thermite and high explosives

daws101

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
ontario,ca not canada
The molten metal that conspiracy theorists point to are a glowing flow coming from the south tower window and molten steel found under ground zero.

They suggest the above glow is steel which is being cut by a thermite cutter charge reaction. They show photos of a thermite reaction burning a hole downward through a metal plate. Let's forget for a moment that thermite doesn't explode so the claims of hearing explosions become meaningless. The argument that there was thermite and explosives seems to be rationalization of this dilemma. Why would they use thermite which cuts steel without announcing it, then switch to explosives? To tip people off? No theory exist to explain this but the faithful simply say "We're still working on it". I'm sure they are. Let's also give ourselves selective amnesia and pretend thermite can burn sideways to melt vertical columns. Maybe with some device but no working device has been proven to me to work. While there are relatively large canisters which can burn small holes sideways, I have yet to see this elusive steel cutting technique used to cut a vertical column. Then there is a patent of a device which has been brought up but as of yet there is no evidence the idea went any further. Does it even work? Anyone can make a patent but it doesn't mean it exists or even works. Even if it did, they are "Ganged" together to make the cut according to the patent. You would still need these boxes all over the columns. It would be pretty absurd to suggest they moved the walls away from the columns just to fit these things around the columns. Of course they'll say they didn't suggest that but it goes without saying. Anyway, physicists aren't supposed to know these things. I will give Jones the benefit of the doubt and say he and the other "Scholars for truth" may not know how to use Google. We'll chalk this up to old scholars who hate computers. (We'll also forget that professors are supposed to know how to do research. Though that one is a little tougher for me...) The last thing we are to ignore is that this thermite charge didn't go off during the impact and decided to go off later. Yes, thermite needs a very hot source or primary explosive to go off but this primary explosive didn't go off either. (Enter sound of explosives right? Wrong, the sounds were described as happening at the time of collapse. From what I've seen of thermite, it needs longer than microseconds to work on thick steel.) Jones' torch on the thermite proves it needs other means of setting it off but it doesn't prove a thing for whatever is supposed to set it off. That would still be very volatile in the fires. I have yet to see this 1,100C fireproof container and radio controlled primary explosive combination some have rationalized. This seems to exist because they need it to exist. It will be interesting to see how Jones gets around this now that he knows. Will he use these rationalizations or produce hard facts? I have little doubt he will think of SOMETHING...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I first wrote this, the conspiracy theorists did not disappoint. Enter "Nanothermite!" They offer these links to prove its explosive properties. The problem is the links do the exact opposite.

INTRODUCTION
Aluminum powder is a common ingredient in
energetic materials. The aluminum is used to
increase the energy and raise the flame temperature
in rocket propellants. It is also incorporated in
explosives to enhance air blast, increase bubble
energies in underwater weapons, raise reaction
temperatures and create incendiary effects. In
explosives, it is generally assumed that combustion
of aluminum particles occurs behind the reaction
front (during the expansion of the gaseous detonation
products), so that the particles do not participate in
the reaction zone, but rather act as inert ingredients.

http://www.intdetsymp.org/detsymp2002/PaperSubmit/
FinalManuscript/pdf/Brousseau-193.pdf

Son, who has been working on nanoenergetics for more than three years, says that scientists can engineer nanoaluminum powders with different particle sizes to vary the energy release rates. This enables the material to be used in many applications, including underwater explosive devices, primers for igniting firearms, and as fuel propellants for rockets.

http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/01/wo/
wo_gartner012105.asp?p=1

Note it doesn't say this type of thermite takes the place of explosives, only "to enhance air blast". None of the suggested uses scream POWERFUL to me. The towers were not underwater, and their is no evidence rockets were strapped to the columns. That they would use it as a primer and not an actual explosive seems to be good evidence it's not as powerful as the conspiracy theorist suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TRUTHERS(what's a woman, Daddy?) never answer this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMBjxyH9eg]What National Geographic has to say about thermite and 9/11/2001 - YouTube[/ame]

National Geographic used 175 pounds of thermite against a 1/2 inch steel beam, and when the reaction stopped, it didn't even damage the beam. How could it have done any damage to the far thicker core beams in the twins? Especially their claims that it was all painted on.

What National Geographic has to say about thermite and 9/11/2001 - YouTube

National Geographic used 175 pounds of thermite against a 1/2 inch steel beam, and when the reaction stopped, it didn't even damage the beam. How could it have done any damage to the far thicker core beams in the twins? Especially their claims that it was all painted on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNOM_U5UM6Q]THERMITE CUTTING STEEL - VALIDATED - EXPERIMENTALLY DEMONSTRATED - YouTube[/ame]

It proves the official story is falsified.What really happened usurps our current technology. Theory ensues.

OR EXPLAIN IT. Go on....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNOM_U5UM6Q]THERMITE CUTTING STEEL - VALIDATED - EXPERIMENTALLY DEMONSTRATED - YouTube[/ame]

Wait, didn't you and your buddies claim that the beam joints had nothing to do with it, that explosives had to be used on several floors to produce the results of 9/11 not falling floors? Which is it?

Wait, didn't you and your buddies claim that the beam joints had nothing to do with it, that explosives had to be used on several floors to produce the results of 9/11 not falling floors? Which is it?

no, no buddies of mine made any such claim...my buddies claim that NIST failed to determine the cause of the collapse and that some form of explosives and incendiaries where used to bring down wtc 1-2 and 7

no, no buddies of mine made any such claim...my buddies claim that NIST failed to determine the cause of the collapse and that some form of explosives and incendiaries where used to bring down wtc 1-2 and 7

What kind of proof do you need eots????

Jeezus man! Look at all the videos!!!! It was a fucking plane that hit the buildings...!

IF YOU TRUTHERS TRULY BELIEVE THIS NATION COULD BE SO EVIL.....

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

I'd move from such an evil nation, so..... :bye1:

Jeezus man! Look at all the videos!!!! It was a fucking plane that hit the buildings...!

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

plane strikes do not explain the collapse of the towers and no pane hit building 7....and btw ...there are no nations

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrY2F_Xz3s]Network - Money Speech - YouTube[/ame]

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

plane strikes do not explain the collapse of the towers and no pane hit building 7....and btw ...there are no nations

:cuckoo:

Media Acknowledges Steel Turned to Dust on 9/11 (Full Clip) | ABC News - YouTube

Yeah. even the engineers that built it has a BEST GUESS is that large portions...just vaporized. It was that powerful.

Try again, toolbag.
your point?.....still no proof of thermite or men in black!
I may be the bag..you on the other hand are most certainly a tool!

lol ...so what does it prove ???
that someone's estimate is way off or
did anyone weigh each and every load of steel that was carted off the wtc site?
that would be the only sure way to tell how much steel was missing.
as everyone knows an estimate is only an educated guess.

Forum List

Back