This guy lays out an ironclad case for term limits.

I have one very simple argument against term limits.

I don’t want you deciding who I get to vote for.

That’s all term limits are.
Yet you accept it for the presidency.

The Founders expected these people to LEAVE and not make a lifetime career of public "service." They are supposed to GO BACK HOME and live under the laws they imposed on the rest of the country

Know why there aren’t term limits? Because the founders didn’t make them and the people don’t care.

Actually it is the voting system... One man one vote system is corrupt....

Term limits will just increase the party power, inexperienced politicians who will not have base or connections to get anything actually done...

Preference voting for multi-seat districts would be far more effective... Makes politicians far more responsive to ALL the voters not just there base....

Feeding a steady stream of political novices to the army of slick lobbyists in Washington would be the greatest gift anyone ever gave to big business. The problem is not the length of the term but the "business friendly" politicians many Americans insist on electing.

In addition to which, no corporate manual in the world tells you to get rid of people as soon as they have sufficient experience to know what they're doing, and understand the processes. But that's what these term limit types want to do.

But I do think there should be an AGE limit for politicians. I would say 70 and out.
You clearly didn’t watch the video.

Either that, or your IQ is lower than the temp at the North Pole right now.

Why would I waste my time on a facebook video, posted by some idiot. It's hardly a credible source. Facebook is for family and friends.

Feeding a steady stream of political novices to the army of slick lobbyists in Washington would be the greatest gift anyone ever gave to big business. The problem is not the length of the term but the "business friendly" politicians many Americans insist on electing.

In addition to which, no corporate manual in the world tells you to get rid of people as soon as they have sufficient experience to know what they're doing, and understand the processes. But that's what these term limit types want to do.

But I do think there should be an AGE limit for politicians. I would say 70 and out.
You clearly didn’t watch the video.

Either that, or your IQ is lower than the temp at the North Pole right now.

Why would I waste my time on a facebook video, posted by some idiot. It's hardly a credible source. Facebook is for family and friends.
Thanks for admitting you showed up in yet another thread and refused to have a clue what the topic is, and didn’t let that slow you down from making a complete ass out of yourself.

Its what you do.:laughing0301: :itsok:

There is no reasonable argument for term limits. No thinking person would ever suggest them.

There are plenty of reasonable arguments for term limits and reasonable arguments against them. Furthermore, you are hardly a thinking person. You're a hard core partisan who regurgitates partisan propaganda.

There is no reasonable argument for term limits. No thinking person would ever suggest them.
Well that's odd... They, Congress and Senate, did that for the presidency.
She exhibits daily she has no fucking clue about anything regarding the USA, but shows up here daily trying to tell us how we should be doing things.

Its like a geriatric ward in congress. Embarrassing. These relics don’t stay in office into their 80s for love of “public service”.

I have one very simple argument against term limits.

I don’t want you deciding who I get to vote for.

That’s all term limits are.
Yet you accept it for the presidency.

The Founders expected these people to LEAVE and not make a lifetime career of public "service." They are supposed to GO BACK HOME and live under the laws they imposed on the rest of the country

Know why there aren’t term limits? Because the founders didn’t make them and the people don’t care.

Actually it is the voting system... One man one vote system is corrupt....

Term limits will just increase the party power, inexperienced politicians who will not have base or connections to get anything actually done...

Preference voting for multi-seat districts would be far more effective... Makes politicians far more responsive to ALL the voters not just there base....
Not sure what preference voting is but I’ve advocated rank choice and open primaries for a few years now.

Not to mention unwinding gerrymandered districts.

Forum List

Back