Think You Workout Hard? Hah!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/ultraman.html

DEAN KARNAZES WAS SLOBBERING DRUNK. IT WAS HIS 30TH BIRTHDAY, and he'd started with beer and moved on to tequila shots at a bar near his home in San Francisco. Now, after midnight, an attractive young woman – not his wife – was hitting on him. This was not the life he'd imagined for himself. He was a corporate hack desperately running the rat race. The company had just bought him a new Lexus. He wanted to vomit. Karnazes resisted the urge and, instead, slipped out the bar's back door and walked the few blocks to his house. On the back porch, he found an old pair of sneakers. He stripped down to his T-shirt and underwear, laced up the shoes, and started running. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

He sobered up in Daly City, about 15 miles south. It was nearly four in the morning. The air was cool, slightly damp from the fog, and Karnazes was in a residential neighborhood, burping tequila, with no pants on. He felt ridiculous, but it brought a smile to his face. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time. So he decided to keep running...(Lots more...)

haha wow, if only he could live life so free without the help of liquor :)

Yes indeed, he seems to have given up alcohol, once he found the Forest long distance running...

Geez, did you see what he eats while running?

That man in completely insane. But i like it. But now i feel really lazy.

i just want to know how he afford to stop working for 50 days for 50 marathons

Forum List

Back