Thinking

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
How do you think? Do you see words. hear words in your mind. Do you see pictures?

Never really thought about it before, but I realized I think in pictures so I have the hardest time explaining what im seeing sometimes. Im just curious if others are the same or have different ways.

good question....I personally think in terms that resemble movies...there are pictures, and there is dialog.

good question....I personally think in terms that resemble movies...there are pictures, and there is dialog.

and I hear words. When I wish to recall something, I can close my eyes and often picture the place in a book, tv screen, etc. I can also visualize conversations with people.

Weird question Avatar. :eusa_think: :cool:

I think in words - I dream in images.

I dream in images too....and think that way alot as well.

Maybe men & women can differ a little...because we've all heard men are more visual..:)

However...I do think in words sometime..especial if I'm having a funny thought..One that makes you smile while in thought.

The mind is like a well oiled machine, gushing out thoughts even without our full understanding. Our thoughts are not visible but they are a force because they induce action. I see the world through music, like a giant movie with a giant soundtrack playing a beautifully sad song.

Very interesting threads to this post.

I've been thinking how my days go...or could say my way of thinking has been how my days have been going as of late.

If things maybe always went our way...we'd still have the thinking process in full gear maybe saying otherwise...Emotions..and outcomes to the daily events we all face may have a hold on how we do think as well...

What plays the part on how this process works is tricky....We can even manipulate others.as well...

I know just this shack I'm living is...is playing a big factor...auuugh..:)

I asked this in my 7th grade class this morning:

"I think in film"

"I don't think"

"I think in sound/words/music"

"I think what my parent's say" :confused: (one of the worst behaved!)

it's funny...I was listening to a classical music station on my drive to work this morning and I thought about this thread as I drove..... and I found myself allowing myself to just "think" in melody. When you totally let your mind loose inside a piece of music, is that really even "thinking"?

it's funny...I was listening to a classical music station on my drive to work this morning and I thought about this thread as I drove..... and I found myself allowing myself to just "think" in melody. When you totally let your mind loose inside a piece of music, is that really even "thinking"?

I'm basically deaf. When I 'think' music, I'm thinking lyrics. If I've seen the words in print, probably pretty correct. You have no clue to what I can make up with what I 'think' I hear! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm basically deaf. When I 'think' music, I'm thinking lyrics. If I've seen the words in print, probably pretty correct. You have no clue to what I can make up with what I 'think' I hear! :rofl: :rofl:

there is a whole series of books about just that.

My favorite: "Bakin' carrot bisquits"

my oldest son, who is now 31, was singing along in the car when he was very young to the song "The Commissar's in Town"... and I about peed my pants when he sang "Don't turn around, oh oh....in kamikaze town oh oh"

there is a whole series of books about just that.

My favorite: "Bakin' carrot bisquits"

I'm afraid to ask! What's it mean?

I have a pretty good vocabulary, but I read alot. Funny thing, I never knew I was pronouncing 'buttons' as 'buddins' and a whole lot more, until college. Once the teachers knew about the hearing, they helped me.

I have a pretty good vocabulary, but I read alot. Funny thing, I never knew I was pronouncing 'buttons' as 'buddins' and a whole lot more, until college. Once the teachers knew about the hearing, they helped me.

if you sing it, you'll see how much it sounds like "takin' care of business"

and I must say...I know that they are spelled differently, but buttons and buddins sound pretty damn near the same to me!

and I must say...I know that they are spelled differently, but buttons and buddins sound pretty damn near the same to me!

I always spelled them right, it's just how it sounded to me. The examples are infinate.
Thus I like writing much more than speaking. I'm always afraid of pronunciations.

I always spelled them right, it's just how it sounded to me. The examples are infinate.
Thus I like writing much more than speaking. I'm always afraid of pronunciations.

hey.... bakin' carrot bisquits

Bachman Turner Overdrive

Forum List

Back