This is beyond ridiculous

Yanno..........blessings are pretty much non denominational...........ALL religions have some form of blessing.

Shoot...........it can even be used in secular society. That teacher was way outta line.

I'd be fighting this teacher (and the school) tooth and nail!!!
Well...it's been getting pretty bad since prayer was taken out of the school....and it's not going to get better. I'm surprised most schools still let the kids have the prayer at the flagpole once a year!

He does not seem to know that when you sneeze and say bless you, now days, it's means , I hope you are not coming down with something.
He does not have the right to push his ideology on to others.

Me personally? I'm not overly fond of allowing religion into schools, because nowadays, almost every town in the US has several different religions, and it would be difficult to accomodate them all.

However.........saying "bless you" is non-denominational, as well as can be used secularly.

The evil little twerp in me says if I were in his class, I would add God to the blessing just to piss him off. :evil:

Immie

Listen. You idiots live in a Nazi M-pyre..........Do NOT confuse that with Liberalism.
The country is a fucked up piece of shit that YOU voted for.
Go eat your Kelloggs corn Flakes ( genetically modified) Don't forget the hormone and antibiotic laced milk and bleached sugar.

Wow ...

This is the kind of story I'd like to hear a follow-up for after the dust has settled. Wonder what this teacher's future is in his school district.

Fox tried to turn it into a religious discrimination in the classroom story, but failed miserably. The teacher is clearly just a hard ass who doesn't like it when his class is disrupted for any reason. Not saying I agree with him, just saying that this story isn't really worthy of news.

Teacher is docking kids grades for saying bless you to another student that sneezes. You can have your own believes and you can do another thing but to mess with a kids grades because you dont like it wrong!

Teacher Bans Students From Saying 'Bless You' - Fox News Video - Fox News

What do you expect from a Fox News story?

What's your question?

Do you need to read about it from another network? Here, try the ABC affiliate.

Teacher penalizes students for saying "bless you" | abc30.com

After parents complained about students losing points for saying "bless you", Cuckovich says he decided to stop the practice.

However, the teacher says he will just find another way to discipline students for saying "bless you" in class.

The teacher is historically accurate about the practice of saying, "God Bless You" after someone sneezes.

This is an unskillful action he took. Children should not be punished for doing what their parents taught them.

Teacher is docking kids grades for saying bless you to another student that sneezes. You can have your own believes and you can do another thing but to mess with a kids grades because you dont like it wrong!

Teacher Bans Students From Saying 'Bless You' - Fox News Video - Fox News

What do you expect from a Fox News story?

What's your question?

Do you need to read about it from another network? Here, try the ABC affiliate.

Teacher penalizes students for saying "bless you" | abc30.com

After parents complained about students losing points for saying "bless you", Cuckovich says he decided to stop the practice.

However, the teacher says he will just find another way to discipline students for saying "bless you" in class.

Fox co-creates the 'culture war' and fans it's flames.

Im going to surprise you all.... I side with the teacher on this one :eek:

The teacher is trying to cut down on the interruptions of a kid saying "bless you" out loud in class.
Im almost positive it would be the same for "gadzuntight" as well

I mean c'mon folks.... there are plenty of other things to be up in arms about.

Teachers need to quit being so rigidly against religion that they overlook common courtesy.
The teacher claims that the reason he did it is because it is disruptive to class.

How common courtesy is disruptive, is beyond me. If he can't concentrate on presenting his material because of an occasional and audible "Bless you" from a student, then he should reconsider professions. And, an occasional and audible "Bless you" from a student during an exam is not going to cause a student to fail that exam. I've been in public schools and even in a classroom during an exam, there are constant audible noises.

So, I find little credibility to his 'disruptive' claim. Maybe he just wants attention?

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous, too.

The teacher is trying to cut down on the interruptions of a kid saying "bless you" out loud in class.

The sneeze itself would have been more disruptive than someone saying "bless you".

The sneeze itself would have been more disruptive than someone saying "bless you".
Exactly.

How do we know it was just the occasional "bless you," and not becoming one of those stupid games I remember playing in high school just to piss the teacher off? High school kids are little punks, and these ones were probably being disruptive with the whole bless you thing because they saw that it pissed the teacher off. Don't you remember being in high school? I remember that as soon as we discovered the teacher would overreact to anything, we would repeat the offending behavior as often as possible. We were little bastards, and these kids are probably no different.

New Topics

Forum List

Back