This is actual common sense gun control….that actually targets criminals, and not normal gun owners.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is a great idea……increase the penalties for someone who steals a gun…the guy at Extranosalley suggests 5 years per gun no parole….perfect….I completely support this idea….steal 3 guns, 15 years no parole…..see how soon thugs stop stealing or spend more time in the clink…

There Is A Bill That Needs An Urgent Push | Extrano's Alley, more than a gun blog

he Dover, New Hampshire Democrat reports two New Hampshire lawmakers want to increase the penalty for the theft of a firearm.

Given that stolen guns enable some 360,000 gun related crimes a year, the usual “petty larceny” penalties for stealing a collection is woefully inadequate. My personal suggestion is five years per gun, with no probation or parole, ever. If someone steals three guns fifteen years is a moderate penalty compared to the potential lifetime criminal misuse of a gun will sentence a law abiding citizen to.

To the linked news story…..

N.H. bill would up punishment for stealing guns in burglary

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Two New Hampshire lawmakers are co-sponsoring a bill that makes the theft of a gun during a burglary a more serious crime with more jail time.The bill from Republican Al Baldasaro of Londonderry and Democrat Katherine Rogers of Concord would add "theft of a gun" to a list of crimes considered the worst of burglaries.It raises the punishment from a Class B felony to a Class A felony, which means convicts face an additional 20 years in jail for the theft. They say the approach is consistent with other New Hampshire laws that carry stiffer penalties for crimes committed when a gun is involved.The bill will be heard by the House Criminal Justice Committee on at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Legislative Office Building.

How much do you want to bet anti gunners will fight this…..?

This is a great idea……increase the penalties for someone who steals a gun…the guy at Extranosalley suggests 5 years per gun no parole….perfect….I completely support this idea….steal 3 guns, 15 years no parole…..see how soon thugs stop stealing or spend more time in the clink…

There Is A Bill That Needs An Urgent Push | Extrano's Alley, more than a gun blog

he Dover, New Hampshire Democrat reports two New Hampshire lawmakers want to increase the penalty for the theft of a firearm.

Given that stolen guns enable some 360,000 gun related crimes a year, the usual “petty larceny” penalties for stealing a collection is woefully inadequate. My personal suggestion is five years per gun, with no probation or parole, ever. If someone steals three guns fifteen years is a moderate penalty compared to the potential lifetime criminal misuse of a gun will sentence a law abiding citizen to.

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Two New Hampshire lawmakers are co-sponsoring a bill that makes the theft of a gun during a burglary a more serious crime with more jail time.The bill from Republican Al Baldasaro of Londonderry and Democrat Katherine Rogers of Concord would add "theft of a gun" to a list of crimes considered the worst of burglaries.It raises the punishment from a Class B felony to a Class A felony, which means convicts face an additional 20 years in jail for the theft. They say the approach is consistent with other New Hampshire laws that carry stiffer penalties for crimes committed when a gun is involved.The bill will be heard by the House Criminal Justice Committee on at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Legislative Office Building.

I got a better one

You sell a gun to a criminal...YOU get 5 years no parole for each gun you sell

I got a better one

How does the seller know what future crime the buyer will commit?

This idea is racist. It would disproportionately affect blacks.

I got a better one

If he was a choir boy when you sold the gun, you get off scott free

If he was a convicted criminal and you sell him a gun, you should go to jail

Agree?

I got a better one

Agree?

No, you shouldn't…..you are not a cop, and guns are a legal product. Arrest the guy who bought the gun illegally, he is the criminal.

I got a better one

Dumb idea. Why is it you guys always focus on the normal, law abiding gun owner…..that is your whole focus….you really hate them don't you?

As long as you agree to pony up the money in taxes required to incarcerate those people in your area since our prison system is already overcrowded. Sound like a deal?

Sure……pack them into cells…….since they are likely going to commit murder in the future you will be saving lives.

As long as you agree to pony up the money in taxes required to incarcerate those people in your area since our prison system is already overcrowded. Sound like a deal?

It is cheaper to keep them in jail than to have them creating carnage outside.

Actually it is more expensive in the long run. You do realize how much it costs to keep a person incarcerated don't you?

No need to do that; just release the nonviolent drug offenders and you will free up about 20% of jail cells nationwide.

No need to do that; just release the nonviolent drug offenders and you will free up about 20% of jail cells nationwide.

I have no problem with that, however, the right has a big problem with drugs and wants even MORE prison time for drug offenders.

I got a better one

Agree?

that is already the law

that won't prevent anything. sentences are a specific deterrant...not a general deterrant.

I have a better idea... don't give guns to spouse and child abusers and people convicted of violent crime....or people who are crazies.

gee...how do you keep that from happening? better gun registration and keeping people like you from buying/selling guns privately

I got a better one

Agree?

that is already the law

if you sell a gun to someone privately and they commit a crime I have never heard of a law suit finding liability against the seller.

but do tell.

Forum List

Back