They keep releasing gun criminals, they even release school shooters.....this is insane.

Oh my!

The definition of "any gun control" is can that one guy get ahold of a "military grade weapon"?

20 million AR-15 rifles, one is misused....ban them all....that is the moronic belief of joe, who wants to let known, violent gang members out of jail when they are caught with illegal guns...knowing that these gang members are the actual shooters in these cities...he is fucking insane.

I disagree that encouraging minority loans had anything at all to do with the 2008 housing crash.
The defaults were not new loans.
They had been paying successfully for years.
It was the huge increase in monthly payments, based on deceptive British LIBOR interest rates, that caused the defaults.
And all of those innocent home buyers should have been bailed out, not the banks who were at fault.
Blaming the home buyers for the 2008 collapse is just wrong.

{...

Libor Scandals and the 2008 Financial Crisis​

Libor is on the way out as a loan benchmark because of the role it played in worsening the 2008 financial crisis as well as scandals involving Libor manipulation among the rate-setting banks.

Libor and the 2008 Financial Crisis

The use and abuse of credit default swaps (CDS) was one of the major drivers of the 2008 financial crisis. A very wide range of interrelated financial companies insured risky mortgages and other questionable financial products using CDS. Rates for CDS were set using Libor, and these derivative investments were used to insure against defaults on subprime mortgages.

American International Group (AIG) was the biggest player in the CDS disaster. The firm issued vast quantities of CDS on subprime mortgages and countless other financial products, like mortgaged-backed securities. The crash of the real estate market in 2007, followed by the even larger market meltdown in 2008, forced AIG into bankruptcy, resulting in one of the largest government bailouts in history.

Once AIG started falling apart, it became clear that failing subprime mortgages and the securities built on top of them weren’t properly insured, many banks became reluctant to lend to each other. Libor transmitted the crisis far and wide since every day Libor rate-setting banks estimated higher and higher interest rates. Libor rose, making loans more expensive, even as global central banks rushed to slash interest rates.

With rates on trillions of dollars of financial products soaring day after day, and fears about stunted bank lending reducing the flow of money through the economy, markets crashed. Libor was only one of the many factors that created the financial industry disasters of 2008, but its key role in transmitting the crisis to all parts of the global economy has driven many nations to seek safer alternatives.

Libor Manipulation​

In 2012, extensive investigations into the way Libor was set uncovered a widespread, long-lasting scheme among multiple banks—including Barclays, Deutsche Bank, Rabobank, UBS and the Royal Bank of Scotland—to manipulate Libor rates for profit.

Barclays was a key player in this complicated scam. Barclays would submit its Libor estimates, claiming that it was lower than what other banks actually charged it. Because a lower rate supposedly indicates a smaller risk of default, it is considered a sign that a bank is in better shape than another bank with a higher rate.

It wasn’t just Barclays, though. At UBS, one trader involved in Libor setting, Thomas Hayes, managed to rake in hundreds of millions of dollars for the bank over the course of three years. Hayes also colluded with traders at the Royal Bank of Scotland on rigging Libor. UBS executives denied all knowledge of what had been going on, although the ring managed to manipulate rate submissions across multiple institutions.
...}

The defaults were not new loans.

None of them? Link?

And all of those innocent home buyers should have been bailed out,

The buyers didn't understand what an adjustable rate mortgage meant?

Barclays would submit its Libor estimates, claiming that it was lower than what other banks actually charged it.

You were whining about LIBOR rates going up, up up, now you're whining that Barclays
manipulated the rates lower? Damn, that's funny. Even for your usual stupidity.

20 million AR-15 rifles, one is misused....ban them all....that is the moronic belief of joe, who wants to let known, violent gang members out of jail when they are caught with illegal guns...knowing that these gang members are the actual shooters in these cities...he is fucking insane.

Joe is very emotional today.......it may be his special time......

They were denying loans on ability to pay them back, big difference.

No, loans are still denied based on ability to pay.
Redlining was based on address and race, and I know it was true.
Several times I helped people get mortgages by being a "white" cover for them, when they were making more than me, but denied.

Several times I helped people get mortgages by being a "white" cover for them, when they were making more than me, but denied.

