There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

I think MisterBeale hit the nail on the head.

What you can and cannot buy with food stamps is dependent on what special interests paid our politicians to allow.

As I mentioned earlier, corn is a key ingredient in junk food and the agricultural industry has a huge influence on our politicians.

Ray, why are you lying about this? You need to get forward about 20 years in your thinking. The cashiers do not separate the items. They items are automatically sorted by the register and two totals are given: one for SNAP and the other for items not eligible for SNAP. This has been the case at least since the early 2000s when both of my oldest kids were cashiers at out local major chain grocery store. The procedure makes the process more private and there is no possibility for error or fraud.

Don't forget they all leave the stores in brand new Lincolns and Caddies.

Ghetto folks should be mandated for sterilization. A federal mandate sterilizing ghetto folks who save money and free up our hospitals to deal with gun shot wounds from the remaining ghetto folks and stuff.

"Food stamps" ARE restricted to only certain food items.

But there are always people who find ways around that.

Doesn't matter how many restrictions you put on government welfare, there are always those ingenus criminals that know how to get around it.
That's fine that it doesn't work for everybody. It'll work on many.

We ban food stamp recipients from buying tobacco and alcohol and Bic Macs. How is banning candy not the same thing?
Because not everybody is as miserable as you wanting to prevent people from buyimg a lousy fucking candy bar with a SNAP card.

Only an idiot would equate tobacco & alcohol with chocolate or any sweets.

The card has big letters saying SNAP. That's besides the fact when people checkout, they usually don't have separate bills to pay. The cash register will only accept SNAP's payment for allowable SNAP'S items, and I see all sorts of non SNAP items on the conveyor belt. It's really not rocket science.
If there's not non SNAP items on the conveyor belt then they're not using a SNAP card to pay for them because the system won't allow it.

The majority of those on WIC are infants and toddlers, the majority of people on EBT are elderly, disabled and children, 80%...
What does that have to do with the op???

Infants aren't eating the candy & pop. Mom and dad are and they're eating it at my expense.
I've noticed now many of the fast food restaurants have signs saying they accept ebt. As do the gas stations.

The abuse of this program has gone to absurd levels.

I personally would take it one step further than the op and restrict purchases of steak, lobster and other premium foods.

If I'm going to be buying dinner for the poor I think I should have a say in what's acceptable to buy and what's not. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to buy steak or anything nice, but I do think they shouldn't be able to buy a bunch of chips, soda and candy. There's an obesity epidemic in the country, particularly among the poor, and I don't want my money to make it worse. With my taxed income I want people to be buying healthy foods that help facilitate healthy lifestyles. If people are really in such rough shape that they need that kind of help they should be more than happy to just buy the things they actually need with it.
No! Poor people need help rather then more control!

What does that have to do with the op???

Infants aren't eating the candy & pop. Mom and dad are and they're eating it at my expense.
I've noticed now many of the fast food restaurants have signs saying they accept ebt. As do the gas stations.

The abuse of this program has gone to absurd levels.

I personally would take it one step further than the op and restrict purchases of steak, lobster and other premium foods.
Let 'em eat Ramen, right asswipe? With the price of steak & lobster these days you can bet your life that most EBT users ain't buying much of it, Clown. If any. And siince when is beef & seafood junk food?

No! Poor people need help rather then more control!
Restricting poor people from using food stamps to buy candy and soda IS helping them. We can see from the chart posted upthread that poor people are making unwise decisions as to how they spend OUR money, particularly with the soda.

Why can’t the welfare mother put water in an ice cube tray, and then give her kid a refreshing drink of ice water instead of sugae-laden Coke? And this would help the poor in two ways: it would reduce their intake of unhealthy sodas, and also free up food stamps to spend on something healthy.

Restricting poor people from using food stamps to buy candy and soda IS helping them. We can see from the chart posted upthread that poor people are making unwise decisions as to how they spend OUR money, particularly with the soda.

Why can’t the welfare mother put water in an ice cub tray, and then give her kid a refreshing drink of ice water instead of sugae-laden Coke? And this would help the poor in two ways: it would reduce their intake of unhealthy sodas, and also free up food stamps to spend on something healthy.
I generally buy a lot of diet coke. I am not poor.

Forum List

Back