This Hyperventilating About Contraceptives is Overblown

Conservatives: Do You Want a Govt "Ban" on Contraceptives?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It's nuanced (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop the comparisons that are not comparisons. I get it though. During the Great Depression we had a lot of things go wrong. We learned to rotate crops and we learned to keep a product for the people. Weather and soil erosion and other things are not perfect. We must eat to survive. Contraceptives are part of people's ways and beliefs. Some do not believe in anything but using tried and true natural ways of sex as a contraceptive. Others would use contraceptives as is accepted by many today. Most of the rest is pure ignorance and not caring about the end result of being irresponsible. And it is this group that causes us misery. And costs us a good amount of our resources.

My reply was directed towards paying for contraceptives. My reply was directed at those who say they do not want to pay for others.

It's no secret why Trump stayed committed to Schlitz Kavanaugh's nomination despite credible accusations of the latter's sexual misconduct (the former being credibly accused as well). Kavanaugh had expressed opinions about the unitary executive that were music to Individual 1's ears. So had Billy the Bagman in his 20 page audition for the job of AG which is why Barr was hired.

The reason why Trump remained committed to Kavanaugh was that he knew the libs were lying about the gang rapes and all of that and didn't want to set a precedent. Trump knew it would be worse for the next nominee if he allowed the libs to destroy Kav's family and career.

i don’t know…shall not kill is a pretty good law

Life begins at first breath in the Bible, not conception. In the Bible, if you harm a pregnant woman and she loses the child, you pay the husband for his loss of property. But you aren't tried for murder.

The Bible doesn't consider abortion "murder". Only woman hating misogynists like Republican men, think abortion is murder.

Exodus 21 - 22 - 25: - only harm to the woman is seen as "harm".

When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Life begins at first breath in the Bible, not conception. In the Bible, if you harm a pregnant woman and she loses the child, you pay the husband for his loss of property. But you aren't tried for murder.

The Bible doesn't consider abortion "murder". Only woman hating misogynists like Republican men, think abortion is murder.

Exodus 21 - 22 - 25: - only harm to the woman is seen as "harm".

When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
cool…glad we don’t take our laws from the Bible…it says slavery is ok, and the dems used that nonsense to justify it

Issues like that could have been addressed years ago (and can still be addressed today) had Speaker Boehner not refused to bring the bipartisan immigration reform bill to the floor of the House for a vote. The one that easily passed in the Senate with support from Repubs.

E-Verify

What is E-Verify?

E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States by comparing information from an employee’s Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records. Because the system is not currently mandatory, only around 7 percent of employers in the U.S. are currently enrolled in E-Verify.

What are the main changes to E-Verify in the bill?

Under S. 744, E-Verify will be expanded and made mandatory for all employers over a period of five years. The bill requires identity verification through the use of enhanced fraud-proof documents, such as tamper- and identity-theft resistant Social Security cards, and the use of a photo tool to allow employers to verify an individual’s identity. Employers are required to confirm identity and employment authorization within three business days after the employee accepts the offer of employment. A mandatory entry and exit system will be implemented at all air and sea ports to help ensure that foreign nationals are leaving the United States as required. The bill will take precedence over local and state laws related to the hiring of foreign nationals, creating a uniform national standard. However, the bill does not allow the creation of a national identification card.

Are you really this stupid?

The rabid religious right is hell bent on eliminating contraception. It allows young people to behave in an "immoral" way preventing pregnancy and consequences for immoral behaviour.

Under the abortion bans in some states, the IUD, as well as the morning after pill are now illegal because the IUD prevents the fertilized egg from implanting.

This thread is just a little proof that you're wrong, but you're crazy, so there's that.

This is the kind of moron at the root of the anti-abortion movement.

You voted for hate and misogyny. Trump has no respect for women or their rights. Ditto Kavenaugh. I don't expect my politicians to be pastors, but I would never vote for a lying criminal who sexually assaults women and then jokes about it. Kavenaugh was sexually assaulting women in high school. These are the "men" who are making decisions about women's lives - people who hate women.

You don't elect pastors, but you don't elect rapists and criminals either.

Meet Dragonlady....a person who actually believes the stuff Democrats tried to accuse Kavanaugh of

So what? The decision was based upon the fucking law, not popular opinion. The Supreme Court looks at the law books, not what's popular with the public at a particular point in time. Most people were in favor of School Prayer, ex given, yet the court removed Almighty God from the government schools in 1962
In the post to which I responded you clearly were trying to excuse this myogeny by claiming "most" GQP types didn't want...

The law was clear for 50 years.
All 5 of the justices in their hearings said Roe was settled law.

This was not about law but about bending the knee to the religious right.
The opposition to abortion is purely religious. Implementation of laws based on this are clearly a violation of the 1st.
BUT
The GQP doesn't care about that as long as they get the religious right to vote ...

So...
When you and yours like it, the polls matter.
when you don't and the polls tell you you're being anti-American you don't give a fuck.

So again we have an example of people wanting to go back to the way things were 60 plus years ago.
Families were stronger in the 1950s. So, yes, I would love to go back to the values of that time as they related to family.

The law was clear for 50 years.
All 5 of the justices in their hearings said Roe was settled law.
It was a violation of the Constitution for 50 years. No where in the constitution does the right of abortion exist.

In the decision of Roe they kicked the can down the road on when life begins,. And set it at viability. Later on 2 occasions they lowered it to 22 weeks. Which made it clear they believed we should not have abortion after viability. Same as the law if a pregnant woman is murdered. It is now a double homicide.

This is an easy fix. About 15 weeks or that area abortions are allowed. After that ALL ABORTIONS ARE BANNED NATIONWIDE. Only reason would be medical necessities.

Right now too many states allow late term abortions which is Barbarism. Surely you don't OBJECT to ending Barbarism. A partial birth abortion is an ABOMINATION TO MANKIND.
It NEEDS TO END.

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

Who is hyperventilating?!

Families were stronger in the 1950s. So, yes, I would love to go back to the values of that time as they related to family.
The family that picnics together stays together...

iu

Now for the other side of the story. Many states are not WANTING TO PAY FOR CONTRACEPTIVES.

Some, like Birth control pills can be expensive. But it's not my job to provide a condom or a rubber for my neighbor. That is HIS JOB.

While some will say we should make it free because it's better than having to pay for a child later........it denies ACCOUNTABILTY of those getting pregnant. People ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS. And it's not everyone else's job to pay for it when YOU SCREW .......LITERALLY............UP.

How does “free and widely available” deny accountability? If you ban abortion, the need doesn’t just disappear.

Interestingly there is widespread support…

Artificial birth control is evil. It frustrates the sharing and procreative aspect that sex is intended to be. It makes sex a purely mechanical act, and it objectifies women.

As Ricardo Montalban said "The rhythm method is one of the wisest policies of the Catholic Church. It fans the flames of passion". The ten-day hiatus is good for people in the same way fasting is good for them, or some Lenten abstinence. Or any self-induced temporary self-deprivation. It strengthens the soul. It heightens love.
You want to con-trol women's bodies...like rape.

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

We used to the same about Roe v. Wade.

Forum List

Back