
As idiotic as putting a punishment tax on it, and taxing sugar too? Then, not leading by example?

OMG! BOTTLED WATER!

IMPEACH THEM ALL!

IDIOTS!!!!!
As idiotic as putting a punishment tax on it, and taxing sugar too? Then, not leading by example?

Taxing something doesn't mean that it's evil or that you shouldn't do it.

As long as they've paid their taxes on it, there's nothing wrong with it.

When the governement thinks that something is evil they make it illegal.

Geez, and to think that they allow people llike you to vote...no wonder this country has so many problems.

So GW Bush orders an invasion of a country, based on false information, that results in almost 1 millions deaths and that's O.K. with you...

But Obama drinks bottled water and your upset with him!?!?

Seriously, you are total fucking idiots, no two ways about it!

OMG! BOTTLED WATER!

IMPEACH THEM ALL!

IDIOTS!!!!!

Geez, and to think that they allow people llike you to vote...no wonder this country has so many problems.
They TAX it to get you to quit buying it, because they think it's bad for you or for the planet.

Yet here they are, contributing to ruining the planet themselves. Like it's too much to ask for them to eschew bottled water and sugared sodas?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So GW Bush orders an invasion of a country, based on false information, that results in almost 1 millions deaths and that's O.K. with you...

But Obama drinks bottled water and your upset with him!?!?

Seriously, you are total fucking idiots, no two ways about it!
Since you can't read, I'll repeat part of the first post for you.
Understand, this is not a nitpick or a "gotcha" deal. It's not any kind of major deal. But it's a little irritating to me when we have all these things we really shouldn't be doing, like buying bottled water and sugared soda pop, and being 'green' and we see the leaders not leading by example.
And the BOOOOOOOSH threads are thataway ------------------->

Or you can create another one.

THIS thread is about the current menstruation's total lack of leading by example on an environmental issue and on a health issue, and my complete right to hold their feet to the fire.

BOOOOOOOOSH was yesterday.

sigpic18621_3.gif

Fucking idiot.

They TAX it to get you to quit buying it, because they think it's bad for you or for the planet.

Yet here they are, contributing to ruining the planet themselves. Like it's too much to ask for them to eschew bottled water and sugared sodas?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You really believe that? Ha ha ha ha....

Uh, I got news for you:

The government taxes in order to raise revenue (that means 'money')

Do you think that the purpose income tax is to discourage people from making an income?

What are you twelve?

OMG!

The President uses multi-ply toilet paper!

What an extravagant waste of tax payers money!

The President should set an example and use the tea leaves left over from a TP rally.

That would be setting a good example!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was the original purpose. Now it's more of a social engineering tool.

These "sin taxes" never raise the revenue they are projected to do, yet the government still spends according to the projections. This adds more to the deficit.

If the goal really is strictly and only raising revenue, there wouldn't be any "sin taxes."

Imbecile.

You should be asking yourself why you're so upset that someone has a legitimate criticism of the President.

I voted FOR him, just FYI.

That was the original purpose. Now it's more of a social engineering tool.

These "sin taxes" never raise the revenue they are projected to do, yet the government still spends according to the projections. This adds more to the deficit.

If the goal really is strictly and only raising revenue, there wouldn't be any "sin taxes."

Imbecile.

You should be asking yourself why you're so upset that someone has a legitimate criticism of the President.

I voted FOR him, just FYI.

The term "sin taxes" is just a nickname, moron. It has no legal basis whatsoever.

Yes, the government does spend more than it collects, but as long as it collects, it's credit is good so it doesn't matter.

Besides, when it's the government that issue the dollars that are the currency standard for the entire world's economy, balancing the books doesn't matter...

Look, I realize that it's Friday night, but shouldn't you be in bed by now?

Forum List

Back