Thin Skinned: Liberals vs Conservatives: Obama @ USSCCJ Roberts

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I read this story and the comments that followed.

too funny

The battle lines are drawn. :eusa_whistle:

Judging Obama’s ‘Pep Rally’ - Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com

Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr., who had a little first-hand knowledge of cantankerous Supreme Court justices, once wrote that “stupidity often saves a man from going mad.” If true, there’s a great deal of sanity involved in the growing rift between President Obama and the conservatives on the high court. What began with a ruling in First Amendment case and escalated with a simple shake of Justice Samuel Alito’s head …

[youtube]ARV_eHsyaHo[/youtube]

… has now blossomed into a potential Constitutional showdown.

Take it away, Chief Justice John Roberts!

[youtube]k92SerxLWtc[/youtube]

National Briefing | South
Alabama: Justice Criticizes Scene at State of Union
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 9, 2010

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said Tuesday that the scene at President Obama’s State of the Union address was “very troubling” and that the speech had “degenerated to a political pep rally.” In his speech, the president chided the Supreme Court, with the justices seated before him, for its decision on a campaign finance case. Responding to a University of Alabama law student’s question, Chief Justice Roberts said that anyone was free to criticize the court, but that “the image of having the members of one branch of government standing up, literally surrounding the Supreme Court, cheering and hollering while the court — according the requirements of protocol — has to sit there expressionless, I think is very troubling.”

National Briefing - South - Alabama - Justice Criticizes Scene at State of Union - NYTimes.com

Is the whole political world crying? Is reality becoming just one big stupid internet message board? :lol:

Forum List

Back