This Is A Program I Won't Be Watching

Oh and I forgot that I was going to bring this point up too. Sometimes roles that nobody has place a specific race and looks upon,.. it can be more flexible to cast different people than you expected. I'm speaking of course of the 1997 version of Cinderella with Brandy in it as to this day it's still my favorite adaptation of it. :)

What about Family Matters and The Cosby Show? I still like watching them. :)

My daughter loved that version of Cinderella. She asked for the Brandy Barbie for her birthday. :)

My daughter loved that version of Cinderella. She asked for the Brandy Barbie for her birthday. :)

Lucky! I was just a little kid back then and I didn't even know they made Brandy Barbie dolls. You reminded me about this movie though, as I always wished they made Eve Barbie dolls. And yes I still own this movie lol :D (I even still want an Eve Barbie doll even though I don't play with dolls anymore. XD)

I looked up the book, Without Remorse --- the cover shows a black man! That cannot possibly be in the book -- all his characters were white, IIRC. It would be like turning Reacher black (they already made him short in the movie --- a 5'4" Jack Reacher?? Darn.)

This has been a good topic for me, as it has been confusing seeing all this blackness in movies and new books and series, WAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion to anything realistic. And you'd think nobody white ever hooked up sexually with another white person, to watch all these, but I'd say it would be pretty foolish for a white man or woman to get into all that. I'm pleased to see many of you have simply rejected this as blatant propaganda, and I am going to also. Anything with too many blacks, pushing miscegenation, mis-casting implausibly ---- off it goes. Good. Clears that up.

I don't mind a movie with blacks if it is relevant and important to the point and plausible --- the best recent one was the horror Get Out. Excellent!! I think I'll see it for the fourth time soon. I don't like the first scenes, of course, so I just skip those and get on into the horror part. Now THAT was an interesting take on slavery. I recommend it.
Domingo "Ding" Chavez was a major Clancy character and he was Latino as were a number of characters in Clear and Present Danger. One of the characters in Hunt for Red October was a Black submariner. The sonarman (pretty important character) on Dallas in Hunt for Red October was black.

Oh and I forgot that I was going to bring this point up too. Sometimes roles that nobody has place a specific race and looks upon,.. it can be more flexible to cast different people than you expected. I'm speaking of course of the 1997 version of Cinderella with Brandy in it as to this day it's still my favorite adaptation of it. :)

What about Family Matters and The Cosby Show? I still like watching them. :)

Both. Plus the Jeffersons,What’s Happening,A different World, Living Single etc…

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

Annie is fictional character. So why shouldn't she be black ?

Do whites get the short end of the stick as far as fictional movie character represenation goes ?

Let's have a look
  • Superman is white
  • Batman is white
  • Spider man is white
  • Ant Man is white
  • Aqua Man is white
  • Iron Man is white
  • X Men are white
  • Neo is white
  • Pinocchio is white
  • Walter White is white
  • Tony Soprano is white
  • Hulk is white
  • Chandler Bing is white
  • Joey Tribbiani is white
  • Lucy Ricardo is white
  • Jean Luc Picard is white
  • Arya Stark is white
  • Peggy Olsen is white
  • Wolverrine is white
  • Wonder Woman is white
  • TinTin is white
  • Rambo is white
  • Robocop is white
  • James Bond is white
  • Gladiator is white
  • Thor is white
  • Heidi is white
  • Sherlock Holmes is white
  • Gandalf is white
  • Ebenezzer Scrooge is white
  • Luke Skywalker is white
  • Dr Spock is white
  • Amy Jellicoe is white
  • Frasier Crane is white
  • Al Sweareger is white
  • Blair Waldorf is white
  • Elizabeth Jennings is white
  • Captain Kirk is white
  • Marty McFly is white
  • Harry Potter is white
  • Bart Simpson is white
  • Homer Simpson is white
  • Marge Simpson is white
  • Dorothy Gale is white
  • Indiana Jones is white
  • Eddard Stark is white
  • Sheldon Cooper is white
  • Daryl Dixon is white
  • Jerry Seinfield
  • Archie Bunker is white
  • Han Solo is white
  • Barbie is white
  • The Joker is white
  • The Fonz is white
  • Fred Flinstone is white
  • Ellen Ripley is white
  • Alice in Wonderland is white
  • Austin Powers is white
  • Beavis and Butthead are white
  • Buzz Lightyear is white
  • Jack Sparrow is white
  • Cinderella is white
  • Crullea De Vil is white
  • Dracula is white
  • Frankenstein is white
  • Hannibal Lecter is white
  • Jason Bourne is white
  • Jessica Rabbit is white
  • Popeye is white
  • Princess Leia is white
  • Rocky Balboa is white
  • Snow White is white
  • Tarzan is white
  • The Terminator is white
  • Zorro is white
  • John McClane is white
  • Tyler Durden is white
  • Micheal Corleone is white
  • Don Corleone is white
  • Travic Bickle is white
  • The Bride is white
  • Foresst Gump is white
  • Eliza Doolittle is white
  • Mary Poppins is white
  • Danny Zuko is white
  • Sandy Olsson is white
  • Scarlett O'Hara is white
  • Rhett Butler is white
  • Hermione Granger is white
  • Atticus Finch is white
  • Jane Eyre is white
  • Willy Wonka is white
  • Charlie in Charlie And The Chocoloate factory is white
Even though Roald Dahl (The Author) meant him to be black.

