‘They never saw this coming’: A Q&A with Kellyanne Conway

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
I like her, and she can handle everything the left can throw at her...
7 / 22
e151e5.gif
BBbyiSL.img

The Washington Post
Joe Heim 9 hrs ago
AAmhqky.img

When Kellyanne Conway took over as Donald Trump’s presidential campaign manager in August — his third in under a year — there were few signs that Trump would emerge victorious on election night just three months later. He was trailing Hillary Clinton in some polls by 10 points nationally, and the gap was widening in battleground states. Twitter attacks by Trump on Khizr Khan, the father of an American Muslim Army captain killed in Iraq, and his metastasizing list of other Twitter and campaign rally barbs weren’t helping his favorability ratings, particularly among women.

Conway was known in political circles for her research firm, the Polling Company/WomanTrend, which she launched in 1995 in part to provide candidates and companies with studies and analysis of the concerns and aspirations of American women.

Even though she had criticized Trump on numerous occasions earlier in the year, Conway was seen as someone who could bring discipline to the first-time candidate. And as a longtime Republican strategist and pollster with experience working for male candidates (Newt Gingrich, Ted Cruz, Mike Pence) who had trouble appealing to women voters, she was seen by politicos as well-suited to help Trump’s troubled bid. Conway, who turned 50 on Inauguration Day, now serves as counselor to the president in the White House, where she immediately made news defending what she called “alternative facts” related to inauguration attendance.

The only child of a single mother, Conway grew up in a working-class household in Atco, N.J. She has long-standing ties to Washington, having graduated from Trinity Washington University and George Washington University Law School. She and her husband, George, have four children.

This interview took place at Trump Tower a week before the inauguration.

How would you describe the past six months for you?

The past six months for me, professionally, have been the apex of my career. People say, “Congratulations, Kellyanne. You’re successful because you work hard.” I do work hard, but so many people, so many women in this country work hard. But they don’t often get what I got, which was my shot and my time to help manage and execute on a plan and a vision at the highest levels of politics and government.

And that’s very rewarding to me because in many ways my life in the last six months really reflects the American Dream writ large. I was raised by a single mom, in a unconventional household of four Italian Catholic women, and I was the first person to go to college, let alone law school, in my family. I started my business at 28. Like a Generation Xer, I married later, had children later and was very focused on my career. I’m a granddaughter of immigrants, and it’s a very common American experience.

But the last six months have been exhausting, exhilarating, heady and roller-coaster-like in terms of all the situations and circumstances that just come our way constantly when you’re on Team Trump. At the same time there was a certain steadiness and composure and decorum and calmness that I’ve experienced. Part of that is age/wisdom, and part of that is trying to be an anchor in the storm. The storm being not the campaign or Mr. Trump, the storm being all of the situational, circumstantial incoming that we constantly took.
AAmhg7r.img

You mentioned your mother. On election night did she say anything to you?

(good interview)

Twenty-five years from now what do you want people to say about you?

That I was an excellent mother and a great friend and I brought honor and respect to what I did. I was fair and judicious to people. I had compassion and empathy for those less fortunate than me. I made a difference inside and outside of government and that I was kind and generous and honest. And I want to be famous for my children. I want one of them to cure cancer or win the Nobel Peace Prize or be the first woman president. One of my daughters said, “Mom, I don’t want to go to Washington and be known as Kellyanne Conway’s daughter.” And I said, “Well, then cure cancer, and I’ll be known as Claudia Conway’s mother.” That’s the way I look at it.

Watch the vid:

At 4:02, Kellyanne takes a big gulp, forcing out the ludicrous phrase 'alternative facts'. She had obviously been instructed to use this Orwellian phrase, and knew well she'd be laughed at...
She's a smart operator, but she's working for a fucking idiot.

Watch the vid:

At 4:02, Kellyanne takes a big gulp, forcing out the ludicrous phrase 'alternative facts'. She had obviously been instructed to use this Orwellian phrase, and knew well she'd be laughed at...
She's a smart operator, but she's working for a fucking idiot.

The biggest fucking idiot was on the left, email sever in the basement and the maid receiving and sending classified information...:bye1:

Forum List

Back