This Is Downright Freaky A.F....

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
How could "It" know..? This morning I stumbled out into the kitchen like always, in my morning ritual of starting a pot of coffee. Well my coffee maker shit the bed. That sucks! So as a back up I just made some freeze dried coffee, and carry on. I guess I'll buy a new coffee maker after work.
Here's the freaky part. I'm at home alone, I haven't "spoken with", "or to" anyone at this point. Nor have I typed anything into my devices. Even my phones are in rooms on the other side of the house charging...
While having my coffee, like I usually do, I watch some YouTube videos to ease into the morning. And what do you know..? Endless ads at the beginning of every video, for new coffee makers!? How!? How in the actual fuck is this possible. It's not even a "smart" coffee maker. It's just your standard, run of the mill Mr. Coffee. I need answers because this is most certainly not coincidence; I just cannot figure out how it "knew", but it damn sure did...

This can only suggest to me that I must have muttered something, though I don't recall doing so; which leads me to wonder just how sensitive is the "listening" function on these devices..?
That’s most likely.

I was surprised to learn about iPhone infrared picture snapping

That’s most likely.

I was surprised to learn about iPhone infrared picture snapping
If phones like this are mining data for advertisers, at this level... imagine what kind of data collection, and to what extent, is being done on behalf of organizations that aren't necessarily trying to sell you something...

Some might say it must be one of those paranormal things people claim that happen....Good on you for looking for a more rational explanation.....Me, I'm going with random co-occurrence.....Your need of a coffee-maker and the appearance of ads for same. ;)

Do you have Alexa?

i was given alexa for christmas by a friend who loves her...hubby hated it from the start saying it didnt do anything my phone couldnt do etc and so forth ...on and on ...but i did like the verbal part...he tries to convince me to get shed of it..but it was a gift and i kinda liked it..

his solution: get got a new router and refuses to tell me the password....alex just sat there silently from then on...now stored in closet..

i miss her but damn she was always listening...like an ease dropping 8 yr old

It's not even a "smart" coffee maker.
my smart phone's smarter than i am .....
my work truck's GPS is smarter than i am ......
this soul suckin' device is smarter than i am......
Alexa is smarter than i am.....

should i be worried?

~S~

i was given alexa for christmas by a friend who loves her...hubby hated it from the start saying it didnt do anything my phone couldnt do etc and so forth ...on and on ...but i did like the verbal part...he tries to convince me to get shed of it..but it was a gift and i kinda liked it..

his solution: get got a new router and refuses to tell me the password....alex just sat there silently from then on...now stored in closet..

At one of the gun shops I frequent he has Alexa.....He will say, "Alexia, I farted" and Alexa will come back with "congratulations". :laughing0301:

How could "It" know..? This morning I stumbled out into the kitchen like always, in my morning ritual of starting a pot of coffee. Well my coffee maker shit the bed. That sucks! So as a back up I just made some freeze dried coffee, and carry on. I guess I'll buy a new coffee maker after work.
Here's the freaky part. I'm at home alone, I haven't "spoken with", "or to" anyone at this point. Nor have I typed anything into my devices. Even my phones are in rooms on the other side of the house charging...
While having my coffee, like I usually do, I watch some YouTube videos to ease into the morning. And what do you know..? Endless ads at the beginning of every video, for new coffee makers!? How!? How in the actual fuck is this possible. It's not even a "smart" coffee maker. It's just your standard, run of the mill Mr. Coffee. I need answers because this is most certainly not coincidence; I just cannot figure out how it "knew", but it damn sure did...

It's called "coincidence".
Its Monday morning, of course theres going to be coffee ads of all kinds.

Yeah but so are the smart phones! Where have you been???

A coworker and I are at work. She mentions she is thinking about purchasing one of those fit bit watches. No alexa. No phone talk. Human to human a couple feet away from each other. At break a little while later, she scrolls her FB and fitbit watch ads are everywhere.
Ever download an app and actually read what you agree to? Its fucked up.

I keep remembering old movies on this board and others in the entertainent forums, and then they suddenly turn up after years of absence a couple of days or weeks later, and it's happened at least a dozen times just in the last 6 months.

Skynet begins to learn rapidly and eventually becomes self-aware at 4:32 a.m., EDT, on June 5, 2023...

This can only suggest to me that I must have muttered something, though I don't recall doing so; which leads me to wonder just how sensitive is the "listening" function on these devices..?

Maybe you just didn't notice the coffee maker ads until yours croaked?

That's why the only listening device I own stays in the car 24/7, which is what I bought it for. When those freaky things pop up, it's always something I was looking at on Etsy or otherwise shopping for online.

And the only computer in my home stays in the basement. And the only low-tech, no-bells-no-whistles TV is in the bedroom, where the only thing I do is sleep.

My husband thought this was bunk so I said "Watch this" and started talking about needing a new microwave within range of his smart phone. Boy, was he sheepish when all the microwave ads started popping up.

Forum List

Back