This is not an anti-Pit Bull thread.

e809f-pit2bbulls2bare2bnot2bevil.jpg

Years ago when I owned a bunch of rentals properties, I got out of my car at one of my properties, only to see a large pit bull running straight at me. It was a beautiful dog. Big blue pit bull...blue eyed. Scared the shit out of me. However, it ran right passed me to a little boy who was standing behind me. It was excited to see the boy and was licking his face.

That dog was the friendliest dog I’ve ever come across.
My blue pit was the biggest baby you ever met, it's always the owner not the dog
Agreed. So, we need to hold the owners responsible. If their dog harms or kills someone, they need to face serious consequences.

But personally, I really don't like these dogs, and I certainly don't think people
should have them around small children. But to each their own.

I largely agree. My dogs are far better behaved than most kids I see in public. I’ll keep the dogs and you can keep your kids out of my yard.
..they are better behaved than a lot of adults

The Pitbull Terrier has been around a long time and is known to be good around children. The breed got a bad name because of shitty humans and gangbangers who trained many to fight in illegal dog fights.
Ceasar Milan uses his Pitbull as a primary trainer for other dogs.
3e0171f9dd12f6cce87b238ae638783d.jpg
I will defer any other fear mongering to the Dog Whisperer.

Years ago when I owned a bunch of rentals properties, I got out of my car at one of my properties, only to see a large pit bull running straight at me. It was a beautiful dog. Big blue pit bull...blue eyed. Scared the shit out of me. However, it ran right passed me to a little boy who was standing behind me. It was excited to see the boy and was licking his face.

That dog was the friendliest dog I’ve ever come across.
My blue pit was the biggest baby you ever met, it's always the owner not the dog
Agreed. So, we need to hold the owners responsible. If their dog harms or kills someone, they need to face serious consequences.
They have jail time for fighting them

had a few pits on my mail route that looked menacing but they were ok.....never came at me didnt even bark.....other breeds were worse...
Only dog that ever bit me, was when I delivered papers as a kid. Dog weighed like 6 pounds, damn little yip yap and got punted across the yard for being stupid. Then the dog was impounded until it was cleared.

Pit Bulls are bred to be aggressive
Timid dogs do not get to breed and are often put down.

You have one, you get what you deserve

Never get a dog like a pit bull if you don't know what you are doing. If you aren't the alpha, the dog is the alpha.

I always wonder why, if Pit Bulls are such great, loving, obedient dogs that owners feel compelled to defend and tell us all what a good dog they are. Are they used in the military? Police departments? Search and rescue dogs? Nope, nope, nope, and nope.

I was "raised" by an Honorably Discharged German Shepherd after WW-II. I worked at a facility that trained guard and attack dogs decades ago. They would not train Pits. I have owned and trained certified search and rescue dogs and cadaver dogs. None use Pits.

I have a simple question for those who want to own a Pit. Would you buy a car that you knew had a five to ten times the number of engine, transmission, or whatever problems or the one, all things being equal, with a reputation of NOT having those problems?

Why intentionally take the risk with your family and loved ones simply for shock value?

dog-attack-statistics-X2-X2.jpg

A German Shepherd wouldn't do this.
View attachment 371954
Wanna bet?
Tons of stories just like it.
Need more? learn to Google.

You lied anyway, this is definitely an anti Pitbull thread you attempted. But we ain't buying that shit... :eusa_hand:

Are they used in the military? Police departments? Search and rescue dogs? Nope, nope, nope, and nope.
Wrong, wrong and wrong...

Need more? Learn to Google.
They are used in a variety of departments nationwide. Spare us the fear mongering. :eusa_hand:

Are they used in the military? Police departments? Search and rescue dogs? Nope, nope, nope, and nope.

They are used in a variety of departments nationwide. Spare us the fear mongering. :eusa_hand:

A handful. Thank you for helping prove my point.

A handful. Thank you for helping prove my point.
Bullshit. Just a small sample of many.
Educate yourself, not my job.

Only thing you proved is you shouldn't own one.

Forum List

Back