There Will Be Death

Joe Steel

Class Warrior
Dec 11, 2009
St. Louis, MO
How many Americans will die as a result of policies a Romney - Ryan administration might implement? That's a question many are pondering, and not idly. One person I know is, for the first time ever, frightened by what might happen as a result of a presidential election.

Romney is widely regarded as little more than a frontman for extremists already in Washington. He almost certainly will be the president "with enough working digits to handle a pen" that Grover Norquist said is all the need to get what they want.

So what will the toll be?

Here's a sample of the right wing agenda Romney will implement and the death it will cause.

Even more reckless, the House voted to block limits on deadly mercury emissions – a move that federal scientists calculate would result in 20,000 premature deaths – and drop safeguards on cement manufacturing that would kill another 12,500 Americans and lead to thousands of avoidable heart attacks.

Mitt Romney's Real Agenda

Should Romney repeal Obamacare as he has promised, the toll will be much higher. Millions will lose access to health care and will be left to fend for themselves. While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, one study estimated as many as 40,000 Americans die every year because they don't have it.

This is the horror we bring down on ourselves if we elect Mitt Romney.

Death by Ideology

Mitt Romney doesn’t see dead people. But that’s only because he doesn’t want to see them; if he did, he’d have to acknowledge the ugly reality of what will happen if he and Paul Ryan get their way on health care.

Last week, speaking to The Columbus Dispatch, Mr. Romney declared that nobody in America dies because he or she is uninsured: “We don’t have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don’t have insurance.” This followed on an earlier remark by Mr. Romney — echoing an infamous statement by none other than George W. Bush — in which he insisted that emergency rooms provide essential health care to the uninsured.

These are remarkable statements. They clearly demonstrate that Mr. Romney has no idea what life (and death) are like for those less fortunate than himself.

Even the idea that everyone gets urgent care when needed from emergency rooms is false. Yes, hospitals are required by law to treat people in dire need, whether or not they can pay. But that care isn’t free — on the contrary, if you go to an emergency room you will be billed, and the size of that bill can be shockingly high. Some people can’t or won’t pay, but fear of huge bills can deter the uninsured from visiting the emergency room even when they should. And sometimes they die as a result.

More important, going to the emergency room when you’re very sick is no substitute for regular care, especially if you have chronic health problems. When such problems are left untreated — as they often are among uninsured Americans — a trip to the emergency room can all too easily come too late to save a life.

So the reality, to which Mr. Romney is somehow blind, is that many people in America really do die every year because they don’t have health insurance.

So let’s be brutally honest here. The Romney-Ryan position on health care is that many millions of Americans must be denied health insurance, and millions more deprived of the security Medicare now provides, in order to save money. At the same time, of course, Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan are proposing trillions of dollars in tax cuts for the wealthy. So a literal description of their plan is that they want to expose many Americans to financial insecurity, and let some of them die, so that a handful of already wealthy people can have a higher after-tax income.

It’s not a pretty picture — and you can see why Mr. Romney chooses not to see it.

more

Right, unlike the new Health Care Act that will kill off millions of Seniors who won't be able to find Doctors to treat them or certain meds that will cost too much and will be denied to them.
How about Obama's polices that is raising the cost of utilities prices and the poor and elderly who will not be able to afford to heat their homes this winter and will freeze to death?

Last edited:
Should Romney repeal Obamacare as he has promised, the toll will be much higher.
Romney said he'd like to "repeal and replace". Replace with RomneyCare which was the blueprint for ObamaCare.
Millions will lose access to health care and will be left to fend for themselves.
You mean like they always have? If Americans were't having their jobs shipped overseas in "free not fair trade agreements" then they could afford to buy their own insurance.

While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, one study estimated as many as 40,000 Americans die every year because they don't have it.
The Relationship Between Western Medicine and Death is clear: 195,000 deaths a year from Medical Mistakes alone.

The Relationship Between Big Pharma and Death is clear: 20,000 deaths a years from prescription drugs.

How many people have already died as a result of obama's policies? How many in Fast and Furious? How many insider attacks in the middle east? How many as a result of inadequate security at our embassies. In case you didn't notice, a few days after the attack on the Libyan embassy, an embassy worker in Yemen was murdered. There's another one. How many death sentences with obama's care panel hand out?

While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, one study estimated as many as 40,000 Americans die every year because they don't have it.
While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, that's not going to stop complete political hacks from creating one anyways. :lol:

Right, unlike the new Health Care Act that will kill off millions of Seniors who won't be able to find Doctors to treat them or certain meds that will cost too much and will be denied to them.

I suppose you're referring to the reductions of Medicare overpayments. How will that kill millions?

How about Obama's polices that is raising the cost of utilities prices and the poor and elderly who will not be able to afford to heat their homes this winter and will freeze to death?

Please elaborate.

The Relationship Between Western Medicine and Death is clear: 195,000 deaths a year from Medical Mistakes alone.

The Relationship Between Big Pharma and Death is clear: 20,000 deaths a years from prescription drugs.

So, why are you defending free market health care?

While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, that's not going to stop complete political hacks from creating one anyways.

Or stooges from denying any relationship at all. That's what you're doing. We don't know how may die because they don't have health insurance but we know it must be some.

I defend "Free Market" Health Care where I have a say not "Gov't Healthcare" where some non-elected bureaucrats make life decisions for me.

I'm a Vet but I never use V.A. "care" because I know what it's like. I don't wanna' force that upon everyone else.

While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear, that's not going to stop complete political hacks from creating one anyways.

Or stooges from denying any relationship at all. That's what you're doing. We don't know how may die because they don't have health insurance but we know it must be some.
Right....The paragraph says that there's no real evidence that there's a relationship, but can then throw out a clear number of supposed deaths based upon that which is unclear.

And I'm the stooge. :lmao:

I defend "Free Market" Health Care where I have a say not "Gov't Healthcare" where some non-elected bureaucrats make life decisions for me.

Free market health care is full of unelected bureaucrats. They work for the insurance companies and they care only about money. Surely you don't think you're better-off with them than employees of the US government, do you?

Right....The paragraph says that there's no real evidence that there's a relationship, but can then throw out a clear number of supposed deaths based upon that which is unclear.

And I'm the stooge. :lmao:

What paragraph would that be? Not mine. I didn't say no real evidence.

"While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear..."

That is another way of saying that you have no real evidence of any relationship whatsoever....It's a qualifier that completely nullifies the "clear" number which follows.

IOW, you're pulling it out of your ass.

"While the relationship between health insurance and death is unclear..."

That is another way of saying that you have no real evidence of any relationship whatsoever....It's a qualifier that completely nullifies the "clear" number which follows.

IOW, you're pulling it out of your ass.

It would have been more credible if they had penned in the number '40,392'.

Nothing like implying precission to bullshit in order to make it more believable.

Forum List

Back