Falsifying loan documents?

No.....it was based on their ability to pay back the loans....they lived in communities that were poor, and they had poor credit ratings.......that is the truth.

Thomas Sowell on "redlining."

It was not that many years ago when there was moral outrage ringing throughout the media because lenders were reluctant to lend in certain neighborhoods and because banks did not approve mortgage loan applications from blacks as often as they approved mortgage loan applications from whites.

All this was an opening salvo in a campaign to get Congress to pass laws forcing lenders to lend to people they would not otherwise lend to and in places where they would not otherwise put their money.

The practice of not lending in some neighborhoods was demonized as “redlining” and the fact that minority applicants were approved for mortgages only 72 percent of the time, while whites were approved 89 percent, was called “overwhelming” evidence of discrimination by the Washington Post.

Some people are more easily overwhelmed than others, especially when they find statistics that seem to fit their preconceptions. But if we do what politicians and the media seldom bother to do – stop and think – an entirely different picture emerges.

In our personal lives, common sense leads us to avoid some neighborhoods. If you want to call that “redlining,” so be it. But places where it is dangerous to go are often also places where it is dangerous to send your money.
----

As for racial differences in mortgage loan application approval rates, that does not tell you much if you are comparing apples and oranges. Income, credit history and net worth are just some of the things that are very different from one group to another.

More important, in the same ways that blacks differ from whites, whites differ from Asian Americans.

The fact that whites are turned down for conventional mortgage loans, and resort to subprime loans, more often than Asian Americans do is seldom reported in “news” stories about lending practices, even though such data are readily available.

Shocking as it may be to some, lenders are in the business of making money, and they don’t much care whose money it is, so long as they get paid.

More on Redlining......Thomas Sowell..looking at the topic in his book, "Visions of the Annointed," a great book.

Not really.
The bank is not required to disclose why you are denied.

If Your Loan Application Is Denied

If your application is denied, the lender must give you specific reasons — or tell you that you have the right to ask for the reasons. You have the right to:

• find out whether your loan is approved within 30 days of submitting your completed application. If your application is rejected, the lender must tell you in writing.
  • specific reasons why your application was rejected. The lender must give you the specific reason for the rejection or tell you that you have the right to learn the reason if you ask within 60 days. An acceptable reason might be “your income was too low” or “you haven’t been employed long enough.” An unacceptable reason might be “you didn’t meet our minimum standards.” That’s not specific enough information.
  • learn the specific reason why you were offered less favorable terms than you applied for, but only if you reject these terms. For example, if the lender offers you a smaller mortgage or a higher interest rate, you have the right to know why — as long as you don’t accept the lender’s counter offer.
  • review the property appraisal from the lender. Mortgage applications may be turned down because of low appraisals. Check that the appraisal has accurate information and determine whether the appraiser considered illegal factors, like the racial composition of the neighborhood.

Yes.....try to ignore that the ACLU and 23 other mental health organizations agree with not attacking people with mental illness.....you are an idiot.
Attacking people with mental illness?
You're a lying retard, no one is attacking people with disabilities, except another idiot with mental disabilities.

January 9, 2017
A video appears to show Trump imitating New York Times investigative reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a disease that limits the function of his joints. At a South Carolina rally in November 2015, Trump jerked his arms and said, “Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said, I don’t remember, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said.’”

Republicans will let the mentally ill bypass background checks for gun ownership, but will find a way to keep them out of a voting booth.

Yes.....try to ignore that the ACLU and 23 other mental health organizations agree with not attacking people with mental illness.....you are an idiot.

yes, I know you live in fear of someone evaluating your mental health before you get to indulge your fetish.

Shit, just reading your posts, I can tell you need medication, not guns.

Okay, helpful hint. When we do start doing mental health screenings for gun fetishists, "Someone getting his head blown off" is not an acceptable answer on a Rorschach test.

It wasn't a military weapon you lying asshole.....it was a basic rifle...and he could have murdered just as many children with a pistol or shotgun...the rifle didn't matter.

Functionally, it was the same weapon as the M-16 I carried in the Army, except it can't fire full auto. These weapons have no business being in civilian hands, much less someone as crazy as Lanza or Paddock or Holmes.

