There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

What does that have to do with the op???

Infants aren't eating the candy & pop. Mom and dad are and they're eating it at my expense.
I've noticed now many of the fast food restaurants have signs saying they accept ebt. As do the gas stations.

The abuse of this program has gone to absurd levels.

I personally would take it one step further than the op and restrict purchases of steak, lobster and other premium foods.

The candy and pop kind of thing doesn't bug me so much as it does what they buy with cash. After the SNAP's stuff is paid for they get a bill for well over a hundred bucks for dog food, alcohol, cigarettes and so forth. I would like to see a law where you can only use SNAP or cash. If you use SNAP, then all items have to be SNAP items. If you want to buy all that other junk, go shopping again and get it.

We make it so convenient for them, as if they're exhausted from their jobs or something.

Don't forget they all leave the stores in brand new Lincolns and Caddies.
You may be typing in sarcasm. When the Welfare system ramped up with all of the programs, there was corruption. My mom never said any words about racial issues. She was and is an adamant Church goer and volunteered her time to help others when she retired. However, when after working a long day and then going to the Supermarket in our neighborhood she would constantly see African American women in good clothes and nice cars at that market. and they used Food Stamps and whatever else could be used. There were African Americans who actually parked at the No Park Zones in front of the market. Our neighborhood abutted their neighborhood which had no market because of all the crime. Inconvenience can be for all people.

Restricting poor people from using food stamps to buy candy and soda IS helping them. We can see from the chart posted upthread that poor people are making unwise decisions as to how they spend OUR money, particularly with the soda.

Why can’t the welfare mother put water in an ice cube tray, and then give her kid a refreshing drink of ice water instead of sugae-laden Coke? And this would help the poor in two ways: it would reduce their intake of unhealthy sodas, and also free up food stamps to spend on something healthy.
You're just a miserable human being bitching over poor people having a soda once in a while. Actually, soda is probably healthier then some of the filth coming out of the water pipes of cities accross this entire country, idiot.

If there's not non SNAP items on the conveyor belt then they're not using a SNAP card to pay for them because the system won't allow it.

Correct, that's why I said I see them paying two separate bills, one with SNAP's and the other with cash.

In my opinion all people have a right to live in humane conditions.
What has that got to do with what we are discussing, re how the poor spend food stamps? I said they shouldn’t be throwing our money away on unhealthy Cokes, and you come back with they should live in humane conditions? Talk about deflecting!!

BTW, the poor families near me are housed in plain, although OK, 2-story row houses with three small bedrooms. That’s humane enough, isn’t it?

Let 'em eat Ramen, right asswipe? With the price of steak & lobster these days you can bet your life that most EBT users ain't buying much of it, Clown. If any. And siince when is beef & seafood junk food?
It shouldn't be an option CLOWN. And I called it premium not junk. Learn to read asswipe

What has that got to do with what we are discussing, re how the poor spend food stamps? I said they shouldn’t be throwing our money away on unhealthy Cokes, and you come back with they should live in humane conditions? Talk about deflecting!!

BTW, the poor families near me are housed in plain, although OK, 2-story row houses with three small bedrooms. That’s humane enough, isn’t it?
You perfect? How many unhealthy habits do YOU have which contributes to the health care costs of the rest of us, princess.

Princess? Did you just assume her gender while demeaning it?

Fucking bigot
You're an anal retentive jerkoff jizzing on yourself as you bitch about people supposedly buying lobster with a SNAP card.

Try getting a life, assclown.

Back in the 60's when I was a kid, soda pop was only for special occasions like visitors coming over or once in a while where Dad worked some overtime. Outside of that, beverages were things like a pitcher of Kool-Aid. A five cent package of Kool-Aid and a scoop of sugar.

You do? How much do you contribute to the healthcare costs of the rest of us with your unhealthy lifestyle?
Well, I'm actually quite healthy personally. I eat healthy food and exercise regularly. Every once in a while I'll buy a nice bottle of wine and take my frustrations out on internet people. I take care of myself and do my best to not make excuses. It's not unreasonable for the public to decide that candy and soda shouldn't be purchasable with public food assistance. Poor people with poor diets and limited or no health insurance are contributing to the cost of healthcare far more than anybody in my family. We do a good job of taking care of ourselves.

In their minds “humane” means we all share in the misery. They are not happy unless we all live in block apartments and have the same income. If you live on a golf course, for example, you are the problem. You most certainly aren’t paying your fair share, otherwise, you would be living in the apartment next to them despite your income.

It is the subject
You want conditions on welfare for the poor, why not welfare for the rich?

Guess who gets more?

Tax breaks are not welfare. The Communists created corporate welfare to promote their hatred of successful people. That aside, what happens when you lower their taxes? We seen the results during Trump before Joe's buddies sent us their virus. Best economy in 50 years. Lowest unemployment for women and every minority group since records were kept. A million more jobs available than Americans who could do them.

What do we get by increasing food stamp allowance like Biden just did? More people prone to staying on the system. Fatter people. Lazier people. Zero benefit to anybody but them, plus we go further into debt.

Forum List

Back