This is the only time

Of course the Kremlin will take every opportunity to speak poorly of the USA...that's how they keep their people in opposition to us...It works on lib commies there and obviously here too....
So is Russia saying they can't or won't protect the innocent?...are they a buffer zone or an attacking force?...
Either way our 50 or so troops could not have held back Turkey any longer...so Trump pulled them out of harms way....so do the war hawks in the democrat party and the 1950's mentality GOP members favor sending in thousands of American troops to fight Turkey?...if so speak up and say so...how about you bullwinkle?...do you want war with Turkey cold or hot to protect the Kurds?....

The United State's of America could not hold Turkey back any longer? The USA?? The USA is that weak under Trump?? Seriously??

What in the heck does Turkey have over Trump?

What in the heck does Putin have over Trump?

To make him such a weak weak weak weak weak President???

How ludicrous.

Turkey was being held back, until Trump caved, without advice or notice to all of his civil servant, administration and military advisors.... he and the USA will forever be a Betrayer... who the heck will ever trust and work with us again?

WHY do you continue to support these kind of reckless actions that puts us at a National Security risk? :dunno:

We could have gotten out, with the help of our advisors and friends, without getting the Kurds massacred...

I have ever agreed with a Russian government statement. And the only time I ever will.

Kremlin says U.S. betrayed Kurds in Syria, tells Kurds to withdraw or be mauled

Interesting. I've never agreed with the Rooskies' assessments of our military operations, despite your attempt to pin Putin fandom on me.

Perhaps your thinking is awry. :113:
I was thinking of you the other day when I was so angry at our betrayal of the Kurds, and you favored it. Do you remember all those years ago when I was so adamantly against invading Iraq. And how a few years later, still during 43, there was talk about withdrawing, and most Republicans said we couldn't do that because the insurgents would take over? At that time I argued that we should leave, because no matter how long we stayed, the insurgents would take over anyway so why does when we withdraw matter?
Now I am just as adamant that this withdrawal disgraces us. A complete reversal. I can only explain it as feeling ashamed that we broke our word, that people and their very lives depended on us and we walked away leaving them to enemies who hate them. Go figure!

Let me put it simply: The mission of our military is winning wars and protecting Americans, not nation building and being the world's police force.

armed-turkey.jpg

The Kurds are going down baby!

Let me put it simply: The mission of our military is winning wars and protecting Americans, not nation building and being the world's police force.

But the US needs to remain the world's police force.

After all, look what an amazing job they have done in the Middle East.

How ludicrous.

Turkey was being held back, until Trump caved, without advice or notice to all of his civil servant, administration and military advisors.... he and the USA will forever be a Betrayer... who the heck will ever trust and work with us again?

WHY do you continue to support these kind of reckless actions that puts us at a National Security risk? :dunno:

We could have gotten out, with the help of our advisors and friends, without getting the Kurds massacred...

You apparently have no knowledge of the actual situation there.

I have ever agreed with a Russian government statement. And the only time I ever will.

Kremlin says U.S. betrayed Kurds in Syria, tells Kurds to withdraw or be mauled

Interesting. I've never agreed with the Rooskies' assessments of our military operations, despite your attempt to pin Putin fandom on me.

Perhaps your thinking is awry. :113:
I was thinking of you the other day when I was so angry at our betrayal of the Kurds, and you favored it. Do you remember all those years ago when I was so adamantly against invading Iraq. And how a few years later, still during 43, there was talk about withdrawing, and most Republicans said we couldn't do that because the insurgents would take over? At that time I argued that we should leave, because no matter how long we stayed, the insurgents would take over anyway so why does when we withdraw matter?
Now I am just as adamant that this withdrawal disgraces us. A complete reversal. I can only explain it as feeling ashamed that we broke our word, that people and their very lives depended on us and we walked away leaving them to enemies who hate them. Go figure!

We didn't betray anyone. The Kurds were fighting ISIS incarnations before we entered Syria on Obama's order. We had no business inserting ourselves.

Trump campaigned in part on the plan to extract us from the eternal war in the ME. Those goobers have been warring against each other for centuries. It's not our fight.

As I've said before, democratization/nation building is a vanity project. They don't want it.

If it becomes necessary to stop an enemy that threatens us, then have at it. Skip all the silly rules of combat that merely advantage the enemy, destroy them and go home. Stop pussying around with their political machinations. That's a battle we won't win.

As I've said before, democratization/nation building is a vanity project. They don't want it.
I think we DID betray, but the point is moot now, isn't it. How do you suppose our allies see us now? Of course that point is moot now too. Nor do I agree that this new nationalism is a good thing.

And we are NOT extracted from the ME, nor will we be in the foreseeable future. Iran is emboldened now, there's the Saudi bases and Israel to consider. Going back to pre-WWI days of nationalism that didn't work isn't real smart either. This time when the mouse roars it wont be a comedy. We'll be re-furnishing the backyard shelters.

I think we DID betray, but the point is moot now, isn't it. How do you suppose our allies see us now? Of course that point is moot now too. Nor do I agree that this new nationalism is a good thing.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

Our allies have fallen short of late. Perhaps it's time for new allies.

Forum List

Back