1632440724245.png

Yeah whites have it so hard as far as fictional character representation goes lol

Last edited:

Do you whites get the short end of the stick as far as fictional movie characters represenation goes. Let's have a look
  • Superman is white
  • Batman is white
  • Spider man is white
  • Ant Man is white
  • Aqua Man is white
  • Iron Man is white
  • Hulk is white
  • Wolverrine is white
  • Wonder Woman is white
  • Rambo is white
  • Robocop is white
  • James Bond is white
  • Gladiator is white
  • Thor is white
  • Gandalf is white
  • Dr Spock is white
  • Captain Kirk is white
  • Marty McFly is white
  • Harry Potter is white
  • Bart Simpson is white
  • Homer Simpson is white
  • Marge Simpson is white
  • Dorothy Gale is white
  • Indiana Jones is white
  • Archie Bunker is white
  • Han Solo is white
  • Barbie is white
  • The Joker is white
  • The Fonz is white
  • Ellen Ripley is white
  • Austin Powers is white
  • Jack Sparrow is white
  • Cinderella is white
  • Dracula is white
  • Frankenstein is white
  • Jason Bourne is white
  • Popeye is white
  • Princess Leia is white
  • Rocky Balboa is white
  • Snow White is white
  • Tarzan is white
  • Zorro is white
  • John McClane is white
  • Tyler Durden is white
  • Travic Bickle is white
  • The Bride is white
  • Foresst Gump is white
Yeah you whites have it so hard as far fictional character representation goes lol

Okay,.. a number of people on that list could be black. The reason why Annie can't be black is it's very descriptive of the way she is supposed to look. A lot of people (superheroes especially) could be black and nobody would really notice the difference. Catwoman was half-black, at least in the movie and I thought she rocked at it. So just calm down alright?

Oh and btw, I was going to post these from earlier as we talked about The Wiz which is one of my favorite musicals!! :D

The are re-doing the series "The Wonder Years" with an all Black cast (except for a couple of token Whites).

I'm getting sick of every TV series and movie being Black.
And they have to feature a gay couple or two as well. I don't ever recall watching any movie where I was concerned about the character's sex life.

Okay,.. a number of people on that list could be black. The reason why Annie can't be black is it's very descriptive of the way she is supposed to look. A lot of people (superheroes especially) could be black and nobody would really notice the difference. Catwoman was half-black, at least in the movie and I thought she rocked at it. So just calm down alright?
Sometimes I think you whites just LOOK for things to pissed off at.

These are white people problems. Angry that Annie is played by a blk girl. I mean that's the worse thing going on in your life.......white people problems

Do whites get the short end of the stick as far as fictional movie character represenation goes ?

