They Can't Do Any Worse

It's partially the GOP's fault that things aren't going well in some districts. There hasn't been true local control of schools for years in this country and the GOP played a role in that happening.

Leave decision making with the school districts, and the educational product will be much better than letting the bean counters and job-security folks run the show from state capitol.

Leave decision making with the school districts, and the educational product will be much better than letting the bean counters and job-security folks run the show from state capitol.
IDK if that is a solution or not really. I read yesterday that a principal done away with Christmas, valentines thanksgiving. Making Americans assimilate to foreigners isn't exactly a "good idea" IMO

IDK if that is a solution or not really. I read yesterday that a principal done away with Christmas, valentines thanksgiving. Making Americans assimilate to foreigners isn't exactly a "good idea" IMO
Then the parents need to get more involved, which would be super.

Then the parents need to get more involved, which would be super.
touché

Wife worked in 3 schools districts before we moved.

the boards in 2 of them were brought up on malfeasance charges

7 of 10 of the board members were fired, and 3 ended up in jail.

Last I heard, they're still looking for one of the Superintendents,

Wife worked in 3 schools districts before we moved.

the boards in 2 of them were brought up on malfeasance charges

7 of 10 of the board members were fired, and 3 ended up in jail.

Last I heard, they're still looking for one of the Superintendents,
The voters and parents have to make better selections.

Parents in East Texas always have to be aware of religious conspiracies to dominate school boards.

Martinsville ISD is a Baptist school board membership, while in Brookeland ISD, the Missionary Baptists are always trying to over the school board. Parents have to be vigilant.

I have served on school boards and one term as a school board president. The political parties are not the problems. The problems are rooted in lack of parental involvement as well as state and federal interference.

What is your background?

I have served on school boards and one term as a school board president. The political parties are not the problems. The problems are rooted in lack of parental involvement as well as state and federal interference.

What is your background?

It seems the Democrat way is to blame others for their failings. School boards are every bit as political as the two primary political parties.

I was a gadfly parent, and my wife was a teacher in the system.

As you are blaming Democrats for the problems, it seems.

Both parties are at fault, the state and feds are at fault, and uninvolved parents are at fault.

As you are blaming Democrats for the problems, it seems.

Both parties are at fault, the state and feds are at fault, and uninvolved parents are at fault.

Perhaps, but the Democrats are clearly most at fault. Reference DC, Detroit, Baltimore and Chicago results just off the top.

The Republican motto is to blame the teachers for everything that goes wrong with a kid. They never blame the kid even though they talk a big game about personal responsibility.

Never blame the kid, because the kid only knows what his parents, teachers and society teaches him.

Right, let's worry about firing teachers before we bother to figure out why they're not doing their job. That way we can blame them instead of poor parenting . That way we can make room for the flood of qualified teachers who are waiting patiently at the door for the opportunity that those mean, unqualified teachers are denying them. If a company has incompetent employees, is that the fault of the employees, or are the company's hiring practices part of the problem?

The average length of a teaching career is about 5 years. The average length of a barber's career is about 23 years. Teaching sucks. That's why people quit, that's why the turnover is so high, that's why teaching is left to the unqualified. Make teaching a job people want and they'll stay.

Right, let's worry about firing teachers before we bother to figure out why they're not doing their job. That way we can blame them instead of poor parenting . That way we can make room for the flood of qualified teachers who are waiting patiently at the door for the opportunity that those mean, unqualified teachers are denying them. If a company has incompetent employees, is that the fault of the employees, or are the company's hiring practices part of the problem?

The average length of a teaching career is about 5 years. The average length of a barber's career is about 23 years. Teaching sucks. That's why people quit, that's why the turnover is so high, that's why teaching is left to the unqualified. Make teaching a job people want and they'll stay.

All the teachers in your local schools are unqualified?

All the teachers in your local schools are unqualified?
BQE

Forum List

Back