They talked about impeaching POTUS before the election!

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I mean, REALLY!!!!!!

DEE2FA98-0DB7-4CF3-B480-F425ACFB4364.jpeg

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/republicans-are-already-talking-about-impeaching-clinton

With the latest polls showing Hillary Clinton remains likely to win the election on Tuesday, Republicans are preparing for the possibility of a second Clinton White House by promising to make the next four years a living hell. Some lawmakers are talking openly about refusing to approve any Supreme Court nominees until a Republican is elected president, the F.B.I. is investigating both the Clinton Foundation and the former secretary of state’s use of a private e-mail server, and House Republicans have vowed to launch additional investigations of their own. Now, a growing number of conservatives are warning that there could be a “constitutional crisis” if Clinton is elected, and threatening her with impeachment.

While the F.B.I. is currently looking into both Clinton and Donald Trump, there is currently no reason to believe an indictment is forthcoming, despite the “large swath of F.B.I. personnel” who reportedly see the Democratic nominee as “the antichrist personified.” The word “investigation” is “a term of art in the F.B.I.,” reports NBC’s Pete Williams. “There was an initial inquiry that was opened a couple months ago based largely on media reports and a book called Clinton Cash.” Still, that hasn’t stopped a number of Republican lawmakers from jumping the gun. “There's been nothing like this where you can have potential criminal charges,” New York Rep. Peter Kingsaid in a radio interview Tuesday. “You really could have a constitutional crisis here,” he added, echoing a similar charge by Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert and Wisconsin Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner.

Other Republicans are already using the “I” word. “Assuming she wins, and the investigation goes forward, and it looks like an indictment is pending, at that point in time, under the Constitution, the House of Representatives would engage in an impeachment trial," Texas Rep. Michael McCaul said on Fox News. “They would go to the Senate and impeachment proceedings and removal would take place.” Wisconsin senator Ron Johnson declared that Clinton could be impeached for “high crime or misdemeanor.” And Donald Trump, who has turned “lock her up” into a rallying cry at his campaign stops, said Wednesday that Clinton would be impeached just as surely as Bill Clinton was. “You know it’s going to happen. And in all fairness, we went through it with her husband. He was impeached,” the Republican nominee said at a rally in Florida Wednesday, adding that Hillary is “most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency.”

So you admit dems and repubs are just alike.
So proud of your partisan ass!!!!

So much for the “they hate the president* so much they wanted to impeach him from Day One” bullshit argument. :laugh:

Forum List

Back