This Hyperventilating About Contraceptives is Overblown

Conservatives: Do You Want a Govt "Ban" on Contraceptives?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • It's nuanced (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Artificial birth control is evil. It frustrates the sharing and procreative aspect that sex is intended to be. It makes sex a purely mechanical act, and it objectifies women.

As Ricardo Montalban said "The rhythm method is one of the wisest policies of the Catholic Church. It fans the flames of passion". The ten-day hiatus is good for people in the same way fasting is good for them, or some Lenten abstinence. Or any self-induced temporary self-deprivation. It strengthens the soul. It heightens love.
So, in your opinion, women who've passed menopause should be forbidden by law from having sex.

I've a better solution...

Take semen sample and castrate every male over the age of 12.
Sex is not a requirement for procreation.
Removal of the testes will reduce crime, violence, and the need of idiots to control the evil they believe is woman.

No more unplanned pregnancies
No more abortions

Your dream world.

Do you suppose Trump used the rhythm method while cheating on his wives?
what does trump have to do with this?? i think it’s a little weird he’s the first thing you think if when discussing contraceptives…

I believe very, very few Conservatives/Republicans truly want govt involved in contraception, even Catholics and others who are morally opposed. Justice Thomas is only being Constitutionally solid when he asserts that this issue too belongs to the states, not the federal govt.

Still, we have articles like this from May, and plenty of hyperventilating all over.

Are you really this stupid?

The rabid religious right is hell bent on eliminating contraception. It allows young people to behave in an "immoral" way preventing pregnancy and consequences for immoral behaviour.

Under the abortion bans in some states, the IUD, as well as the morning after pill are now illegal because the IUD prevents the fertilized egg from implanting.

You know, I didn't thing the US could get any more barbaric. A lesson to me...

“We should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell,” Justice Clarence Thomas said. “Because any substantive due process decision is ‘demonstrably erroneous.’”
Justice Thomas said that the court has the “duty to ‘correct the error’ established in those precedents.” Those “precedents” which are included in Griswold, Lawrence and Obergefell include the protection of contraception, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage.
Ginni's husband said the quiet part out loud. Feeling emboldened by the court's extremist majority, they are no longer couching what they intend to do in obtuse language or "ah shucks" denials about what their designs are for "settled law." If they get their way society and our laws will be more reflective of the period in which the Constitution was written. It's feigned originalism gone amuck.

60% of Americans didn't want Roe overturned.

So what? The decision was based upon the fucking law, not popular opinion. The Supreme Court looks at the law books, not what's popular with the public at a particular point in time. Most people were in favor of School Prayer, ex given, yet the court removed Almighty God from the government schools in 1962

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
what does trump have to do with this?? i think it’s a little weird he’s the first thing you think if when discussing contraceptives…
My only thought about Trump and contraceptives is how much better the world would be if his parents had used some the day he was conceived.

My only thought about Trump and contraceptives is how much better the world would be if his parents had used some the day he was conceived.
agreed…chucky S likely wouldn’t be in office without all his donations

Are you really this stupid?

The rabid religious right is hell bent on eliminating contraception. It allows young people to behave in an "immoral" way preventing pregnancy and consequences for immoral behaviour.

Under the abortion bans in some states, the IUD, as well as the morning after pill are now illegal because the IUD prevents the fertilized egg from implanting.
can you provide us with one of those states statutes?

It will be interesting to see if states try to ban FDA approved drugs that cause abortions.

I'm not sure they can

For the 1000th time, Trump, though not perfect, is far to superior to the alternative which is wholesale baby-killers.

This is the kind of moron at the root of the anti-abortion movement.
What is the issue you keep hammering on here? That Trump is not a Christian or what, and we voted for him?

I have said this so many times. Here goes AGAIN. We were not voting for a pastor, husband, best friend, neighbor or whatever. It's a JOB. President. That's it.

He did a good job as president, even though his personal life leaves MUCH to be desired.

Do I have to put all of that under my avatar? Or what?

You voted for hate and misogyny. Trump has no respect for women or their rights. Ditto Kavenaugh. I don't expect my politicians to be pastors, but I would never vote for a lying criminal who sexually assaults women and then jokes about it. Kavenaugh was sexually assaulting women in high school. These are the "men" who are making decisions about women's lives - people who hate women.

You don't elect pastors, but you don't elect rapists and criminals either.

Last edited:
This is the kind of moronic at the root of the anti-abortion movement.

You voted for hate and misogyny. Trump has no respect for women or their rights. Ditto Kavenaugh. I don't expect my politicians to be pastors, but I would never vote for a lying criminal who sexually assaults women and then jokes about it. Kavenaugh was sexually assaulting women in high school. These are the "men" who are making decisions about women's lives - people who hate women.

hahaha you can’t even define a woman…stop, you’re killing my

What are you talking about. I don't support his sins. I don't support MY OWN sins.

The difference is, the Left wants us to support sins. Vote for sins. Endorse sins. Like, for instance, killing their own babies. ?!?!

If you believe abortion is wrong, don't have one. You want laws based on your religious beliefs. That's wrong.

This is the kind of moronic at the root of the anti-abortion movement.

There was no evidence presented before or since that Kavanaugh is rapist.

In fact, the Montgomery County sheriff and district attorneys aren't even investigating the allegations of Ms. Ford. Her accusations that Kav orgainized weekly Gang Rape parties as a teen are serious indeed. Yet Special Victims detectives haven't canvassed the area looking for witnesses to the alleged attacks.

The decision was based upon the fucking law, not popular opinion.
Come now, let's not pretend. The opinion, remember....it's just an opinion, was based on a religious belief cloaked in the language of law.

There was no evidence presented before or since that Kavanaugh is rapist.

In fact, the Montgomery County sheriff and district attorneys aren't even investigating the allegations of Ms. Ford. Her accusations that Kav orgainized weekly Gang Rape parties as a teen are serious indeed. Yet Special Victims detectives haven't canvassed the area looking for witnesses to the alleged attacks.
It's no secret why Trump stayed committed to Schlitz Kavanaugh's nomination despite credible accusations of the latter's sexual misconduct (the former being credibly accused as well). Kavanaugh had expressed opinions about the unitary executive that were music to Individual 1's ears. So had Billy the Bagman in his 20 page audition for the job of AG which is why Barr was hired.

No cost contraceptive bad, billions for farmers hurt by tariffs, good.
Stop the comparisons that are not comparisons. I get it though. During the Great Depression we had a lot of things go wrong. We learned to rotate crops and we learned to keep a product for the people. Weather and soil erosion and other things are not perfect. We must eat to survive. Contraceptives are part of people's ways and beliefs. Some do not believe in anything but using tried and true natural ways of sex as a contraceptive. Others would use contraceptives as is accepted by many today. Most of the rest is pure ignorance and not caring about the end result of being irresponsible. And it is this group that causes us misery. And costs us a good amount of our resources.

Forum List

Back