'This is not going to end well': on CNN with Jim Acosta, Former Fox anchor Gretchen Carlson reacts to recent rhetoric

Reset buttons with Putin? What would be the point?

You'd have to ask the corrupt old sot who thought it was a good idea.

You seem like a modern Neville Chamberlain, appeaser kind of guy.

Like the Dems who thought Russia was groovy for 100 years after the revolution?
The US and the world learned better. You should have learned, but didn't. Appeasing the bear is a dangerous strategy, as it will only continue to eat, if allowed to forage and increase it's territory.

I like tucker carlson but if that is his position on russia vs ukraine then I respectfully disagree

we owe protection for ukraine and we need a strong show of force to deter russian aggression

whats missing are the germans who are refusing to stand with the rest of the free world
The Islamic Republic of Germany

Better than to give Russia reset buttons and be all flexible with Putin?
His actions require diplomacy, but little flexibility as long as he continues to work toward his end goals at the end of a gun tube.

Nice selective quoting. View attachment 593755

You quoted part of my post. The memorandum, signed in 1994, is not legally binding.

However you left out what followed.

I posted That agreement was not legally binding. However …

Then I followed up with a link that discussed the issue in depth and mentioned much of what you posted plus something I haven’t heard mentioned before. Ukraine was considering nuclear rearmament and 50% of the people in that nation were for it.

And that changes what, exactly? Now the Ukraine is supposed to do what Putin tells it to do now? Kerry and Biden are fine with the Mullahs having nukes, so why not Ukraine, too? AS for 'not legally binding', again so what? A deal is a deal; if you need a lawyer to do business with somebody, then you probably shouldn't do business with them at all. Putin never abided by any treaties.

I get it, though; most right wingers are only all badass n shit when they're pushing around powerless people, and would rather run from bullies than stand up to them. That's why it was always the old line liberals that saved our allies and stood up to the Japs and Hitlers and Kaisers of the world, along with stopping the Reds expansionism. The 'conservatives' just hid out on their estates behind private armies and sniveled and cried for the government to shoot down all those uppity proles for them when they collapsed entire economies and plundered their own people.

Last edited:
Longterm the Russian dictatorship is vulnerable to the chicom dictatorship

But if the US resists naked chinese military aggression over Taiwan putin will be strongly tempted to invade ukraine

or if Putin invades ukraine and ties up US military there Xi might strike against Taiwan

that was not true during the Cold War when we maintained enough forces to successfully fight on two fronts

now, its questionable and to do so will cost more American lives thanks to penny-pinching libs
All true you nailed it....

Tucker is an isolationist.

This is yet another of so many misused terms in the American lexicon, either purposefully or simply ignorantly.

If anything, he's a non-interventionist. And favoring diplomacy and free trade is hardly isolationism. In fact, it is the view of the founders.

In fact, the intellectually dishonest use of that language is itself topic worthy. "isolationism'' is an intellectually dishonest term that the war hawks and neo-cons who function from within both factions of the party-of-one have pulled out of their hats throughout modern history in order to coerce society into foreign intervention and useless quarrels.

And that's something I may well do. I think there needs to be a proper understanding of the difference with regard to isolationism versus non-intervention.

Last edited:
That agreement was not legally binding. However …

***snip***

The memorandum, signed in 1994, is not legally binding.

Nonetheless, it embeds and reaffirms the solemn assurances that are the hallmark of the international system. These include respect for state sovereignty, the inviolability of international borders and abstention from the threat or use of force.

Ukraine’s decision to give up nuclear weapons signaled its desire to be seen as a member in good standing of the international community, rather than an outlier.

The decision was not just symbolic. While Ukraine did not inherit a fully fledged nuclear capacity – Russia still held important parts of the nuclear infrastructure – Ukraine had the necessary technological and industrial ability to close the gaps.

Many in Ukraine feel that the country’s 1994 decision to give up its nuclear arms was a mistake.

Popular support for nuclear rearmament rose to a historic high of nearly 50% in the wake of Russia’s invasion in 2014. Since then, that view has been supported by some Ukrainian public figures.
…emphasis added

Perhaps Putin in worried that the Ukraine might reacquire nukes. As corrupt as the Ukraine is I would be worried if I was Putin too.

Yeah, why worry about doing the right thing when we can wiggle out on a technicality. And the only thing Putin is worried about is reconstituting the old Soviet Union.

Too bad you let some talking head, get you upset for 4 years. So Donny was a dipshit and accost asked question your and your hero didn't like. Big deal.

Damn, something else you're good at, revisionist history. Run along commie, you're boring the hell out of me.

Damn, something else you're good at, revisionist history. Run along commie, you're boring the hell out of me.

