They Continue To Hide My Work

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
I work 20-30 minutes putting together some similence of thoughtful logic and along comes slow walkin' Jones and takes it out with a stupid one liner. By Gawd Read It And Weep:

I started reading about religion when I was a teenager. My mother and sister saw me reading the Book of Mormon while I was still at home and told me to either get that book out of the house or leave myself. My maternal grandmother tried her best to brainwash me with that set of Jewish tales.

I didn't respond to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So" the way I was supposed to.

I stopped about ten years ago but during all those years before that I continued to investigate all the religious beliefs of the world. I have read the bible through and have read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for additional information and opinion. I have read excerpts from Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Sutras, the (Prayers, Meditations and Direction from Sahib) etc. Some about Buddhism although in my opinion that is hardly a religion. It's more like a personal guide.

I do not believe that any of the writings by men are inspired by a creator. I do not believe that the wanderings of early, half civilized mankind and their new and developing imagination is anything more than their dreams and yes...outright hallucinations. Anybody who studies Revelations should quickly figure out that John was exiled, ill and delusional. Do you realize that none of the new testament was written till about 40-50 years after Jesus died? Do you realize that the six known historians who were alive while Jesus was doing his thing never mentioned the first miracle? Do you realize that it was nearly a thousand years after the new testament was written that most of mankind stopped defecating on the ground and wiping himself on his hand? The men who wrote the bible thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They knew no more about a star in the sky than my dog. They had no idea of what a germ or bacteria were and consequently believed that illness was a punishment by god.They believed in miracles, magic, ghosts, witchcraft, demon possession, exorcism, healing, resurrection, slavery and the subjugation of women.

Some religions believe they will join their honorable ancestors if they live a good life. Some believe they will live multiple lives on this planet...gradually ascending to a perfect state of being. Some believe they will return as a snake or bird. Some believe they will have special rewards in the hereafter like virgins assigned to them for all eternity. Some believe they will join god on gossimer wings and pass through pearly gates and walk streets paved with gold while those who disagree with their faith will be burning in a lake of fire and brimstone for all eternity...in my opinion the most arrogant religious belief of all.

There are more than 4,000 documented ways to believe in a supreme being and not a way to prove one. If you take one of those 4,000 and investigate it, Christianity, there are more than 44,000 denominations, sects, clans etc. If it's so important, why is it so complicated and confusing? In my opinion religion is divisive and as long as different cultures believe "God Is On Their Side" there will always be wars and terrorism and hatred among mankind when they should be getting treatment to the diseased and food to the starving.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...SCREW THAT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutrition...by default nearly all of them are children.

I do not believe in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, resurrection and I for sure do not believe that 5000 hungry men, plus women and children who also ate, were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered.

Last edited:

I started reading about religion when I was a teenager. My mother and sister saw me reading the Book of Mormon while I was still at home and told me to either get that book out of the house or leave myself. My maternal grandmother tried her best to brainwash me with that set of Jewish tales.

I didn't respond to "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So" the way I was supposed to.

I stopped about ten years ago but during all those years before that I continued to investigate all the religious beliefs of the world. I have read the bible through and have read the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for additional information and opinion. I have read excerpts from Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Sutras, the (Prayers, Meditations and Direction from Sahib) etc. Some about Buddhism although in my opinion that is hardly a religion. It's more like a personal guide.

I do not believe that any of the writings by men are inspired by a creator. I do not believe that the wanderings of early, half civilized mankind and their new and developing imagination is anything more than their dreams and yes...outright hallucinations. Anybody who studies Revelations should quickly figure out that John was exiled, ill and delusional. Do you realize that none of the new testament was written till about 40-50 years after Jesus died? Do you realize that the six known historians who were alive while Jesus was doing his thing never mentioned the first miracle? Do you realize that it was nearly a thousand years after the new testament was written that most of mankind stopped defecating on the ground and wiping himself on his hand? The men who wrote the bible thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. They knew no more about a star in the sky than my dog. They had no idea of what a germ or bacteria were and consequently believed that illness was a punishment by god.They believed in miracles, magic, ghosts, witchcraft, demon possession, exorcism, healing, resurrection, slavery and the subjugation of women.

Some religions believe they will join their honorable ancestors if they live a good life. Some believe they will live multiple lives on this planet...gradually ascending to a perfect state of being. Some believe they will return as a snake or bird. Some believe they will have special rewards in the hereafter like virgins assigned to them for all eternity. Some believe they will join god on gossimer wings and pass through pearly gates and walk streets paved with gold while those who disagree with their faith will be burning in a lake of fire and brimstone for all eternity...in my opinion the most arrogant religious belief of all.

There are more than 4,000 documented ways to believe in a supreme being and not a way to prove one. If you take one of those 4,000 and investigate it, Christianity, there are more than 44,000 denominations, sects, clans etc. If it's so important, why is it so complicated and confusing? In my opinion religion is divisive and as long as different cultures believe "God Is On Their Side" there will always be wars and terrorism and hatred among mankind when they should be getting treatment to the diseased and food to the starving.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...CAN IT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutirtion...by default nearly all of them are children.