Shithead.....you know, because you have been shown over and over again that the Gun Violence Archive lies.....they include gang shootings to their lists to inflate the idea that mass public shootings are common.....because normal people know that gang shootings, in democrat party controlled cities, do not effect them......but mass public shootings are used to scare normal people even though they are the rarest of rare events....so shitheads like you and the GVA lie, and mix gang shootings in to the mass public shooting list..to falsely inflate the numbers to deceive the public.....

Uh, guy, "It's Okay because it's just the darkies shooting each other" isn't really convincing anyone.

Gang shootings, mall shootings, school shootings, NONE of this shit should be happening because it shouldn't be THIS fucking easy to get a gun.

Now, Germany has pretty wide gun ownership, but they don't consider it a right. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a gun.

And Germany doesn't have these kinds of things happening.

If you were really a "Responsible" and "Normal" gun owner, you should be happy if the government makes it harder for criminals and crazy people to get them.

What if the actual cause was simply organic, defective hardwiring in the brain, or a society that puts too much pressure on people?
Blaming the mother without all the facts may not be fair?

Nope, she knew what he was, she was even trying to find an institution to take him because she couldn't handle him anymore. That's the point where you get the guns out of the house and stop letting him play first person shooter games.

Wrong.
What we did to the Japanese Americans during WWII was wrong and illegal.

Except it was approved by Congress, and the Supreme Court upheld it in three different cases.

And you are entirely wrong about guns.
Look at history,
Before the equalizer of firearms, there were no democracies.
After firearms, all the dictatorships turned into democracies.

Bullshit. First most of the world's countries are STILL dictatorships. I don't even really think America is a "democracy", it's a Plutocracy, where five times, we've put idiots in charge the people didn't want.

Most European countries severely limit who can own a gun, and they are freer than we are.. and have less crime.

And you are wrong to complain about the minor crimes or problems involving guns because you are ignoring the massive good guns do instead.
There are over 1 million successful crimes each year in the US.
But there are several million unsuccessful crimes prevented because of private gun ownership.
If you were to eliminate private guns, not only crime more than double, but the result would be a dictatorship eventually.

DGU's are bullshit.

Do you know how I know they are bullshit? because according the FBI's figures, only 200 cases of civilians shooting people are ruled as "Justifiable homicides", and most of them are domestic violence, not a bad guy trying to break into the home.

So you would have to believe there are millions of guys like 2AGuy, who just wank off all day about their dream about some day shooting a bad guy. And 99.9999% of the time, they can restrain themselves from shooting.

Just doesn't pass the laugh test.

Uh, guy, most businesses don't allow guns on the premises, not because they are worried about gang members stopping buy, but because they are worried that one guy might decide to settle his beef with the boss with a gun.

Most gun deaths are domestic violence and suicides, not "gang members", who only account for 2000 of the 19,000 homicides we have every year in this country.

The drive by gets the headlines, the guy who shoots his wife because she burned dinner or is fucking the neighbor doesn't.

Attacking people with mental illness?
You're a lying retard, no one is attacking people with disabilities, except another idiot with mental disabilities.

January 9, 2017
A video appears to show Trump imitating New York Times investigative reporter Serge Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, a disease that limits the function of his joints. At a South Carolina rally in November 2015, Trump jerked his arms and said, “Now, the poor guy, you ought to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said, I don’t remember, I don’t remember, maybe that’s what I said.’”

Republicans will let the mentally ill bypass background checks for gun ownership, but will find a way to keep them out of a voting booth.

Do you understand that only left wing shitheads like you are still spreading the lie about Trump and the Reporter? That you have been shown to be lying about this along with the rest of your asshat buddies?

You really need to do some basic fucking research...

yes, I know you live in fear of someone evaluating your mental health before you get to indulge your fetish.

Okay, helpful hint. When we do start doing mental health screenings for gun fetishists, "Someone getting his head blown off" is not an acceptable answer on a Rorschach test.

Functionally, it was the same weapon as the M-16 I carried in the Army, except it can't fire full auto. These weapons have no business being in civilian hands, much less someone as crazy as Lanza or Paddock or Holmes.

