There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

It is the subject
You want conditions on welfare for the poor, why not welfare for the rich?

Guess who gets more?
The top 2% own 90% of the wealth in this country, have saved countless billions of dollars in tax cuts since Reagan draining the U.S. treasury as our infrastructure falls apart because we're broke. Meanwhile, programmed idiots bitch about someone buying a fucking candy bar with a SNAP card as Amazon pays 0 in federal taxes.

In their minds “humane” means we all share in the misery. They are not happy unless we all live in block apartments and have the same income. If you live on a golf course, for example, you are the problem. You most certainly aren’t paying your fair share, otherwise, you would be living in the apartment next to them despite your income.

Absolutely. There are now nice suburbs that Dementia wants to destroy. They have housing codes of single family units only. It keeps lower income people from sneaking in and ruining the city like they have so many from coast to coast.

If successful your nice park will turn into a project site. Your property value will be cut in half because crime will increase by 1000%. Your school will be too dangerous to send your kids to.

The top 2% own 90% of the wealth in this country, have saved countless billions of dollars in tax cuts since Reagan draining the U.S. treasury as our infrastructure falls apart because we're broke. Meanwhile, programmed idiots bitch about someone buying a fucking candy bar with a SNAP card as Amazon pays 0 in federal taxes.
It's more than that. I'm concerned about public health. We need to find ways to mitigate obesity, and the problem revolves around poor people that eat badly.

Here we go again......Reagan.

Well you know, since Reagan, we've had two Democrat presidencies each having two terms and each having a Democrat led Congress for their first two years. If what Reagan did was so bad, why didn't they reverse his policies, or at least try to? :eusa_shhh:

Just think of the money you could have back in your pocket if we put some restrictions on what can be bought with food stamps.

Junk food is less expensive then nutritious food is. That's why people buy it.
Also people are addicted to sugar, to the extent that many people would go into a sugar withdrawal if they started eating better. I understand why it happens. That's not an idea for a solution though.

Just think of the money you could have back in your pocket if we put some restrictions on what can be bought with food stamps.

As opposed to increasing the money we pay for SNAP so people can buy some more candy bars and chips if they so choose.

American adults consume an average of 77 grams of sugar per day, more than 3 times the recommended amount for women. This adds up to around 60 pounds of added sugar annually – that’s six, 10-pound bowling balls, folks! The numbers are even worse for children. American kids consume 81 grams per day, equaling over 65 pounds of added sugar per year. Think of it this way – children are ingesting over 30 gallons of added sugars from beverages alone. That’s enough to fill a bathtub!

I believe our addiction to sugar is a serious public health issue. If you compare how much sugar people eat today to how much they ate 100 years ago the difference is actually staggering.

Last edited:
If I'm going to be buying dinner for the poor I think I should have a say in what's acceptable to buy and what's not. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to buy steak or anything nice, but I do think they shouldn't be able to buy a bunch of chips, soda and candy. There's an obesity epidemic in the country, particularly among the poor, and I don't want my money to make it worse. With my taxed income I want people to be buying healthy foods that help facilitate healthy lifestyles. If people are really in such rough shape that they need that kind of help they should be more than happy to just buy the things they actually need with it.
And they should be told what to think wear and speak, right? And of course none of them should be allowed to look a superior person like yourself in the eyes. They should have to lower their eyes and bow down every time you pass by on the street, right?

They are making profit
Why should we subsidize their profit ?

Do you think what they do is in the country’s public interest? How about the welfare recipient who doesn’t want to work and collects a check. What contribution are they making to the public interest?

In many poor areas there are no supermarkets

There are plenty near my office within walking distance but the convenience store is just that, more convenient. When you aren’t actually paying for the food, the convenience factor wins out.

Given the growing shortages of everything across the country, this topic is rather moot as long as Hairplugs and Buttplug are "in charge" of our transportation and logistics infrastructure.

And they should be told what to think wear and speak, right?
You're overreacting. I think you probably know I don't believe any of that.
And of course none of them should be allowed to look a superior person like yourself in the eyes.
I do my best to be very respectful of all poor people in public. On the contrary I find it to be the other poor people that treat grocery store workers like shit for example. I go out of my way to be very kind and generous to poor people. I have never in my life passed a homeless person and not offered them money or food unless it was somehow inconvenient.

Forum List

Back