Let's have a look
  • Superman is white
  • Batman is white
  • Spider man is white
  • Ant Man is white
  • Aqua Man is white
  • Iron Man is white
  • X Men are white
  • Neo is white
  • Pinocchio is white
  • Walter White is white
  • Tony Soprano is white
  • Hulk is white
  • Chandler Bing is white
  • Joey Tribbiani is white
  • Lucy Ricardo is white
  • Jean Luc Picard is white
  • Arya Stark is white
  • Peggy Olsen is white
  • Wolverrine is white
  • Wonder Woman is white
  • TinTin is white
  • Rambo is white
  • Robocop is white
  • James Bond is white
  • Gladiator is white
  • Thor is white
  • Heidi is white
  • Gandalf is white
  • Dr Spock is white
  • Amy Jellicoe is white
  • Frasier Crane is white
  • Al Sweareger is white
  • Blair Waldorf is white
  • Elizabeth Jennings is white
  • Captain Kirk is white
  • Marty McFly is white
  • Harry Potter is white
  • Bart Simpson is white
  • Homer Simpson is white
  • Marge Simpson is white
  • Dorothy Gale is white
  • Indiana Jones is white
  • Eddard Stark is white
  • Sheldon Cooper is white
  • Daryl Dixon is white
  • Jerry Seinfield
  • Archie Bunker is white
  • Han Solo is white
  • Barbie is white
  • The Joker is white
  • The Fonz is white
  • Ellen Ripley is white
  • Austin Powers is white
  • Jack Sparrow is white
  • Cinderella is white
  • Dracula is white
  • Frankenstein is white
  • Jason Bourne is white
  • Popeye is white
  • Princess Leia is white
  • Rocky Balboa is white
  • Snow White is white
  • Tarzan is white
  • Zorro is white
  • John McClane is white
  • Tyler Durden is white
  • Don Corleone is white
  • Travic Bickle is white
  • The Bride is white
  • Foresst Gump is white
  • Eliza Doolittle is white
  • Mary Poppins is white
  • Danny Zuko is white
  • Sandy Olsson is white
  • Scarlett O'Hara is white
  • Rhett Butler is white
  • Hermione Granger is white
  • Atticus Finch is white
  • Jane Eyre is white
  • Willy Wonka is white
  • Charlie in Charlie And The Chocoloate factory is white
Even though Roald Dahl (The Author) meant him to be black.

View attachment 543171
Yeah whites have it so hard as far as fictional character representation goes lol
Nobody is stopping anyone from creating movies and TV shows using original black characters.

I mean that's the worse thing going on in your life.......white people problems

Actually, no it's not. Not by a longshot. Also for the record in general I don't have any problems with black people, so you don't need to talk to me with such disrespect as just for the record,.. remember I stood up for you guys when Death Angel made that racist comment about you and yes BlueGin has just made an excellent point,.. you could always start coming up with original ideas that are rolls meant for black people such as yourself instead of trying to change all of ours.

The Doctor's Wife
Also for the record in general I don't have any problems with black people, so you don't need to talk to me with such disrespect as just for the record

I don't give a sh*t whether you like black people or not.

I know what you can do white woman

I know if I was in the courtroom and 10 of you were on the Jury. I'm going down. I know you can get me killed. One call to the cops and it's a wrap.

The Doctor's Wife
remember I stood up for you guys when Death Angel made that racist comment about you

Is that supposed to impress me ?

The Doctor's Wife
and yes BlueGin has just made an excellent point,.. you could always start coming up with original ideas that are rolls meant for black people such as yourself instead of trying to change all of ours.

Haven't you heard ? You run hollywood.
  • Less than 22% of the world is white.
  • Less than 11% of the world is white and male.
  • Less than 2.3% of the world is white, male and speaks English.
Yet they run the BBC, ABC, CBS, Hollywood, Google, Penguin Books, CNN, Facebook, Twitter, FBI, the New York Times, Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge.

And yet you still complain ?

Yes blk ppl can make and do make independent movies but it won't have the global reach that white hollywood does.

That's why most black movies are usually two hours of watching blk ppl get there asses kicked by whites and then a white person comes and saves the day or some filth like Precious

Has anybody seen a commercial recently that had a White in it?
No, unless they are being mocking, like the blond guy with his blond Afghan hound in the new Liberty Mutual one. They are coloring all the New Yorker cartoons dark --- same characters, just pencilled in dark. Nuts. I'm pretty sure New York isn't solid black like Newark, but the New Yorker is Woke to the Third Power. The only reason I get it is the cartoons, and now they've spoiled those.

Okay, I'm not racist but Annie is a white little girl with red hair. This isn't about race anymore, it's about trying to appease to everybody. It's not like this little girl can't get other acting jobs for being black. She's young Nala from The Lion King show and color doesn't matter there. Yeah, I realize that I might be called a bigot for this, but this role wasn't written for her. What's next a male or a transgender Annie? Give me a break!

I remember a few years go, they decided to update the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on a show called "Elementary", set in New York were Dr. Watson was now a Chinese-American woman played by Lucy Liu...

And while I am sure there are a few purists who whined, it was actually.... really good.

1634992132952.png

Did Dr. Watson have to be an old white English dude? Nope.

Forum List

Back