Uh, guy, "It's Okay because it's just the darkies shooting each other" isn't really convincing anyone.

Gang shootings, mall shootings, school shootings, NONE of this shit should be happening because it shouldn't be THIS fucking easy to get a gun.

Now, Germany has pretty wide gun ownership, but they don't consider it a right. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a gun.

If you were really a "Responsible" and "Normal" gun owner, you should be happy if the government makes it harder for criminals and crazy people to get them.

Like the M-16 but it can't fire full auto.....big fucking difference you dumb ass....

Thomas Sowell on "redlining."

It was not that many years ago when there was moral outrage ringing throughout the media because lenders were reluctant to lend in certain neighborhoods and because banks did not approve mortgage loan applications from blacks as often as they approved mortgage loan applications from whites.

All this was an opening salvo in a campaign to get Congress to pass laws forcing lenders to lend to people they would not otherwise lend to and in places where they would not otherwise put their money.

The practice of not lending in some neighborhoods was demonized as “redlining” and the fact that minority applicants were approved for mortgages only 72 percent of the time, while whites were approved 89 percent, was called “overwhelming” evidence of discrimination by the Washington Post.

Some people are more easily overwhelmed than others, especially when they find statistics that seem to fit their preconceptions. But if we do what politicians and the media seldom bother to do – stop and think – an entirely different picture emerges.

In our personal lives, common sense leads us to avoid some neighborhoods. If you want to call that “redlining,” so be it. But places where it is dangerous to go are often also places where it is dangerous to send your money.
----

As for racial differences in mortgage loan application approval rates, that does not tell you much if you are comparing apples and oranges. Income, credit history and net worth are just some of the things that are very different from one group to another.

More important, in the same ways that blacks differ from whites, whites differ from Asian Americans.

The fact that whites are turned down for conventional mortgage loans, and resort to subprime loans, more often than Asian Americans do is seldom reported in “news” stories about lending practices, even though such data are readily available.

Shocking as it may be to some, lenders are in the business of making money, and they don’t much care whose money it is, so long as they get paid.

More on Redlining......Thomas Sowell..looking at the topic in his book, "Visions of the Annointed," a great book.

'All this was an opening salvo in a campaign to get Congress to pass laws forcing lenders to lend to people they would not otherwise lend to and in places where they would not otherwise put their money'.

You and Sowell are FOS.

There isn't
Do you understand that only left wing shitheads like you are still spreading the lie about Trump and the Reporter? That you have been shown to be lying about this along with the rest of your asshat buddies?

You really need to do some basic fucking research...
It's on videotape you moron.
Trump REALLY loves you.

If they let people have guns in Germany, you doofus, that means that anyone who wants to do a mass public shooting can do it.....they choose not to.......you idiot....

Sweden has the same rules, and their criminals use fully automatic military rifles.....which are illegal in Sweden, and illegal on the entire continent...they also use hand grenades which are also illegal.

We should make it harder for criminals to get guns by keeping them locked up when we catch them with illegal guns....you are the moron who says we should keep letting them go no matter how many times we catch them, while at the same time wanting to punish people who don't use their legal guns for crime...

You are insane.

'All this was an opening salvo in a campaign to get Congress to pass laws forcing lenders to lend to people they would not otherwise lend to and in places where they would not otherwise put their money'.

You and Sowell are FOS.

There isn't

It's on videotape you moron.
Trump REALLY loves you.

It isn't on video you fucking dumb ass.....

You dumb shit...here he is mocking everyone with the same gesture, you low intelligence half wit...

Uh, guy, most businesses don't allow guns on the premises, not because they are worried about gang members stopping buy, but because they are worried that one guy might decide to settle his beef with the boss with a gun.

Most gun deaths are domestic violence and suicides, not "gang members", who only account for 2000 of the 19,000 homicides we have every year in this country.

The drive by gets the headlines, the guy who shoots his wife because she burned dinner or is fucking the neighbor doesn't.

Domestic violence shootings are majority criminals, with long histories of crime and violence shooting their baby mommas...you idiot...you know this and continue to lie.

Forum List

Back