They long predicted looks to be happening. OU/UT to the SEC

Not so

the embarrassment for UT is that they have been unable to dominate the lesser football schools

UT has not been able to recruit the best players in Texas as it once did

thats usually to blame for the coaching staff

UT has not had a top 10 head coach since Darrel Royal retired

Only Mac Brown has been above average in recruiting

Unfortunately he was average to below average in all the other coaching skills
It’s clear that the Texas football program has been able to land some of the best players in the country.

It hasn’t necessarily translated to success on the field yet, but the Longhorns are within the top ten teams in the nation in terms of recruiting class averages over the past five years. The lack of production heavily weighs on the coaching staff in regards to player development, which will hopefully be fixed with head coach Tom Herman’s reshaped staff this season.

Regardless, it’s impressive that Texas is consistently amidst recruiting class averages with programs such as Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and LSU.

CBS Sports recently ranked the schools who have done the best job putting together multiple highly-ranked recruiting classes. Texas lands at No. 7 in the nation, the best in the Big 12 conference.

Last 10 years,
247 classranks, 2010-19: 2 | 4 | 2 | 17 |17 | 10 |7 | 25 | 3 | 3
Record: 63-52 (.548)
Five-stars: 18
Four-stars: 127
Last national title: 2005

It’s clear that the Texas football program has been able to land some of the best players in the country.

It hasn’t necessarily translated to success on the field yet, but the Longhorns are within the top ten teams in the nation in terms of recruiting class averages over the past five years. The lack of production heavily weighs on the coaching staff in regards to player development, which will hopefully be fixed with head coach Tom Herman’s reshaped staff this season.

Regardless, it’s impressive that Texas is consistently amidst recruiting class averages with programs such as Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, and LSU.

CBS Sports recently ranked the schools who have done the best job putting together multiple highly-ranked recruiting classes. Texas lands at No. 7 in the nation, the best in the Big 12 conference.

Last 10 years,
Not sending as many players to the NFL as Alabama hurts the Longhorns

either the recruits were overrated or the coaching staff is not good enough

Tom Herman was given every opportunity to succeed and failed to get the job done

though his 2020 team was divided by racial strife that was not his fault

I am referring to the “Eyes of Texas” craziness inspired by Black Lies Matter

Last 10 years,

One of the things that hurts a college team is the inability to develop the top players they recruit. Getting the best high school players to commit to your school is only the first step. Turning those high school stars into college stars is the critical step. Every team that gets top level recruits has examples of 5 star players that get the fans excited when they are recruited, but never pan out when they play college ball. Just like what happens at the next level.

Not sending as many players to the NFL as Alabama hurts the Longhorns

either the recruits were overrated or the coaching staff is not good enough

Tom Herman was given every opportunity to succeed and failed to get the job done

though his 2020 team was divided by racial strife that was not his fault

I am referring to the “Eyes of Texas” craziness inspired by Black Lies Matter

Now it will be up to Sark to move Texas into being a viable contender for championships. He is an offensive genius, but his value as a head coach remains to be seen. Maybe his work with Saban taught him enough.

Now it will be up to Sark to move Texas into being a viable contender for championships. He is an offensive genius, but his value as a head coach remains to be seen. Maybe his work with Saban taught him enough.
Lets not forget that Alabama floundered before Saban came along

Forget? I was a hardcore fan then too. I watched Mike DuBose lead us to a glorious 3-8 season. Which is one reason I am such a fan of Nick Saban.
Saban has the magic touch

I think he has to be considered the best college coach of all time

Saban has the magic touch

I think he has to be considered the best college coach of all time

I have to agree with you. I grew up during the Bear Bryant era. But Coach Saban has done more in less time and with fewer scholarship players.

I have to agree with you. I grew up during the Bear Bryant era. But Coach Saban has done more in less time and with fewer scholarship players.
I wish it weren't so but the facts speak for themselves

I wish it weren't so but the facts speak for themselves

They really do. I watched a video of a sports show that discussed Saban's career. The main thing that amazed me was his consistent record despite having different star players, different coordinators and assistant coaches, and changing styles of play.

And one more thing that makes me put him as the greatest, though maybe not to all people, his players have very high graduation rates. Even those who left for the NFL early will often continue their education online and graduate. He inspires his players.

Last 10 years,

The problem is that Texas still thinks they are a Blue Chip program. They were at one time. But that time is gone. They have had only one 10 win season since 2009. In that same time period they have had 4 seasons that ended with a losing record.

The problem is that Texas still thinks they are a Blue Chip program. They were at one time. But that time is gone. They have had only one 10 win season since 2009. In that same time period they have had 4 seasons that ended with a losing record.
Historically there are but more recently no.

New Topics

Forum List

Back