There's a per-mile vehicle tax buried in Biden's infrastructure bill

It's not a tax. The bill requires a "study" to report on what the effects would be.

And it would be an alternative to the gas tax. We had TWO threads on this yesterday, and you guys continue falling for FAKE NEWS

It's all in the bill, for you or anyone to read.

Poor folks don't have to register their vehicles where you're from or what? What if they only drive 10 miles a week. They'd be paying a hell of a lot per mile compared to someone who drives 500 miles a week. I think the only equitable choice is either per mile or per watt(s)

Poor folks don't drive electric vehicles. Rich white people do. Why do your policies always have to hurt poor and working folks, and especially non-white poor and working folks?

And apparently you want the rich with elec cars on the road to avoid paying what people with gas cars pay to repair roads.

No, retard, I just said they need to have a surcharge on their vehicle registrations. Why do your policies always hurt the poor and working people the most?

Also, let's see a link to your lie that "it would be an alternative to the gas tax".

Poor folks don't drive electric vehicles. Rich white people do. Why do your policies always have to hurt poor and working folks, and especially non-white poor and working folks?

That's only a GOP talking point and not grounded in reality. In reality, it is a study to hopefully find an equitable solution to sharing the tax burden for the upkeep of our roads. Both parties should be working together to find one that works on all levels.

That's only a GOP talking point and not grounded in reality. In reality, it is a study to hopefully find an equitable solution to sharing the tax burden for the upkeep of our roads. Both parties should be working together to find one that works on all levels.
And it's a study ordered in the bipartisan infrastructure bill, isn't it? LOL

And we are going to see more and more alternatives to gasoline. imo the pure elec cars with the plug in batteries may be worse than what people seek to cure.

But hybrids, with smaller and recharging as the car is driven may be a positive. I'm over 65, and figure to buy my last car probaly 5-7 years from now. I'll probably just go gas, because I drive so little. Another used lexus, but Ford has that little new Truck with a hybrid. It's not really a truck. But it has 4 doors, and I could get yard and garden stuff in the back. My daughter just went gas, but she drives several hundred miles on highways and doesn't want to break down, and she's got an SUV that goes > 30mpg.

It's only a political issue if one is bound and determined to find something wrong with Biden. And Trump never got an infrastructure bill despite promising one.

Taxing people more who have to drive farther to their jobs, because they can't afford to live near where they work, is not equitable. The fact that you don't even realize that is indicative of how out of touch your rich, white party is with actual people.

Taxing people more who have to drive farther to their jobs, because they can't afford to live near where they work, is not equitable. The fact that you don't even realize that is indicative of how out of touch your rich, white party is with actual people.
you fucking idiot, we ALREADY tax people more for driving more miles. An alternative to the gas tax merely taxes those who don't use GAS

It's not a tax. The bill requires a "study" to report on what the effects would be.

And it would be an alternative to the gas tax. We had TWO threads on this yesterday, and you guys continue falling for FAKE NEWS

It's all in the bill, for you or anyone to read.
Nowhere does it say it will replace the gas tax. Gubmint never eliminates a tax.

Welcome to America. The more you use the roads the more you pay for the upkeep.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s a pilot program, because they intend to never implement it fully? :cuckoo:
They intend to study an issue before deciding if or how it should be implemented.

You may remove your panties from your butt and calm down.

you fucking idiot, we ALREADY tax people more for driving more miles. An alternative to the gas tax merely taxes those who don't use GAS

LOL, Hoss will twist himself inside out given enough time.

Sounds like a gotdamn Commie to me!

It's not an alternative, it's an addition. And it doesn't take into account fuel efficiency, so poor and working people will still pay more, just the way you want it. You fucking idiot.

This has been talked about for some time now, like the passed decade. The problem is not taxing vehicles by miles driven, it the the government then also as the ability to track where you drive. On my new vehicles I have turned that system off so the automaker can not track or locate me. On my 25 year old truck I'll just keep it running for a good long time. Just like those insurance trackers to be a good driver, don't lie about annual miles driven and get a discount.

If the government has their way all vehicles sold will have such a devise that cannot be disabled legally.

not reassuring to those of you who have abandoned reason and logic and embrace outrage culture.
Thats like a stranger saying he is thinking about raping women but hasnt made up his mind yet

not very reassuring

New Topics

Forum List

Back