This Could Be Interesting

Yet somehow the "improperly educated" built the greatest nation ever.
I suppose that depends on the definition of "greatest", doesn't it?
I hate to inform you, but materialism doesn't equate to greatest unless you're improperly educated- narrow and shallow minded is what comes to my mind = superficial- as is the so called Public Education you obviously are proud of having achieved.

One-third of parents may not send their kids back to school this fall. If so, it will no doubt raise both the status of homeschooling and raise questions of tax allocation to the public system as well.

Third of parents may not send kids back to school this fall as COVID-19 uncertainty grows - Study Finds
Statistically those under 18 have no chance of dying from covid and a better chance of dying from a lightning strike while suntanning at the North pole
And?

Parents who simply choose not to send their kids to school (without going through the formalities of signing up for home schooling) are breaking the law. And harming their kids to boot.

Parents who simply choose not to send their kids to school (without going through the formalities of signing up for home schooling) are breaking the law. And harming their kids to boot.

Most districts (if not all) will be offering online school for the students so it'll be 100% legal. My state already offers online school and in order to graduate students have to complete at least one virtual course. For this upcoming school year things are still in the air and nobody knows exactly what's going to happen but the plan is to have positions of just virtual teachers at the school (which current teachers at the school would fulfill) where the teacher comes to school like normal but hosts their lessons virtually rather than in person. The parents who choose not to send their kids to school would have their kids log in like this.

The last quarter of the year I had ONE parent who flat out refused to have her kid do the virtual classes (we switched from a more traditional environment to virtual)...but her kid literally had like a 5% when were in session as normal so it just seemed like a convenient excuse.

Forum List

Back