There was no ‘light-bulb moment’ when I realised I was gay

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
The future government minister and his friends “would pile into an old, battered Mercedes” and travel to see the popular showbands of the day and dance with girls in Tralee, Killarney, Cahersiveen and Dingle.

“A wave of young manhood would leave one side of the hall and go towards the women and you just grabbed whoever happened to be close to you because if you didn’t, someone else did,” he said.

Pat Carey interview There was no light-bulb moment when I realised I was gay

like any human is going to lose any sleep...

want to puke

I remember long ago a passage in a book where this Jewish guy liked to watch women shit on a glass table while he watched from underneath. Does that make him straight? What if he wanted to watch you puke? Would that make him gay?

Just curious.

write a book about it and then let us know how many you sold because people really cared to hear about when you had your light bulb moment.

like any human is going to lose any sleep...

want to puke
I remember long ago a passage in a book where this Jewish guy liked to watch women shit on a glass table while he watched from underneath. Does that make him straight? What if he wanted to watch you puke? Would that make him gay?
Just curious.

I think we have 4 or 5 or maybe eight dozen people just like that right here in this very forum.

No one's gay, no one's straight. Most are just sexual. But the ease with which we can 'make due' and move from absolutes reveals gay and straight aren't objective realities.

How many 'straight' men find clothed men who look like very attractive women sexually attractive despite they're being 'ladyboys?' Does this mean the 'straight' men aren't straight, or does it mean that they're simply sexually desirous and until they see what they desire nude the fact that they're sexual more so than straight or gay is what's going on?

Prisoners who identify as entirely straight will 'make due' and have sex with other 'straight men' when neither has the option of anything else. Both for pleasure as well as other reasons like dominations or maintaing social allegiances. But once removed from the all-male enviroment most return to their 'all straight' sexual lifestyles. Were they really entirely straight?

A 'gay' person can have heterosexual sex if they choose just as 'straight' people can have gay sex if they choose, is the only option, they get drunk enough, etc.

Only very recently did sexuality get the whole straight or gay terminology slapped onto it. Previous to the founding of such terminology, everyone just had sex, or didn't. But there was no particular breakdown into gay sex and straight sex. It was just sex.

No one's gay, no one's straight. Most are just sexual. But the ease with which we can 'make due' and move from absolutes reveals gay and straight aren't objective realities.

How many 'straight' men find clothed men who look like very attractive women sexually attractive despite they're being 'ladyboys?' Does this mean the 'straight' men aren't straight, or does it mean that they're simply sexually desirous and until they see what they desire nude the fact that they're sexual more so than straight or gay is what's going on?

Prisoners who identify as entirely straight will 'make due' and have sex with other 'straight men' when neither has the option of anything else. Both for pleasure as well as other reasons like dominations or maintaing social allegiances. But once removed from the all-male enviroment most return to their 'all straight' sexual lifestyles. Were they really entirely straight?

A 'gay' person can have heterosexual sex if they choose just as 'straight' people can have gay sex if they choose, is the only option, they get drunk enough, etc.

Only very recently did sexuality get the whole straight or gay terminology slapped onto it. Previous to the founding of such terminology, everyone just had sex, or didn't. But there was no particular breakdown into gay sex and straight sex. It was just sex.
I don't know how you are wired, but I certainly never found any man sexually attractive.

I think your sexuality is as mixed up as your writing.

Forum List

Back