Thieves Steal California’s Scarce Water to Supply Illegal Marijuana Farms

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
One day last spring, water pressure in pipelines suddenly crashed In the Antelope Valley, setting off alarms. Demand had inexplicably spiked, swelling to three and half times normal. Water mains broke open, and storage tanks were drawn down to dangerous levels.

The emergency was so dire in the water-stressed desert area of Hi Vista, between Los Angeles and Mojave, that county health officials considered ordering residents to boil their tap water before drinking it.
“We said, ‘Holy cow, what’s happening?’” said Anish Saraiya, public works deputy for Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger.

It took a while for officials to figure out where all that water was going: Water thieves — likely working for illicit marijuana operations — had pulled water from remote filling stations and tapped into fire hydrants, improperly shutting off valves and triggering a chain reaction that threatened the water supply of nearly 300 homes.

California is still playing hug a thug games.

Why doesn't California just import their grass from Mexico? I can't see a good reason to grow it there.

BTW, I have the same beef with Pennsylvania's pushers growing grass here. They should really be shipping medicinal weed from Colombia and Jamaica and use our own farmland for tomatoes and other crops that don't travel as well.

A few months ago I posted an article or two on Mexico's law changes that would open that doorway.

BTW, I have the same beef with Pennsylvania's pushers growing grass here. They should really be shipping medicinal weed from Colombia and Jamaica and use our own farmland for tomatoes and other crops that don't travel as well.
What business is it of yours what people choose to grow on their land?

Why doesn't California just import their grass from Mexico? I can't see a good reason to grow it there.

A company I used to work for had a production facility in Mexico... Despite paying more than anyone else in the area, they still couldn't keep tools from disappearing.

I mean they were paying the workers just a little over a third what what the US worker was making, but it was more expensive to build the product in Mexico because they couldn't keep the tools necessary in the building and they flat out just didn't work nearly as efficiently.

It's stupid growing marijuana out in the desert, where there is no water ... Northern California has plenty of water, rich soils ...

Oregon's rules require a clear statement of the water source to be used to grow marijuana ... and if it relies on the public water system, the public water system has to sign off on the extra demand ...

It's still a felony under State Law to export or import marijuana across any of Oregon's borders in ALL cases ... and of course marijuana is still a schedule 1 controlled substance under USA Federal Law, and thus a felony to possess any marijuana for any reason ... so bringing the stuff in from Mexico ain't going to fly ...

Besides ... Mexican pot isn't that good ... the seconds out of Humboldt are so much better ...

of course marijuana is still a schedule 1 controlled substance under USA Federal Law, and thus a felony to possess any marijuana for any reason ...
No good reason.. Can't see any.. Nope.. :dunno:

How about stupid? Has exporting that been legalized yet?

Forum List

Back