This Is My Body

So? You’re entitled to your beliefs too. You have a nasty bias against religious belief. I’m not especially religious myself. But just because you think a belief is “crazy” doesn’t make it so.
A cracker and wine turning into flesh and blood is pretty crazy.

So, just so I get this correctly as I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't mean for us to turn into cannibals,.. what He meant by having us "eat" His body and "drink" His blood is for us to have His spirit inside of us right? Or is there more to it than that?
There's more to it.

Alright, in your own words what would you say it is then?
The actual body and blood of Jesus Christ. The Paschal Mystery of Jesus.

“What we believe is not the same as what we see. One thing we see (bread and wine), and another we believe (Body and Blood of our Lord).

It's how one experiences the suffering of Jesus in a real way. It's important to remember that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death for us. If God is on our side who can be against us.

The actual body and blood of Jesus Christ. The Paschal Mystery of Jesus.

“What we believe is not the same as what we see. One thing we see (bread and wine), and another we believe (Body and Blood of our Lord).

It's how one experiences the suffering of Jesus in a real way. It's important to remember that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death for us. If God is on our side who can be against us.
Just to be clear, you are saying it is literally the body and blood of Jesus, correct? It's interesting how you add the superfluous last paragraph. It adds nothing as far as a direct answer to the question.

Just to be clear, you are saying it is literally the body and blood of Jesus, correct? It's interesting how you add the superfluous last paragraph. It adds nothing as far as a direct answer to the question.
How could I have been more clear?

Experiencing the suffering of Jesus in a real way is far from superfluous. It's the point of celebrating the last supper. Tremendously powerful. Hence if God is with us who can be against us.

How could I have been more clear?

Experiencing the suffering of Jesus in a real way is far from superfluous. It's the point of celebrating the last supper. Tremendously powerful. Hence if God is with us who can be against us.
All well and good, but nothing to do with whether it is literally flesh and blood.

He meant by having us "eat" His body and "drink" His blood is for us to have His spirit inside of us right? Or is there more to it than that?

Right, and there is more than that.

The Body of Christ, (the body of his teaching) is made entirely of the words that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven which became his flesh, his teaching, a new metaphor for divine instruction.. (words that are both spirit and life) John 6:63

This is the only way that Jesus can be in you and with you, if the body of his teaching from God is in you then he is in you and you are in him as he is in and with God and God is in and with him, united by one teaching, one truth, one light, and one way to follow the law that leads to eternal life.

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be perfectly one, that the world may know that You have sent Me,"

To eat the body of Christ is to receive the teaching of Jesus, revealed to him by God, about the figurative nature of the words in the law and hidden subjects. To drink his blood is to do it.

Last edited:
All well and good, but nothing to do with whether it is literally flesh and blood.
Jesus held up bread and then a cup of wine. He said, "This is my body; eat. This is my blood; drink." We believe; we have faith. That is enough for us. For those for whom it is not enough, no problem. There were those in Jesus day who did not follow, and it didn't appear Jesus was disturbed by this. Therefore, I doubt he will be today.

Right, and there is more than that.

The Body of Christ, (the body of his teaching) is made entirely of the words that Jesus received from God like manna from heaven which became his flesh, his teaching, a new metaphor for divine instruction.. John 6:63

This is the only way that Jesus can be in you and with you, if the body of his teaching from God is in you then he is in you and you are in him as he is in and with God and God is in and with him, united by one teaching, one truth, one light, and one way to follow the law that leads to eternal life.

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be perfectly one, that the world may know that You have sent Me,"

To eat the body of Christ is to receive the teaching of Jesus, revealed to him by God, about the figurative nature of the words in the law and hidden subjects. To drink his blood is to do it.
It's based on more than that. Paul admonished the early Christians that they weren't eating bread and drinking wine. When confronted by Jews that he couldn't mean it was really his flesh and blood he stood firm and used even stronger language that it literally was his flesh and blood. The entire NT is based upon Jesus being the Paschal Lamb whose body and blood were sacrificed for the sin of man.

Well that's just nuts. It is, or it isn't. What you believe has nothing to do with it.
You've never tested it, so you can't say. I have, so I can. That's the power of faith manifested.

From a scientific view everything is made manifest by mind. George Wald said, "The physical world is entirely abstract and without ‘actuality’ apart from its linkage to consciousness. It is primarily physicists who have expressed most clearly and forthrightly this pervasive relationship between mind and matter, and indeed at times the primacy of mind." Arthur Eddington wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff. The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time." Von Weizsacker stated what he called his “Identity Hypothesis; that consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality. In 1952 Wolfgang Pauli said, "the only acceptable point of view appears to be the one that recognizes both sides of reality -- the quantitative and the qualitative, the physical and the psychical -- as compatible with each other, and can embrace them simultaneously . . . It would be most satisfactory of all if physis and psyche (i.e., matter and mind) could be seen as complementary aspects of the same reality.”

So no... it isn't just nuts.

It's based on more than that. Paul admonished the early Christians that they weren't eating bread and drinking wine. When confronted by Jews that he couldn't mean it was really his flesh and blood he stood firm and used even stronger language that it literally was his flesh and blood. The entire NT is based upon Jesus being the Paschal Lamb whose body and blood were sacrificed for the sin of man.

Paul also clearly stated that, "He who eats and drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."

You dick around with a matzo made by human hands.

Obviously you have your reward already!

Paul also clearly stated that, "He who eats and drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself."

You dick around with a matzo made by human hands.

Obviously you have your reward already!
You are taking Paul completely and blatantly out of context. There is zero doubt that Paul believed that the host is the physical presence of the body and blood of Christ. Zero doubt.

You are taking Paul completely and blatantly out of context. There is zero doubt that Paul believed that the host is the physical presence of the body and blood of Christ. Zero doubt.

That's fine. lol....Take what Paul said out of the context of Judaism, disregard what Jesus taught and the disciples believed and screw the entire Torah which precludes the possibility that God can be handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food. Right. I get it. Zero doubt. You are a believer :hands:

You are satisfied by the garbage thrown in the trash by more highly advanced intelligences like a rat or scavenger that fell into a smoldering refuse dump in the ground imagining that you have been blessed by God and found paradise. Dream on rat boy. Enjoy the abundance of Gehenna!

I am very happy for you.

Last edited:
So, just so I get this correctly as I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't mean for us to turn into cannibals,.. what He meant by having us "eat" His body and "drink" His blood is for us to have His spirit inside of us right? Or is there more to it than that?

Yep... that is the Christian interpretation... of course the Catholics got kinda wiggy with it with transubstantiation but... that is my personal opinion

That's fine. lol....Take what Paul said out of the context of Judaism, disregard what Jesus taught and the disciples believed and screw the entire Torah which precludes the possibility that God can be handed out and eaten like a cheap snack food. Right. I get it. Zero doubt. You are a believer :hands:

You are satisfied by the garbage thrown in the trash by more highly advanced intelligences like a rat or scavenger that fell into a smoldering refuse dump in the ground imagining that you have been blessed by God and found paradise. Dream on rat boy. Enjoy the abundance of Gehenna!

I am very happy for you.
Paul could not have been more clear in his belief that the host is not bread and wine but instead is the body and blood of Christ.

The entire NT is about Jesus being the Paschal Lamb that is sacrificed. Not sure how you could have missed it.

Forum List

Back