Don't respond, or do you lack the self-discipline as Donny?

OMG, fake news cnn has been reduced to "let's look at fox news, and let's get a disgruntled former fox news employee to walk us thru what's going on over at fox news".

Holy shit. Yeah, they've lost 90% of their viewership since President Trump left, but how did they even retain 10%? It's no wonder they're losing to reruns of Baywatch on channel 76.

Yeah, why worry about doing the right thing when we can wiggle out on a technicality. And the only thing Putin is worried about is reconstituting the old Soviet Union.

What do we get from Ukraine except corruption that makes crooked politicians and their families wealthy (Joe Biden and Hunter).

If we start fighting the Russians in the Ukraine how are we susposed to stop the Chinese from taking over Taiwan. Experts say we can not fight two major wars at the same time.

What do we get from Taiwan?

Taiwan’s outsized role in chipmaking has come under the spotlight as a global shortage of semiconductors forced several automakers to halt production.

Countries including the U.S. and Germany reached out to Taiwan to help alleviate bottlenecks in the production of chips. The shortage was a result of increased demand for electronicsduring the Covid-19 pandemic, and was exacerbated by former President Donald Trump’s trade war with China.

Taiwan dominates the foundry market, or the outsourcing of semiconductor manufacturing. Its contract manufacturers together accounted for more than 60% of total global foundry revenue last year, according to data by Taipei-based research firm TrendForce.

Much of Taiwan’s dominance can be attributed to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co or TSMC, the world’s largest foundry that counts major technology firms such as Apple, Qualcomm and Nvidia as its clients. TSMC accounted for 54% of total foundry revenue globally last year, TrendForce data showed.

And that changes what, exactly? Now the Ukraine is supposed to do what Putin tells it to do now? Kerry and Biden are fine with the Mullahs having nukes, so why not Ukraine, too? AS for 'not legally binding', again so what? A deal is a deal; if you need a lawyer to do business with somebody, then you probably shouldn't do business with them at all. Putin never abided by any treaties.

I get it, though; most right wingers are only all badass n shit when they're pushing around powerless people, and would rather run from bullies than stand up to them. That's why it was always the old line liberals that saved our allies and stood up to the Japs and Hitlers and Kaisers of the world, along with stopping the Reds expansionism. The 'conservatives' just hid out on their estates behind private armies and sniveled and cried for the government to shoot down all those uppity proles for them when they collapsed entire economies and plundered their own people.
Most right-wingers are tired of fighting wars in far off hell holes for little or no reason. We were happy with Trump as he kept us out of war. Now we have a corrupt President who looks forward to getting involved in a conflict that will make the military industrial complex big bucks. This bumbling fool, Joe Biden, will likely get us involved in a European conflict and then China will invade and take over Taiwan and Iran will attack Israel or Israel will attack Iran.

Biden will release the red horse of the apocalypse. As Obama warned, Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f**k things up.”{/i]

1643419036367.jpeg

What’s wrong with Ukraine developing nukes? Ukraine is one of the most corrupt nations on the face of this planet. Plus the more nations with nukes the more the chances of a nuclear war that will end our civilization increases.

What do we get from Ukraine except corruption that makes crooked politicians and their families wealthy (Joe Biden and Hunter).

If we start fighting the Russians in the Ukraine how are we susposed to stop the Chinese from taking over Taiwan. Experts say we can not fight two major wars at the same time.

What do we get from Taiwan?

Taiwan’s outsized role in chipmaking has come under the spotlight as a global shortage of semiconductors forced several automakers to halt production.

Countries including the U.S. and Germany reached out to Taiwan to help alleviate bottlenecks in the production of chips. The shortage was a result of increased demand for electronicsduring the Covid-19 pandemic, and was exacerbated by former President Donald Trump’s trade war with China.

Taiwan dominates the foundry market, or the outsourcing of semiconductor manufacturing. Its contract manufacturers together accounted for more than 60% of total global foundry revenue last year, according to data by Taipei-based research firm TrendForce.

Much of Taiwan’s dominance can be attributed to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co or TSMC, the world’s largest foundry that counts major technology firms such as Apple, Qualcomm and Nvidia as its clients. TSMC accounted for 54% of total foundry revenue globally last year, TrendForce data showed.

What doesn't help, in relation to Taiwan, is the US talking out of both sides of their mouth.
What Is the U.S. “One China” Policy, and Why Does it Matter?
The one China policy acknowledges China's sovereignty over Taiwan, yet the Taiwan Relations Act commits the US to defend a territory they concede falls within the authority of China. The US has made no such concession regarding Ukraine and has made commitments to the defense of their sovereignty.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back