I do not believe in virgin birth, healing leprosy by touching, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, raising from the dead, resurrection and I for sure do not believe that 5000 hungry men, plus women and children who also ate, were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were gathered.

I studied the new testament for most of my life and was baptized when when I was 22 years old. I lived in the ways of the church for almost forty years. I made an honest effort to believe the bible and if I live to 100 there's no way I ever could. It's not in me. I'm an analyst. As soon as someone tells me something I immediately begin to run all the possibilities through my mind to determine if it sounds like a truth which can be proven. If it doesn't sound reasonable...I investigate it and if is in fact unreasonable I put it on the back burner. In my lifetime I have never seen or heard of anything which actually happened which could not be proven by circumstances, calculation, extrapolation and/or reasoning using mathmatics, chemistry...all the physical laws, axioms, postulates, etc. which have always been there but were discovered at various times in the past by mankind. I do not believe in devine intervention at any level. I am what's commonly known as an agnostic. Lately I've become a militant agnostic. When I can't even attend a NASCAR race without some half educated bible thumper standing up and asking god to bless the drivers and crews...CAN IT!!Those people are making millions of dollars a year while there are over 900,000,000 people starving to death or suffering from the complications of malnutirtion...by default nearly all of them are children.

You wanted 2 tissues?

"Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard"

Did Hey Zeus ever really exist or was it all a Roman conspiricy to make obedient slaves of everyone and get a tenth of what they had................just curious.

03-00452-B-841.jdf_.png

seg.vatican.mass.commotion.cnn.640x360.jpg

r

vatican.jpg

Last edited:
Cammmmpbelll, it's ok to have a problem with religion. Jesus had a problem with religion.
But you have a Father that has loved you since before you were born. And He is anxiously waiting to talk to you about the problems you have with Him, His book, and earthly religion. You have issues, He has the answers. Start talking to Him and don't stop until you are refreshed. He is on your side Cammmpbell.
You have tried religion, now give God a chance. He will not let you down.
All he wants is spend eternity with one of His favorite children, you.

Cammmmpbelll, it's ok to have a problem with religion. Jesus had a problem with religion.
But you have a Father that has loved you since before you were born. And He is anxiously waiting to talk to you about the problems you have with Him, His book, and earthly religion. You have issues, He has the answers. Start talking to Him and don't stop until you are refreshed. He is on your side Cammmpbell.
You have tried religion, now give God a chance. He will not let you down.
All he wants is spend eternity with one of His favorite children, you.

Horse, Bull and Bat shit!!

I've studied many of the ancient god worship myths and see one...you've seen them all. I'm smarter than that. Put me on this man's team:

""I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature. " ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Last edited:
I hear you camppy,

I lost my taste at five when in a church full of nice looking people a Man up front started telling me God told Abraham to kill his son and no one batted an eye.

Scared the religion right out of me that very day

You can't imagine a God that rewards and punishes the objects of his creation?

Did you reward and punish YOUR creations? Did you do it because you are a hateful nasty creep or because you loved them?

Einstein was right about about "dimly perceiving". He never did get it right. His "theory" that we hold so dearly, was, as Einstein referred to it, the bane of his existence. He asked his contemporaries to overlook the liberties he had to take for his equation to work. It took Hubble to show him the 4th dimension.

Why put your faith in a creation when you, a son of God, has access to the creator?

Last edited:

Ya have to keep it simple for simple minds. As in: "You are wrong about EVERYTHING! There is no god!!!" Something like that. Nuances are lost on these willfully ignorant fucks.

You can't imagine a God that rewards and punishes the objects of his creation?

Did you reward and punish YOUR creations? Did you do it because you are a hateful nasty creep or because you loved them?

Einstein was right about about "dimly perceiving". He never did get it right. His "theory" that we hold so dearly, was, as Einstein referred to it, the bane of his existence. He asked his contemporaries to overlook the liberties he had to take for his equation to work. It took Hubble to show him the 4th dimension.

Why put you faith in a creation when you, a son of God, has access to the creator?

I wouldn't waste my imagination on something so stupid. Any "SLAVE" can model a higher being than his master. The only freedom for a slave is to imagine no master...real or imagined.

I hear you camppy,

I lost my taste at five when in a church full of nice looking people a Man up front started telling me God told Abraham to kill his son and no one batted an eye.

Scared the religion right out of me that very day

Truth, it's too bad that your mind was shaped my a man that had no idea what really went on between God and his friend Abraham.

God was Abraham's friend. AND Abraham was God's friend. God knew the love Abraham had for Issac. God wanted Abraham to understand the pain that GOD would endure when God's son actually WAS sacrificed.

And NO God did not kill Jesus.
Jesus volunteered to be OUR< NOT GOD'S sacrificial lamb, because He also loved His brothers and sisters enough to pay for our crimes so that you and I and Cammmpbellll and XY, and Huggy and the rest of us could spend our eternal lives with our Father.

If you want the truth, I killed Christ. Not God. When Christ was hanging on that cross he was paying for MY behavior, not His, not God's.

Now that you are no longer a child and less prone to fear, it might be time to re acquaint yourself with the Father that loves you as deeply as He loved Abraham and Issac. A love that surpasses our own comprehension of Love is nothing to be afraid of. Embrace that love.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back