There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

Beer is in the grocery store too. It was used as a source of calories for a long time.
No skin off my nose if someone picks up a six pack with a carton of Yodels. If it's support for groceries and it's in a grocery store, whatever.

No skin off my nose if someone picks up a six pack with a carton of Yodels. If it's support for groceries and it's in a grocery store, whatever.
C'mon. Where's the fun in helping other people if you can't boss them around a bit?

Oh your opinion is frustrating! I think we've reached an impasse though.

Sure I get it. It's really awesome that you know better and want to "give them" better options.
Actually, someone who is self-supporting has made smarter decisions than people who can’t even feed themselves. And I’m sure if you compared the average IQ of food stamp recipients to the average IQ of self-supporting people, the latter would be notably higher.

C'mon. Where's the fun in helping other people if you can't boss them around a bit?
When people give you something to help you they are sacrificing something they earned for your well-being. It would be very arrogant to not heed the advice of the people that are helping.

Actually, someone who is self-supporting have made smarter decisions than people who can’t even feed themselves. And I’m sure I’d you compared the average IQ of food stamp recipients to the average IQ of self-supporting people, the latter would be notably higher.
Do you like progressive hunter's idea of making them wards of the state? Indentured servants?

When people give you something to help you they are sacrificing something they earned for your well-being. It would be very arrogant to not heed the advice of the people that are helping.
Well, you aren't giving anyone anything. The government is. Welfare isn't charity.

Do you like progressive hunter's idea of making them wards of the state? Indentured servants?
youre lying about what I said,,

if they choose to live their lives on welfare then they should be declared wards and restricted from voting for more of other peoples stuff,,

the people that just need a helping hand to get back on their feet are just fine,,

now tell us who is bossing people around??

We could re-open the poor houses. Then they could only eat whatever government slop was allotted for that day.

If I gave $20,000 to some poor single parent that desperately needed help would I then be an authoritarian asshole for creating rules about how it can be spent? Would it be unreasonable for me to not want that money to be spent on candy, drugs and alcohol?

Nobody said anything even remotely like like that, and you know it. You really need to knock that chip off your shoulder. You’re ADAMANT that people who get free food, thanks to American’s system of providing for the poor, show no appreciation whatsoever.

Forum List

Back